Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

symbolic posted:

nice cop-out

Oh I'm sorry, what I meant was Saucerful of Secrets, because I am that hip and deep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Roylicious posted:

I find him okay at best but for whatever reason people love him so loving much and basically because I've heard Livin' On A Prayer 10,000 times before I hit 18 I can't stand it now.

Go do karaoke, it'll get played at least 3 times.

Yeah getting into karaoke is what cemented my hatred for that song. Also Picture by Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock, which seems to be a song a couple will do as some kinda personal romance thing that the audience just has to deal with until it's over. Before I just thought it was a garbage song that I would turn off when it came on the radio back in the day, now it's a top 10 least favorite song ever.

Living on a prayer serves it's purpose though. It's that song drunk people do that they know will get other drunk people excited and singing along. It sucks but that's people for you. Right up there with don't stop believing

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cartouche posted:

Oh I'm sorry, what I meant was Saucerful of Secrets, because I am that hip and deep.

No now you just are wrong

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

facebook jihad posted:

It's that song drunk people do that they know will get other drunk people excited and singing along.

I thought that was Bohemian Rhapsody

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

he might not make it back

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
as someone who loves karaoke, i feel as though requesting "livin on a prayer" "don't stop believin" or "bohemian rhapsody" should be punishable by death or at least caning

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
i'd say I don't spend a lot of energy actively disliking Bon Jovi which is the least amount of praise I can think of

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I didn't think I was a big fan until I checked my folders and realised I had 156 Bon Jovi songs

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I didn't think I was a big fan until I checked my folders and realised I had 156 Bon Jovi songs

looks like you got a little more than you bargained for, bon jovi-wise lol

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've never met that lady but she looks nice.

Look at her luscious hair, holy poo poo I would die for that.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gonna get a salad for lunch

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

YeahTubaMike posted:

as someone who loves karaoke, i feel as though requesting "livin on a prayer" "don't stop believin" or "bohemian rhapsody" should be punishable by death or at least caning

i think the worst one there is bohemian rhapsody because how the gently caress do you karaoke that once you hit the 'i see a little sillhouetto of a man' part??? like that's all double/triple/etc tracked vocals and other kinds of studio effects

anyway, runaway is an ok song, especially if ur driving, but beyond that nope. the worst song he did i think was that lovely-rear end country song with that one lady

WHO SAYS, U CAN'T GO BACK~~~~

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pitdragon posted:

I thought that was Bohemian Rhapsody

That's the song you want to do if you want to look like an rear end in a top hat. Others in this category include piano man and American pie

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

I saw them once. They were supported by Thunder, Ugly Kid Joe and Van Halen.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shin00bie posted:

They were supported by Van Halen.
i'm almost certain this is a crime

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

symbolic posted:

I almost certainly can't disagree.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
This is a song for the broken-hearted
A silent objection for the cuccked & retarded
I'll be just a face in the sweaty crowd
You wont hear my voice as my wife screams out loud

It's my wifeeeee
Gettin plowed in the beaver
Never knew she had that jungle fever
I dont wanna live I just wanna die

..... that's my wife.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

symbolic posted:

It was probably Van Hagar.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Kuato posted:

He was good in Young Guns II, but in all fairness everything was good about Young Guns II

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Bon Jovi the band or Bon Jovi the cat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG_NB2cQnGU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i recall actually liking "blaze of glory" but i havent listened to it in a while so not sure if i still do

imo for their genre and judged against their contemporaries at the time they kinda seemed like a bunch of squeaky clean pussies

• Locked thread