Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

vols bitch posted:

uhhh that isnt walkin on water :confused:

I'm floating in outer space right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

wow he built a dock holy loving poo poo stop the goddamn presses nothing like this has ever been done before i'm going to travel thousands of miles just to witness this once in a lifetime marvel

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

lick my unwashed rear end in a top hat, op

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

wow he built a dock holy loving poo poo stop the goddamn presses nothing like this has ever been done before i'm going to travel thousands of miles just to witness this once in a lifetime marvel

a three kilometer dock. it's like if someone had a seventeen foot penis; yeah, there's billions of penises in the world, but none of them are seventeen foot.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

oh it's like a world's largest ball of twine deal

magnificent art

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I like the art because it is good

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

I like the art because it is good

hell yes this is what im talkin about!!!!!!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

when it gets wet it changes color from orange to a slightly darker orange

*pisses pants*

ahhhh, i love too make art

naem
May 29, 2011

There is popular culture which produces popular art, such as six flags amusement park or Katy Perry's latest album

Then there is fine art, which attempts to be purely intellectual and has no ulterior motives beyond being a pure art experience

Also it's not black and white it's usually shades of grey on a spectrum

One could argue that Michelangelo's Sistine chapel wasn't a pure work of art because it had the ulterior motive of being propaganda for the Catholic Church

Someone could place a series of stainless steel cubes in a well lit gallery space and announce it as pure art and people could come argue with each other about it and sip little paper cups of wine and then solicit donations from bored wealthy people to get paid for it

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Mama Mia that's a spicy meat-a-ball!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Lowtax is art.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

naem posted:

There is popular culture which produces popular art, such as six flags amusement park or Katy Perry's latest album

Then there is fine art, which attempts to be purely intellectual and has no ulterior motives beyond being a pure art experience

Also it's not black and white it's usually shades of grey on a spectrum

One could argue that Michelangelo's Sistine chapel wasn't a pure work of art because it had the ulterior motive of being propaganda for the Catholic Church

Someone could place a series of stainless steel cubes in a well lit gallery space and announce it as pure art and people could come argue with each other about it and sip little paper cups of wine and then solicit donations from bored wealthy people to get paid for it

speaking of being on a spectrum

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
christo had his chance to make the world's longest slip n slide and goddamn he blew it :mad

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

cult_hero posted:

Cristo is the worst supervillain ever. Every plan is like "I am going to cover this portion of the earth with a colorful fabric/vinyl and charge the local government millions of dollars to do so".

Everyone knows his ultimate plan is to completely smother the earth in a saffron colored tarp.

And his crazy schemes have only ever killed, like, one person. Amateur.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Buying my ticket now, OP, thanks for the tip!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Germstore posted:

holy lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fargo Fukes posted:

it's no piss christ

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Germstore posted:

naem
May 29, 2011

That was the accurate academic description of popular versus fine art I gave which you were all discussing incorrectly so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

naem posted:

That was the accurate academic description of popular versus fine art I gave which you were all discussing incorrectly so

poor son of a bitch doesn't even know he's dead

• Locked thread