Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rey won a very prestigious title tonight, gently caress yeah rey mysterio

https://twitter.com/joeyryanonline/status/742502106100174848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
You could make a pretty strong case for Rey being the greatest high flyer of all time, imo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ghidzilla posted:

You could make a pretty strong case for Rey being the greatest high flyer of all time, imo.

Well let's see if he meets the necessary criteria:

Is Rey Mysterio [X]

Yep, it all seems to add up!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rey is cool & good but not as cool & good as The Big Dog, The Guy, Roman Reigns, WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Endless Mike posted:

Rey is cool & good but not as cool & good as The Big Dog, The Guy, Roman Reigns, WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Rey became World Champion by winning the Royal Rumble and then beating Kurt Angle and Randy Orton in the same match, where as Big Dawg lost the Royal Rumble and merely beat Triple H, who has lost to both of those men. I think you'll also find that Rey's Pueblo is 619 is far better than the Roman Empire

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

Rey became World Champion by winning the Royal Rumble and then beating Kurt Angle and Randy Orton in the same match, where as Big Dawg lost the Royal Rumble and merely beat Triple H, who has lost to both of those men. I think you'll also find that Rey's Pueblo is 619 is far better than the Roman Empire

Actually if you look closely, you'll see that HHH is the Asskicker, the King of Kings, the Cerebral Assassin, the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events, & Creative of WWE. And Roman BEAT THAT.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Endless Mike posted:

Actually if you look closely, you'll see that HHH is the Asskicker, the King of Kings, the Cerebral Assassin, the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events, & Creative of WWE. And Roman BEAT THAT.

Yeah but he never won an Olympic Gold Medal with a Broken Freakin' Neck or Killed any Legends.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Yeah but he never won an Olympic Gold Medal with a Broken Freakin' Neck or Killed any Legends.

Kurt Angle and Randy Orton never hosed their way to the top of a company.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sanguinia posted:

Rey also eliminated HHH to win said rumble

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

rey won a very prestigious title tonight, gently caress yeah rey mysterio

https://twitter.com/joeyryanonline/status/742502106100174848

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/742753179863941120

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sanguinia posted:

I'm glad he got to keep that cool looking WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Title belt after the Last Nitro. Fun conversation piece for parties and such I bet.

went looking for that and lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Animal-Mother posted:

Lol it literally looks like the dumb poo poo you could tack onto a caw in the ps1 smackdown games

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Rey also eliminated HHH to win said rumble

The Rock didn't run out to help Rey either!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ghidzilla posted:

it him

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Animal-Mother posted:

shiksa posted:

Lol it literally looks like the dumb poo poo you could tack onto a caw in the ps1 smackdown games

People who hate eagles and silver highlights don't deserve their bad opinions because they hate America :colbert:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Jerusalem posted:

Well let's see if he meets the necessary criteria:

Is Rey Mysterio [X]

Yep, it all seems to add up!

I'm still bummed that we never got to see Rey mix it up with Dick Togo, Sasuke or any of the other MPro guys.

Actually that brings up a good question: What are some dream opponents you want to see him against now that he's popping up in random places like DDT? Preferrably ones he's never wrestled before.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Illinois Smith posted:

I'm still bummed that we never got to see Rey mix it up with Dick Togo, Sasuke or any of the other MPro guys.

Actually that brings up a good question: What are some dream opponents you want to see him against now that he's popping up in random places like DDT? Preferrably ones he's never wrestled before.

Seeing Rey in weird comedy matches will be fun in and of itself, but holy crap do I want to see him against Danshoku Dino.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rey vs Ospreay in this year's BOLA

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Rey and Eddie made it real cool to be Mexican when I was a kid. It helped beat back the racism felt from the media and politicians and from random people throughout.

:unsmith:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kevin Nash is cool and good.

Rey beat Kevin Nash that one time.

Therefore Rey is cooler and gooder than Kevin Nash.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There's no better professional wrestler than Rey Mysterio. #2 was Eddie.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I liked Rey in WCW but he was super stale when I watched WWE with my more casual wrestling fan friends around maybe 2007-2009ish, to the point that he was their absolute least favorite guy to watch. Maybe he's been good in recent years when not injured, though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Eddie was better. In every respect.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Except living of course, Rey has beaten him pretty badly here

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

achillesforever6 posted:

Except living of course, Rey has beaten him pretty badly here

Rey is better at taking lives too

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Eddie was not better at these things:

Having a cool mask
Superhero outfits
Backflip DDTs
BOOYAKA
Being Rey Mysterio, the great high-flyer of all time

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Having a cool mask
Superhero outfits
Backflip DDTs
BOOYAKA
Being Rey Mysterio, the great high-flyer of all time

Eddie only didn't do these things because he wanted to give the stepfather to his bastard son something to do for a living.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Having a cool mask

disagree

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BrigadierSensible posted:

Kevin Nash is cool and good.

Rey beat Kevin Nash that one time.

But Nash beat Rey a bunch of times!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Aye Doc posted:

disagree

Black Tiger IV is the best Black Tiger :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

But Nash beat Rey a bunch of times!

Nash begged Rey to join the nWo on the phone on a live Nitro and Rey turned him down :smug:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA

SILVER GUY

• Locked thread