Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
Problem description: Built a gaming PC about 3-4 years ago. It will run fine for weeks. Eventually when I turn my PC on it was show "no display." I cannot get past this and hard rebooting does nothing. Once in a while if I let it sit and come back to it it works just fine. However, this last time it did not work. If I restore Windows it will work again for a few weeks. The computer is booting just not showing a display.

Imgur cut off my images but you can see the LED issue here: http://imgur.com/a/XqUrn

What's weird is one of the LED on my GTX 780Ti will only be half lit. Not sure if this is an indicator and I cannot find information as to what these lights represent or if they're just for fun. It is odd and may be an issue though.

Attempted fixes: Using different display ports, running computer with just one video card or the other.

Recent changes: No. This has been going on since July and I took a break from PC gaming for half a year due to work and not wanting to deal with this issue.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64

System specs: EVGA P67 FTW Motherboard, Corsair RAM, GTX 780Ti Classified x2 (SLI), Corsair 1050W PSU, ASUS Xonar Soundcard, Intel i7k (no O/C), ASUS ROG G-Sync Monitor via Display Port

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try these steps in this order:

1. I'd use DDU https://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-driver-uninstaller-ddu- and then reinstall the latest video card drivers.

2. If that doesn't work I'd make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

3. Try a different monitor and/or video cables.

4. Try a different video card.

• Locked thread