Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

My iPod and ashtray pennies and car lighter were burgled from my vehicle on my birthday while I was being forced to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I thought of another.

My last car was an 86 Chrysler Lebaron convertible. I left it under a car-cover while on vacation and came back to find that the cloth top and tires had been slashed.

There were plenty of junkies in my college town so I think they saw a covered car and assumed payday. They cut the convertible top behind the side window trying to reach the door handle, to no avail, (the window motor was stripped, if they pushed on the window it would have slid right down) so they cut a gash in the roof so they could drop into the backseat and rummage through my poo poo.

There was literally nothing of value in the car, I didn't even have floor mats or pens in the glove box. They slashed my tires out of frustration and tossed the cover in a ditch, letting the rain and snow blanket my interior for two weeks.

I junked the car for 500 because it was a piece of poo poo before the attempted burglary. Still, it was a fun little convertible that belonged to my great grandpa, and gently caress junkies

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Someone stole my iPod which was fair and deserved cause I forgot to lock my car

What really steamed my balls was they took my loving car manual!! What the Hell

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Sperghetti posted:

My iPod and ashtray pennies and car lighter were burgled from my vehicle on my birthday while I was being forced to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

im very sorry about the movie

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Nope. Somebody did once break into the house next door once and steal a bunch of laptops. I fortified my house, so when they tried to break in a week later they failed and got covered in tar.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

"After having my last cranioplasty people say I look and act the same as before my attempted murder. "

Welp, there went my theory.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Some crackhead broke my passenger side window to steal a handful of nickels and pennies I'd gotten from a drive-thru and left in my cupholder

Thanks for nothing, crackhead

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Some crackhead broke my passenger side window to steal a handful of nickels and pennies I'd gotten from a drive-thru and left in my cupholder

Thanks for nothing, crackhead

This is why you don't lock your car doors if all you have is some spare change. Maybe even put a little note under you windshield letting potential thieves know, "My doors are unlocked, I only have spare change to steal"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Someone make the parody thread have you ever been burgerlerized

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'd break the windows if I found a note like that

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This is why you don't lock your car doors if all you have is some spare change.

uhm well there is always the car itself

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
A guy asked to use my phone and then took off with it. He was real weird about it, pretending to use the phone while I was walking next to him. He tried to give me heroin as a consolation. After he made off with it I looked for him for about an hour. Caught up with him in a sketchy area late at night. I decided I didn't want to get shot that night so I just yelled at him and walked away, but I still remember the look in his eyes when he warned me I should leave.

Also I put my bag down at a bus stop downtown, late night again, and some black dude waltzes by and scoops it up. Then another black guy swoops in, steals the bag back from him and leaves it at my feet.

More in the vein of burglarizing than being burgled, I had a friend in high school who was from the wrong side of the tracks. He often went prowling for cars that were unlocked or had their windows down. One day he found a filled prescription of adderall.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My job trailer did. Thought it would be full of electrical equipment since it was at a power plant. Just grinders and paint equipment. So they took a plastic case for our $8k high voltage holiday tester, leaving the tester behind. Then took the tires off the trailer. They cut several gate locks and one guy fell into our 10 foot pit where the road would of been since that was a tunnel entrance for the pipe we were working on. It was stupid and annoying.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Twice. The first time they stole the stereo out of an old soft top Jeep I had. The second time they couldn't steal the stereo (it had a removable face plate thing and is nonfunctional without), and they couldn't figure out how to hot wire it, so they just cut the window and broke some of the dash board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

GF has had her window smashed twice to get at a GPS she forgot to hide away

• Locked thread