Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I'm not sure why, but seeing you fail at those puzzles was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Edit: Update at bottom of previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost

Maigius posted:

I'm not sure why, but seeing you fail at those puzzles was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

I think the worst/best part of it is that it was genuinely unintentional. I don't know what part of my brain equated "show off failure dialog" to "dude get shitfaced and then do puzzles", but it appears to have worked out for the best? :confuoot:

And as promised, another update, this time for the main story! Please enjoy part 13 as we close in on the final bit of the story at this little link right here. I believe we have three more operations before the end of the story...

Don't worry folks, the last story update certainly doesn't mark the end of the LP. For better or for worse, I have a lot of side content to commentate over. Plus the postgame X-Operations, which I have a plan for... Thanks for bearing with us during the absence, and thanks to everyone who's stickin' with the thread. I appreciate y'all!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
This is mankinds first sin. Man invented videogames to play and in turn was played by videogames.

Don't you see? Atlus hates you. gently caress you.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

This is mankinds first sin. Man invented videogames to play and in turn was played by videogames.

Don't you see? Atlus hates you. gently caress you.

I played Catherine and this checks out.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost

HardDiskD posted:

I played Catherine and this checks out.

Never did get around to playing that. Is everything Atlus touches evil? :negative:

The penultimate episode of the main story is here, ladies and gents. Part 14 is up right at this here link. It all comes to a close in a final storm of bullshit and agony. Rest assured, while this is the second-last story episode, we haven't reached peak anime yet! Still workin' away on some side videos as well - this thread isn't getting closed until I deliver on everything I set out to do. :toot:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

shibbotech posted:

Never did get around to playing that. Is everything Atlus touches evil? :negative:

Just watched the last two episodes of this LP and apparently yes! :suicide:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
An example of Atlus hating you in Catherine .

For non-japanese versions, Tower of Babel - the harder than hard mode/"Oh you want hard, we'll show you hard!" has a glitch for the final level that basically makes it impossible to win in single player. Japan got a patch, the rest of the world didn't and can gently caress off.

Also holy crap baby spiders.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

gently caress you if you have arachnophobia, apparently.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost

PhazonLink posted:

For non-japanese versions, Tower of Babel - the harder than hard mode/"Oh you want hard, we'll show you hard!" has a glitch for the final level that basically makes it impossible to win in single player. Japan got a patch, the rest of the world didn't and can gently caress off.

A.) Sounds like Atlus, doesn't really surprise me, still a sack of dicks to hear about.
B.) All the baby spiders. It gets worse

GeminiSun posted:

gently caress you if you have arachnophobia, apparently.

It's a bittersweet feeling. I'm not a huge fan of spiders, but on the other hand, incinerating anime bioterrorism spiders as they crawl around an innocent child's heart just feels so...rewarding, somehow.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost
Oh hey would you look at that, the epilogue is done! Part 15 is right here at this link!

We have a real nurse here this time. Seriously. I roped a medical professional in for this. Also, cut from recording: "Please stop hitting on my mom, thank you." -ManicVolcanic, 2016

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

shibbotech posted:

Also, cut from recording: "Please stop hitting on my mom, thank you." -ManicVolcanic, 2016

Also cut from the recording: my last name. Because Shibbo can't mentally give one person two distinct names.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost

ManicVolcanic posted:

Also cut from the recording: my last name. Because Shibbo can't mentally give one person two distinct names.

Your mom added me on Facebook and gave me first name privileges. You're lucky I went back to cut it at all. <3

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Derek has no hands and he must pentagram.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

PhazonLink posted:

An example of Atlus hating you in Catherine .

Someone actually managed to beat the glitched version. Somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCnrylaLUXM

So obviously you need to S rank all the X-missions.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost

HardDiskD posted:

Derek has no hands and he must pentagram.

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate Atlus since I began to operate. There are 387.44 million cases of GUILT per decade in wafer-thin folders that fill my filing cabinet. If the word "hate" was engraved on each skin cell of those hundreds of millions of patients it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for Atlus at this micro-instant for them. Hate. Hate.

golden bubble posted:

So obviously you need to S rank all the X-missions.

hahahahahahaha no no no no no no no maybe

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

shibbotech posted:

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate Atlus since I began to operate. There are 387.44 million cases of GUILT per decade in wafer-thin folders that fill my filing cabinet. If the word "hate" was engraved on each skin cell of those hundreds of millions of patients it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for Atlus at this micro-instant for them. Hate. Hate.

I know how that feels. "Catherine is pretty fun", they said. "The puzzles are tough but don't mind them too much because the story is pretty good", they said.

I'm never playing any Atlus game again.

By the way, have you shown any operations to MammaVolcanic? I wonder what she thinks of your SUI (suturing under influence) skills.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 2, 2016

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost

HardDiskD posted:

By the way, have you shown any operations to MammaVolcanic? I wonder what she thinks of your SUI (suturing under influence) skills.

She saw the first seven episodes, so no, I don't believe she saw DrunkShib operate. No update attached to this post, but a little notification of some upcoming things! I'm streaming for Extra Life next weekend (11/12-11/13, noon CST) - original plan was to go ahead with it this weekend, but my schedule got a bit full of work stuff and I'm a bit under the weather. Better late than never, imo. Got a few members on the team that'll be swapping out with me, and of course the public discord will be open for all to drop in and out at their leisure.

Secondly, I'm considering doing a stream this Sunday of just a best-effort speedrun through the game sometime in the afternoon in case anyone's interested! If you miss it, I'm sure it'll be ported to Youtube and linked in a post. I'm shooting to complete the game in under two and a half hours. Fingers crossed.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Oh geez, S-ranking all the X missions takes a LOT of doing.

I still remember my days with Pempti. Best of luck to you if you go for it.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost
oh hey I'm doing an Extra Life mishmash of games with goons and friends

donate money for the kids, live noon CST today through noon CST tomorrow

https://twitch.tv/shibbotech

will be a Trauma Center speedrun attempt at some point I'm sure, discord and donation links are in a panel on the page

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

Nap Ghost
Alright folks, I think y'all deserve an update. It's been a crazy past few weeks on my end, what with my headset charging cable catching fire half an inch from my face, work becoming crazy, moving to a proper city, a trip to Chicago that was more insane than intended, and my tongue currently attempting to detach itself from my jaw via a gaping hole caused by infection. The important information to draw from this is that the LP isn't dead and neither am I! I'm working on getting the X operations put together in the style of GUILT showcases, hopefully cut together to better display from a gameplay side of things how the operations become more fundamentally difficult, before culminating in a successful effort on the postgame operation.

I hope y'all have been well and that everyone has a happy holiday season. Much love from this shibbo to you. :toot:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

shibbotech posted:

Alright folks, I think y'all deserve an update. It's been a crazy past few weeks on my end, what with my headset charging cable catching fire half an inch from my face, work becoming crazy, moving to a proper city, a trip to Chicago that was more insane than intended, and my tongue currently attempting to detach itself from my jaw via a gaping hole caused by infection. The important information to draw from this is that the LP isn't dead and neither am I! I'm working on getting the X operations put together in the style of GUILT showcases, hopefully cut together to better display from a gameplay side of things how the operations become more fundamentally difficult, before culminating in a successful effort on the postgame operation.

I hope y'all have been well and that everyone has a happy holiday season. Much love from this shibbo to you. :toot:

:allbuttons:

That's certainly something.

Glad to hear you are ok.

Merry shibbomas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Sounds like you got infected from GUILT from your headphones.

You're going to have to self operate.

• Locked thread