Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

PBS Newshour posted:

do you know what does walking dead better than walking dead?

yeah, that is an archie comic. jughead's dog gets run over by reggie and dies. jughead can't take it so he brings it to sabrina the teenage witch asking her to bring the dog back to life. she does, the dog comes back wrong, bites jughead, and he starts infecting everybody.

the comic is played completely straight, has better characterization than the walking dead, and way way better art

here is archie killing his dad with a shovel

there is stuff with dogs in it that made me cry

I was ready for an ironic post but drat that last panel is better than anything TWD ever did in the comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the pilot was funny and the girl is fine

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Preacher will suck until the Saint of Killers spinoff miniseries gets made.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah, adapting Preacher was always going to be kind of tricky, because in comics you can just sort of get away with more...outlandish things...than you really can in real life. At least they are putting effort into giving this adaptation it's own identity, but by the end of the Pilot, I didn't feel like they got the "mood" that Preacher has. Which is a real shame because they even got the great Willie Nelson version of "It Was the Time of the Preacher" for the start.

Maybe the second episode will be easier to enjoy now that I've already gotten gobsmacked by all the changes.

To be fair, Cassidy already made a joke about priests molesting kids.

I thought the sequence with arts and crafts was one of the funniest parts of it so far. You know at the end that the little girl's going to grow up and burn her boyfriend's house down when she catches him cheating on her, and he'll never see it coming.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Pvt.Scott posted:

Preacher will suck until the Saint of Killers spinoff miniseries gets made.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm starting to dig it. It still feels a bit cringy doing the whole, "Shucks, gotta help out this town full of misfits!" thing but I'm interested in the characters, I like Jesse and Cassidy and the Church scene was great and funny.

Also the Saint scene at the beginign was loving awesome.

It's not the comic Preacher and it was never going to be but the bromance between Jesse and Cass is there and that's the heart of the books anyway.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

criscodisco posted:

I thought it was pretty good, but I never read or knew about our heard of the comic strip because I'm an adult. The guy who plays the preacher is pretty sexy.

Dude looks kinda like a young Jonathan Frakes.

I have also never been more aroused watching a woman insert an ear of corn into a man.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

Ruth Negga is the bomb.

JiveHonky posted:

Ruth Negga is the bomb.

JiveHonky posted:

Ruth Negga is the bomb.

JiveHonky posted:

Ruth Negga is the bomb.

JiveHonky posted:

Ruth Negga is the bomb.

JiveHonky posted:

Ruth Negga is the bomb.

She's so good

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
It's obvious her Da' was a mad survivalist instead of just a hunter who raised her like a boy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i thought this might have been a spinoff of the jack reacher series 'mac preacher'

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Joe Gilgun and Ruth Negga were in Misfits.

my favourite scene so far :

{SPOILER ALERT} the bit where Cassidy is in the church with the two guys

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dominic Cooper and Ruth Nega play a King and Queen in the absolutely awful Warcraft film that just came out. Cooper totally phones it in and Nega has about one minute of total screen time.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dominic Cooper and Ruth Nega play a King and Queen in the absolutely awful Warcraft film that just came out. Cooper totally phones it in and Nega has about one minute of total screen time.

I bet that the Ratchet and Clank movie that nobody noticed the release of was the best movie of the year despite being a video game movie. Never got a chance to see it though. Got pulled pretty quick.

So many dorks I know are so stoked for the Warcraft movie and I'm just like ?????

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Drunken Baker posted:

It's not the comic Preacher and it was never going to be but the bromance between Jesse and Cass is there and that's the heart of the books anyway.

Well, I'm not sure I'd really call it a bromance by the end...

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
i put this on this but didn't pay any attention because it's one of those dumb shows that sets the dialogue volume to 1% and sound FX to 100% and gently caress getting my ears blasted just so i can hear their loving mumbling

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Cassidy is a vampire

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout posted:

Cassidy is a vampire

The sequence in the airplane was really baffling and weird but my favorite part of that episode may have been the guy drizzling holy water on Cassidy to absolutely no effect.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well, I'm not sure I'd really call it a bromance by the end...

It's a bromance that turns into a third revenge plot by the halfway point

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MrQwerty posted:

It's a bromance that turns into a third revenge plot by the halfway point

I do like the way the comic ends. That particular showdown is really interesting, because you'd really think that of all his fights, this would be the one that gives Jesse trouble. He's a Marty Stu but it's a great fight, Jesse using brains to overcome superior brawn. Blinding Cassidy was especially neat I thought, given that his eyes were a big mystery and character feature.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Fuckin' thing sucked.

I mean, it was kinda okay at parts but it was like a fuckin' Looney Tunes cartoon or some poo poo. Tonally it was flip flopping so violently I thought my neck was going to snap off. Jesse's actor mumbles everything, Tulip makes no sense, Cassidy's okay.

seth rogan stop ruining comic book franchises you fat gently caress

Preacher was dope and deserved better. Only good part was Arseface's mask thingy looks right.

I wanna see what seth Rogan does with Sandman

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Why isn't this in Tviv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

Why isn't this in Tviv

Would YOU go into TVIV?