Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

its just occured to me that the entire premise of french lateness is retard

Bof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Pitdragon posted:

ugh clearly you did not see the episode wherein it is stated that Homer is hired due to Project Bootstrap, a government program which requires that the nuclear powerplant bring in unskilled workers, implemented by the Ford administration. UGH

op just demonstrated he's the retarded one in this thread. what a sack of poo poo

owned zone population: THE DOG HOUSE

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
If they are supposed to be people why do they only have a thumb and 3 fingers

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Why is bart and lisa's hair made of skin

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Hey OP, putting a drunk at the helm of a nuclear plant creates a comical situation. The humor might not be immediately apparent, as it took you about 20 years to figure out the irony of the situation, but the Simpsons is referred to as a situational comedy, where the humor originates from the absurdity of situations the characters are put in to.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
why isnt barts name Bort?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Hot Karl Marx posted:

why isnt barts name Bort?

Too common of a name

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
True, my brother is named Bort

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I heard that the church loves the Simpsons because it's one of the only (maybe the only?) shows/sitcoms that portray a family regularly attending church services.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
When the Simpsons came out my overly religious babysitter thought it was the demon's work. I remember a lot of HUB-BUB and controversy over how it was a cartoon, but they were saying and doing rude things and Bart says "drat" on his new single "the bart song"

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Sintax posted:

When the Simpsons came out my overly religious babysitter thought it was the demon's work. I remember a lot of HUB-BUB and controversy over how it was a cartoon, but they were saying and doing rude things and Bart says "drat" on his new single "the bart song"

the times they are a changin

My mom thought that too, that's why I thought it was ironic that some church group endorsed it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OP: "how can person in position of importance be a drunk?!"

lol

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Aye carumba!

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Why hasn't Milhouse pulled an Eliot roger yet?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Homer's hair is just a bunch of lines and not even attached to his head I mean WTF./

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
How come if Homer is a man two of his kids are girls?? How does that make sense? Do you think they came after Marge had an affair with a woman?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

never been proven that maggie lisa and marge are females

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
drinking a shitload of beer doesn't make you an alcoholic

madd constantly redefines how many drinks is too much forever downward because once the agenda your organization was founded for is fulfilled there's nowhere to go but down

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

dethkon posted:

I heard that the church loves the Simpsons because it's one of the only (maybe the only?) shows/sitcoms that portray a family regularly attending church services.

Back when I was a teenager who worked at burger king, there were a bunch of church groups protesting burger king for having simpsons cups and kids meal toys.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Old Man Pants posted:

Back when I was a teenager who worked at burger king, there were a bunch of church groups protesting burger king for having simpsons cups and kids meal toys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov1SOhwfbys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

why would homer simpson, a dangerous alcoholic idiot, be allowed to work with FUEL RODS in a NUCLEAR REACTOR?

list other bullshit ITT that pisses you off

Unions

• Locked thread