Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Holy poo poo this is amazing work. Even the referee looks embarrassed.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Even worse, dada was hospitalized after with 'severe fatigue, dehydration, and renal failure' and suffered cardiac arrest twice.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/3/11155408/dada-5000-released-from-hospital-following-kimbo-slice-bout

Amazing. Dada looked like his training for that fight consisted solely of eating deep fried sticks of butter and making GBS threads 3hrs each day. smdh

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I just had a horrible vision. Like, imagine that one day, when you die, it turns out there really is an afterlife. And you're so elated and happy, because God is real and he's going to welcome you into his kingdom of eternal life and happiness. So you get to the gate, but St. Peter or whoever it is ain't there. So you just walk in, wanting to ask God what the meaning of life is- what was it all for?

But instead of seeing God sitting on his throne, you see fuckin Kimbo Slice with Jesus in a headlock and poo poo, just pounding away at his face. And he looks at you and shouts "THIS HOW A NIGGA EAT! ONLY ON SPIKE!" and just finishes beating the gently caress out of Jesus. I think I would have be very scared about staying in that place, at that point I'd probably just turn around and ask for directions to hell.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:ohdear:

Kimbo Slice was a piece of poo poo street brawler and basically proved to everyone that you need skill to fight, not just be a big roided out dude who fights in parking lots for 1 minute and nothing can go to the ground.

Even my MMA friends on FB were posting about his sad passing. I don't get it. Dana White wanted Kimbo just because he was internet famous and that man LOVES money. I think he only did 1 actual fight in the UFC before getting canned.

The greatest thing he contributed to MMA is showing everyone what not to do. So, RIP I guess.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:ohdear:

Kimbo Slice was a piece of poo poo street brawler and basically proved to everyone that you need skill to fight, not just be a big roided out dude who fights in parking lots for 1 minute and nothing can go to the ground.

Even my MMA friends on FB were posting about his sad passing. I don't get it. Dana White wanted Kimbo just because he was internet famous and that man LOVES money. I think he only did 1 actual fight in the UFC before getting canned.

The greatest thing he contributed to MMA is showing everyone what not to do. So, RIP I guess.

2 fights he went 1-1

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

JakeP posted:

2 fights he went 1-1

Ah, didn't realize that Ultimate Fighter one was televised with a crowd. Thought it was just on the show so I didn't count it.

Either way, he sucks. He's probably getting omoplata'd left and right in heaven right now. :allears:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ah, didn't realize that Ultimate Fighter one was televised with a crowd. Thought it was just on the show so I didn't count it.

Either way, he sucks. He's probably getting omoplata'd left and right in heaven right now. :allears:

I bet you got beat up a lot as a kid

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TBeats posted:

I bet you got beat up a lot as a kid

Only by my drunk father. :smith:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Is kslice your dad?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

youu think he smells bad? is that a racist thing or what? sphinxter!

Well he's dead. It probably doesn't smell great? I don't know.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

lol he is for sure

i liked kimbo as a personality but as a fighter he was at best hot garbage and at worst not a fighter at all

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I remember the intro to the fight he had with that little pink haired dude and as they were walking in they flashed their fighting styles and little man's said like "karate/judo" and Kimbo just said "BRAWLING". :laffo:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Being big and roidy doesn't make for an entertaining fight.

Robert Burneika, a clumsy bodybuilder vs a male stripper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_vCMljqxc

The stripper was disqualified for continuously running away.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if u pay for PPV of UFC then lmao so freaking hard

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

What's with all the fruit by the foot on his shoulders?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Ben Smash posted:

It's athletic tape for injuries

sorry you're fat and sedentary but watch ufc to make urself feel tuff

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
im sorry that was mean im cranky because im sore from the gym

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Uh, no that isn't. Not at all. It's in a specific and symmetrical pattern on each side, and what the gently caress kind of injury would electrical tape provide in those areas? To keep his arms attached to his shoulders?

Sorry if you go to a gym and lift heavy things to make you feel tuff

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

AugmentedVision posted:

It's athletic tape for injuries

sorry you're fat and sedentary but watch ufc to make urself feel tuff

That tape was clearly just for decoration. Unless he dislocated both shoulders and that tape was holding them in.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
yeah but clearly the man with the video game av (video games are for children LOL) wasn't even familiar with the concept of athletic tape, i am a huge prick

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

ok gentlemen whip em out

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Shameful that we didn't get the Kimbo Slice memoir.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

ok gentlemen whip em out

Do you want to see show or grow?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

The Sphinxster posted:

Do you want to see show or grow?

yeah

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Only by my drunk father. :smith:

I believe you.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I know what athletic tape is, jfc. It was a lot and multi colored so I think it was decoration. I already watch UFC and I go to the gym. No, I have nothing to prove to you.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Slice needed a heart transplant.
Not the kind of condition he should have been fighting in.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/7/11879704/kimbo-slice-told-he-needed-a-heart-transplant-before-he-passed-away

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ben Smash posted:

It's Kinesiotape (R)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ugh don't you know about the magnetic wrist bands that athletes crave

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
loving millenials. making a kimbo slice thread without some sweet kimbo slice knock outs...shameful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQX1i_H_3As

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbQspUA__68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhQkN5Gfh4o&t=30s

e: OP, put these videos in the op or close thread, you turd

PyPy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 10, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i dont watch ufc its for giant gaymos just like paying to go to a gym

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Who's going to take care of Kimbo's momma now? :ohdear:

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

I'm pretty sure you covered both reasons why Dana signed him: because he brought in hype, and because he wanted to make an example of him. TUF was a no-risk thing for White after Slice collapsed Elite XC; he gets both the YouTube fans wanting to watch him kick rear end and the MMA forum folks wanting to watch him lose, no strings attached. The fights after were probably one-off contracts.

So yeah, Dana got the best of both worlds - he has someone to point at the next time someone tries the YouTube fighting circuit, and he got new viewers. The only way Slice would have ever been a contender is if he starting toeing the UFC ground game line in which case Dana would have the "see? We made him into a *real* fighter." bragging rights.

Easy win-win for the bottom line. The fight quality was secondary.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That actually makes a lot of sense. He couldn't lose.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mariana Horchata posted:

float like a butterfly smell like a trashcan

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ben Smash posted:

James Harden wears that tape and watching him play basketball is basically like watching that fight.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

I really enjoyed this video, the stripper was really entertaining and made me feel very confused, and him being disqualified for a totally valid strategy was hilariously corrupt, it reminded me of a UFC fight with one of the Diaz brothers I watched where the other guy was constantly moving around, going in for a quick punch, then retreated. Diaz was enraged, but the fight went for three rounds and the other guy completely controlled the fight, sticking with his plan, and won.

Afterwards Diaz was a big baby and said the guy should have stood and fought him without moving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bip Roberts posted:

James Harden wears that tape and watching him play basketball is basically like watching that fight.

Wildly flailing and playing no defense?

• Locked thread