Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

poo poo happens, hopefully ball-sniffing Jogi will pass on the torch to someone else now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I did, however, smell my balls as well after this loss and it turns out they're extremely salty

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Mission accomplished!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Imagine, in 10 years he might be one of those pundits :allears:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Hugely disappointed, feels like we gave away that game in a big way with too many small mistakes such as not finishing chances or overcommitting on attack or the pen. Hector didn't look great on the left, Sissoko was bossing him all game. Then Boateng gets injured and we're hosed.
Just played into France's hands too much when we didn't have to. gently caress this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Healbot posted:

I love Basti, but his insistence on giving away that handball was proper shite (though part of the blame lies with Hector, who cleared to a corner without any opposition around).

Sissoko was coming in behind.

Not close enough to be a goal threat, but it's still usually the better option to put it out and get everyone organised.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

beer_war posted:

Mission accomplished!

Alle dachte er scherzt. Knallharter Ernst!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I have decided to only remember Höwedes's tackle/block from that game. Positively Papadopoulosesque and extremely my poo poo. Close thread, gas op

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smirr posted:

Close thread, gas op

:agreed:

Edit: can't close through the app, lol

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:rip: Schlandanistan

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Don't actually close the thread, or the foreigners are going to bully us over it, and rightfully so

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smirr posted:

Don't actually close the thread, or the foreigners are going to bully us over it, and rightfully so

And perhaps we even get good news like Löw retiring, which we then would have to discuss in the Bundesliga thread. There's no harm to let the thread open until the Euro is over.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Healbot posted:

:agreed:

Edit: can't close through the app, lol

Ugh, I need to get this stupid update out soon...

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Would Löw retiring a good thing ? I'm not sure about that.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I think it'd be good even if it'd be change for change's sake. We're playing well most of the time, but Löw's dislike of certain players that'd make us even better is holding back our true potential.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
He's definitely not gonna retire now. I think a couple of months ago he hinted at stopping after Russia 2018.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm surprised that Germans want loew out? It's only been 2 years since you won the world cup.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
gently caress off if you want Löw out imo he's been doing cool and good work and no matter where he put his hands it did not cause any penalties

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yeah, let's fire Löw and put one of the countless amazing German coaches in charge that are available right now, such as

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
what a sad way to go out of the tourney, this sucks.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Jürgen Klopp, for all the meltdowns it would cause :cheeky:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Why would anyone want to get rid of Löw

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Not ballsniffing, not the real Hans Joachim Löw.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Löw drew his strength from his ball and butt sniffing. When society "cracked" down on it, Germany were finished, rip.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Beautiful.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Just wanted to say, Schweini was the best player on the pitch up until the handball, sad for him! Müller is still a turd and i am glad i don't have to see his giant flapping maw on my tv for a while...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Some of you said Löw should resign now, but personally I think Löw is a p decent coach who handles the team and the media well and his only shortcoming is the somewhat strange selection policy. Don't know what the succession plan is at the DFB, here's what I can see happening:

One option is for him to train up a successor internally during the next two years so he can take over after 2018. Would be someone that shares the spirit and continues along the same lines, the most boring option.

Another more exciting path would be getting some young relatively unproven coach together with an ex-player to be the face of the operation (like Klinsmann/Löw in 2004). We could have Scholl/Nagelsmann for Germany!

Third option: Get some proven manager in. Tuchel or Klopp are not going to do it. I think from the Bundesliga Hecking and Roger Schmidt are the only ones that would be somewhat likely if they want to go for someone with some kind of higher profile. Schaaf is currently the only decent out of work coach. Out of these I'd quite like to see Hecking actually.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

ephex posted:

gently caress off if you want Löw out imo he's been doing cool and good work and no matter where he put his hands it did not cause any penalties

Best post. Close thread, gas op.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Just wanted to say, Schweini was the best player on the pitch up until the handball, sad for him! Müller is still a turd and i am glad i don't have to see his giant flapping maw on my tv for a while...

We're enemies now

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Another more exciting path would be getting some young relatively unproven coach together with an ex-player to be the face of the operation (like Klinsmann/Löw in 2004). We could have Scholl/Nagelsmann for Germany!

I will stop watching the national team if Mehmet loving Scholl gets anywhere near the manager post. I nearly have to vomit every time I see his Hackfresse on tv.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 9, 2016

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Awful and classless for reals, and that magazine cover is also the very unfunny.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Torrannor posted:

I will stop watching the national team if Mehmet loving Scholl gets anywhere near the manager post. I nearly have to vomit every time I see his Hackfresse on tv.

This but Klopp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006
At least I won that kicktipp round :colbert:

• Locked thread