Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Vomit Coffin.

Vomit Coffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Finally got around to jamming the last three albums. Have to say that Polygondwanaland might be the best of the bunch.

If this was some kind of ranking situation for the 2017 albums it would probably go:

1. Polygondwanaland
2. Murder of the Universe
3. Flying Microtonal Banana
4. Sketches of Brunswick East & Gumboot Soup (tied)*

*SoBE is a more cohesive album in tone and vibe, but the individual songs on GS are much stronger IMO.

Fight me.

Hello Man 2018
Mar 2, 2018

by Smythe
Get their stuff from independent labels that do vinyl. They release their stuff for free so anyone can press out a few LP's and most of them are awesome coloured splatter etc looking.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Hot dang, another album coming this year!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Hello Man 2018 posted:

Get their stuff from independent labels that do vinyl. They release their stuff for free so anyone can press out a few LP's and most of them are awesome coloured splatter etc looking.

Uh, they've only done that for one album, the others are done through their label and any third party pressings aren't legal

Hello Man 2018
Mar 2, 2018

by Smythe
genius

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Nuclear Fusion is so groovy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Oh wow I genuinely thought they were gonna take a break from recording this year. Those guys are crazy productive.

I definitely want to see them when they're in the area, apparently their live show is crazy good.

I will rank all the Gizz albums of last year now:
1. All of them.
2. None.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

I will rank all the Gizz albums of last year now:
1. All of them.
2. None.

:agreed:

I bought tickets when they're coming through Boston :bubblewoop:

But it's not until June :smith:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Fuckers are skipping DC this tour :mad:

I saw them last year at the 9:30 Club and they were amazing. I'd love to see them again but the closest stop is Philly and I can't justify the travel expenses.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I’m sad I got into them last year because the previous couple of years they would play one of the smaller clubs in the Twin Cities. Those shows had to be a loving blast. Now I have to wait for them to return and hope they don’t go too big a venue.

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

me your dad posted:

Fuckers are skipping DC this tour :mad:

I saw them last year at the 9:30 Club and they were amazing. I'd love to see them again but the closest stop is Philly and I can't justify the travel expenses.

I was at that show too, and their opening acts also killed - I assume Leah from Stonefield ended up being the narrator on Murder of the Universe? Either way, I feel ya on the distance thing - it's either Philly or the June 11th show in Asheville, NC, and last time getting back to the midlands of Virginia *after* the show on a Tuesday night murdered my universe the next day. They're already playing new songs in their tour though, and we got a proto-version of All Is Known in DC, so... ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn’t like any of last years albums much :(. Last ones I liked where quarters and nonogon. I should update thread tho

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I'm driving 13 hours to Vancouver as soon as the sun comes up to catch these guys on Tuesday. Anybody else gonna be :their:? :goshawk:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Saw them this past Thursday, and godDAMN. They are so fuckin tight live, it was impressive.

Non-music related highlight was someone threw a shoe up on stage, and briefly the main singer had the lights turned up and was yelling out "who's shoe is this?! yours?! show me your foot! I won't give it back till I see your foot!" so the owner of the shoe got lifted up so he could wave his shoeless foot around, haha.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
I saw someone post their Nonagon vinyl in the vinyl thread and I liked the "infinity" concept so much I added it to my amazon wishlist, with no prior knowledge of them, I also thought their name was fuckken RAD. My mom surprised me when she gave me the green splatter edition of Nonagon :3: and I swear that green vinyl has been played almost daily.

I'm still checking out their material, but I find myself listening to Nonagon, Banana and Death on repeat at work, while I work out and while I study, I'm just amazed at how good they are, and the amount of quality they have in each album, I'm probably gonna end up owning most of their LPs by the end of the year. The gizzverse also seems like a rabbit hole I'm not sure I want to climb into.

Well, thats my liz wiz story, keep on opening the door.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

PhantomPayne posted:

The gizzverse

liz wiz

:what:

Their name is bad enough without those nicknames being thrown around.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

PhantomPayne posted:

I'm probably gonna end up owning most of their LPs by the end of the year.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxwu7FYFSek

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

This is making me really regret skipping the Charlotte show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Flightless represses are up. I like the colors better than the ATO ones (assuming what is on Reddit is true.)

• Locked thread