Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should the Cena/New Day alliance be called?
Rappad-O's
The 8-Bit Bros
GI Joe & My Little Pony Unicorns
The White Guy is The Rapper
View Results

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

Mascara Dorada had been wrestling with CMLL recently and him changing names and jumping to WWE is kinda interesting

also he just dropped his title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

also he just dropped his title

Did he even have any successful defenses? He won it at Fanasticamania, so that's pretty drat short for a CMLL run...

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Minidust posted:

Wait but was the original Lawler quote that they were doing 2 PPVs each month or just that they were having brand-specific PPVs again? Do we know that it's not just like the last split where they rotated off the existing PPV schedule?

There was no quote, it was just "this guy says Lawler said it". That's the only source on this.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hopefully ZSJ is eliminated in the first round so I don't have to watch him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also Let's Go Tozawa.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Tajiri though

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

if i dont see a two color Mist outta tajiri then the whole thing's a waste of time

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Tajiri though

Tajiri/Tozawa would be a sick match.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gavok posted:

I notice Lince Dorado's in there.

Fitting that WWE would bring in the Roman Reigns of Chikara.

Hey, they at least never put a belt on Lince.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

KOT winner sort of counts. You get a medal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TAJIRI! :neckbeard:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

bradzilla posted:

That was the run where Orton got pinned clean by Kofi Kingston, who was a Zack Ryder-level jobber at the time. Orton's run was pretty much utter garbage except for EC and WM matches.
I know we throw around the term "jobber" like jobbers get thrown around by the Big Dog, but the Orton/Kofi feud was in the fall of 2009, not long after he dropped the US title which he successfully defended on PPV and he beat Jericho clean on TV. You could go "who did he beat in these PPV matches, jobber-rear end job geek motherfuckers like Carlito and Regal and Matt Hardy and Chris Masters and Miz and assorted other pieces of jobber poo poo?" and sure, they're all jobbers. But they're not Zack Ryder level jobbers. Don't be cruel to Broken Matt. Kofi was getting screen time and angles consistently throughout 2008 and 2009, which is more than Ryder's gotten ever outside of that Kane/Eva/Cena thing he played fourth wheel in.

Oh wow, I forgot all about that 2014 match. Never mind.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 13, 2016

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

I know we throw around the term "jobber" like jobbers get thrown around by the Big Dog, but the Orton/Kofi feud was in the fall of 2009, not long after he dropped the US title which he successfully defended on PPV and he beat Jericho clean on TV. You could go "who did he beat in these PPV matches, jobber-rear end job geek motherfuckers like Carlito and Regal and Matt Hardy and Chris Masters and Miz and assorted other pieces of jobber poo poo?" and sure, they're all jobbers. But they're not Zack Ryder level jobbers. Don't be cruel to Broken Matt. Kofi was getting screen time and angles consistently throughout 2008 and 2009, which is more than Ryder's gotten ever outside of that Kane/Eva/Cena thing he played fourth wheel in.

He's talking about the time Kofi beat Randy in 2014 when Randy was WWE champ, during that time Kofi had barely been on tv

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WadeBartender posted:

He's talking about the time Kofi beat Randy in 2014 when Randy was WWE champ, during that time Kofi had barely been on tv

Yeah, that

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
If there's any justice in this world Kendrick will win and then go on to the main event run he should have gotten 10 years ago

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

triplexpac posted:

Happy to see Tyson Dux get a booking :unsmith:

I was just about to post this :hfive:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Flippinlikebirds posted:

If there's any justice in this world Kendrick will win and then go on to the main event run he should have gotten 10 years ago

He may be the man with the plan, but has he taken into account that Tajiri's running some kind of scheme? :ohdear:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

Did he even have any successful defenses? He won it at Fanasticamania, so that's pretty drat short for a CMLL run...

he defended the belt four times, such is the benefit of having one of cmll's favorite titles in a promotion that now has 4 shows a week to fill time on

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
This is the first I'm hearing of this, all these people are going to wrestle under WWE?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

He may be the man with the plan, but has he taken into account that Tajiri's running some kind of scheme? :ohdear:

What if they're in cahoots?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Sionistic posted:

This is the first I'm hearing of this, all these people are going to wrestle under WWE?

As part of a cruiserweight tournament on the network taped at NXT, yes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sionistic posted:

It's more of an NXT thing, but yeah.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Wouldn't shock me if they put the final on Takeover Brooklyn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

What if they're in cahoots?

That's just what Tajiri WANTS him to think!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/kingricochet/status/742472444921970688

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

That's just what Tajiri WANTS him to think!

Vintage Tajiri

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want Stone Cold AND William Regal to be in Tajiri's corner.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

None of you are mentioning the important fact that whilst Brian Kendrick may be competing, where is THE Brian Kendrick?

Also, do you remember that multi-man timed match where The Brian Kendrick was technically World Champion, untill HHH, (I think), stole it from him with only a minute or so to go?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You're a wise man, Tie-jeery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sticklefifer posted:

I want Stone Cold AND William Regal to be in Tajiri's corner.

Oh my God, we're guaranteed at least one Regal/Tajiri segment!

• Locked thread