Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Revenants Return posted:

Oh I forgot you need your fingerprint taken And ID scanned to buy a butter knife and you can be arrested for carrying it home and get like 3 years in jail lol.

I am on the "butter knife watchlist" which means I can't buy anything resembling a knife and have to use spoons to spread butter on all my toast. I also use spoons to cut my steak.

It sucks major rear end but I know it's making our country safer. God save the Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Roylicious posted:

But you people destroyed India. Look up who brought the caste system and all that bullshit back into vogue there 200 years after it was basically died out, it was the British colonialists. They wanted to re-create a traditional 'authentic' Indian power structure so as to better exploit them.

And you hosed up Africa and the Middle East as well.

I've been meaning to point out I'm actually American, not British but whatever.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I sure wish I lived in a country where all an aspiring mass murderer needs in order to aquire a high powered assault rifle is an expired bus pass and moms credit card.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
is it just me or is the word 'brexit' perhaps the most annoying ever created? it sounds like some sort of disgusting breakfast cereal

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

is it just me or is the word 'brexit' perhaps the most annoying ever created? it sounds like some sort of disgusting breakfast cereal
It's great news for people in favour of a Quebexit, okay news for a Basquexit and no good at all for a Cataloni'exit(???)

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

KM Scorchio posted:

I sure wish I lived in a country where all an aspiring mass murderer needs in order to aquire a high powered assault rifle is an expired bus pass and moms credit card.

Have plans, do you?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Applewhite posted:

I've been meaning to point out I'm actually American, not British but whatever.

Not anymore you're British now buddy.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene

jBrereton posted:

It's great news for people in favour of a Quebexit, okay news for a Basquexit and no good at all for a Cataloni'exit(???)

gently caress you

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

jBrereton posted:

Catalonia, more like Cata-gone-ia, amirite?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Roylicious posted:

I mean you were the largest empire in history technically I suppose but you also hosed the world over but good and we still have to deal with the consequences of limey assholery today.

At least the Romans left us something cool like architecture and systems of government. The French gave us cuisine, the Spanish gave us Latinas... In the end what did the Brits contribute? The chip?

Gordon Ramsay.

Also Piers Morgan.....hahahahahaha...I am sorry for this one :(

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Maoist Pussy posted:

Have plans, do you?

No need. Over here if we want to make a violent political statement we just wait until our local MP cycles past and heave half a brick at 'em.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

KM Scorchio posted:

a shitload of "hunting rifles" use the same caliber ammo as "assault rifles"

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I guess the Brits do have some really funny dry/dark self deprecating humor they probably wouldn't have had if they weren't on the heights once.

So you know... India/Africa but Monty Python idk

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spud posted:

Gordon Ramsay.

Also Piers Morgan.....hahahahahaha...I am sorry for this one :(

Hey, you guys raised him for, what, 50+ years? It took us like one to kick his dumb rear end back out

a retard posted:

a shitload of "hunting rifles" use the same caliber ammo as "assault rifles"

don't even bother dude, he's british. there's nothing to prove there. it would be more hurtful to talk about how most of those guns are made in the USA and how even poor people can easily afford several of them. just like how you can buy a 500 hp sports car for the price of a nicer family sedan or pickup truck.

and to top it off our rate of violent crime for boring white people is actually lower than in the uk.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Roylicious posted:

I guess the Brits do have some really funny dry/dark self deprecating humor they probably wouldn't have had if they weren't on the heights once.

So you know... India/Africa but Monty Python idk

i thought the humor was because of their harsh class system which created grinding poverty and misery for their poor even when they ruled half the earth's surface. or maybe its just the weather.

life in america makes americans optimists

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Mange Mite posted:

life in america makes americans optimists

True

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

and to top it off our rate of violent crime for boring white people is actually lower than in the uk.
this is actually because the UK definition of violent crime is ridiculously broad. Actual physical assault/rape/murder rates are lower across the board

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this is actually because the UK definition of violent crime is ridiculously broad. Actual physical assault/rape/murder rates are lower across the board

In the UK cutting in line is considered a violent crime.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've been in a Chicago alley knife fight. Would that give me tons of street cred in England?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Not if you separate out middle class white people

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've been in a Chicago alley knife fight. Would that give me tons of street cred in England?

No because knife crime is considered a normal experience there, encountered by anyone who goes out regularly on weekends

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

RobattoJesus posted:

In the UK cutting in line is considered a violent crime.

This is closer to the truth than you probably think (UK lawyer here)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
One thing I've noticed over the years is that it's really easy to pick out an English person in a crowd. It must be the physical cues like the recessed jaws and animalistic/lizard-like faces or something. I used to have an English tutor in elementary school who was a lady from England (she drove a VW Cabriolet) and I kind of wandered how hosed up England was if she decided to settle down in some dead-rear end American small town.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Just moved to london: can confirm

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

bitmap posted:

Just moved to london: can confirm

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

so are these actual british celebrities or is that the joke

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

poor toads in that hole

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Mange Mite posted:

so are these actual british celebrities or is that the joke

Stephen Fry: QI where he has people from Top Gear like Jeremy Clarkson on
Jeremy Clarkson: Top Gear Presenter
Gordon Ramsay: Went on Top Gear once
Billie Piper: Was married to the new host of Top Gear
Jonathan Ross: Went on Top Gear once
Gordon Brown: Was prime minister, only celebrity in Britain who hasn't been on Top Gear
James May: Top Gear Presenter

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Revenants Return posted:

and eats gross food and gets paddled by schoolmarms in boarding schools and an entire wealthy family will live in like a 20 by 20 foot apartment with a barely functional toilet and have a single compact car which has the steering wheel on the wrong side and a manual transmission . Unbelievable. Open public yards or "national parks" are unheard of, as is any private yard larger than a postage stamp. Can britgoons confirm?

im sorry, ENGLAND is a wonderful place that is very elegant and posh and unlike dirty places like america they have CULTURE and STYLE things you other dumb english speakers wouldnt know anything about. their tv is better, their movies are better, their country looks better. have u ever seen dr who???

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nigga crab pollock posted:

im sorry, ENGLAND is a wonderful place that is very elegant and posh and unlike dirty places like america they have CULTURE and STYLE things you other dumb english speakers wouldnt know anything about. their tv is better, their movies are better, their country looks better. have u ever seen dr who???

according to dr who most of britain is made up of either tiny row houses or abandoned industrial parks. which is, i beleive, entirely accurate.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Brutal

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
wos dis fred all about den fam

is you talkin poo poo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

http://www.callyournan.com/

this is an actual website re tomorrows eu referendum

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Why would we give a gently caress about a few flyblown farmers (with an expensive habit of starting poo poo with their neighbours and then asking for protection) when we could have India instead?

Yeah it took a while to build up a merchant navy but we've dabbled in imperialism too i daresay we do it better I think americans and brits fought together for the first time on purpose to piss on the chinese right?

Epic Revanent
Jul 12, 2016

by Shine
Good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hemophilia posted:

Yeah it took a while to build up a merchant navy but we've dabbled in imperialism too i daresay we do it better I think americans and brits fought together for the first time on purpose to piss on the chinese right?

Now the brits grovel for China how hilarious

• Locked thread