Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Huh, mormonism die out again? Those dudes sure seem to fade out quickly once a great power reaches them, whether it's the Emperor, the Consumerists or hell, even the Gaians if they manage to not get eaten by the Haida.

Wasatch is Mormon and owns enough land to form Deseret, but haven't yet. At one point the heir to Western Slope was Mormon too, but I'll have to check whether or not he converted to Neo-Gnostic or not (they form Big Sky eventually). The only religion truly going extinct is Americanism right now. Starting next to the HCE is bad news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Clayren posted:

Wasatch is Mormon and owns enough land to form Deseret, but haven't yet. At one point the heir to Western Slope was Mormon too, but I'll have to check whether or not he converted to Neo-Gnostic or not (they form Big Sky eventually). The only religion truly going extinct is Americanism right now. Starting next to the HCE is bad news.
Americanism dying out is really irritating because it's rather simple to beat the odds as pretty much any of their "tough" starts; being able to prepare invasions and having your own holy order from game start is pretty great. The Airmen Empire, the Stinsons unifying the middle and even the Empire of the Mouse are all pretty simple if you handle things right, but the computer just seems content to sit there and slowly get eaten up and they don't have any uprising events like consumerism or liberation revolts. (In fact, the game is kinda made worse for lacking those in particular, what with how rebellion mechanics have changed)

This on top of their crusade equivalent triggering super late. I've never even played long enough to have it trigger; I only read about in the game files.

On the other hand, they also have the most OP heresy ever; Libertarianism is insane, all the benefits of being whatever they called the amish, with the added benefit of being able to prepare invasions. Being President also is suprisingly meh, about the only thing that's really fun is being able to excommunicate whoever gets uppity with you. You do get the joys of hassashin events though; nothing like getting your new husbands head in a basket for some baffling reason.

Any idea why Wasatch doesn't form it? The same problem as with the Occultists? (I.e. they're a theocracy?)

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
That Haida...state is horrifying.
What's going on with Big Sky? Are they eating the Empire?

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
All hail the wolf reborn! High hopes for our half Asian future monarchs, and even higher for Narcissa, Warrior Princess.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is this still alive? I really want it to be.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vinny Possum posted:

Is this still alive? I really want it to be.

Its been less than a week. I wouldn't worry.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
I've done the next couple of updates and will upload at least one of them next week, but at the moment I'm moving and will be too busy to get anything up. I'm also starting a new job soon, so updates will be less frequent soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Well I was hoping to post the next update this long weekend, but I got too busy. I think I'll close this thread until (or if) I can find the time to post again, really busy with the new school year and all. Sorry, folks!

• Locked thread