Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
This is a thread for discussing computer games (as distinguished from shopping for and collecting them, hardware/peripherals/non-game but game-related products including but not limited to the written word, industry websites or personalities, emulation, the video game business and larger cultural & market factors that determine its direction). No GameFAQs stuff please.

I've been playing a little of the Last Express, it's incredible. There's a little cinematic and then you're on your own with no immediate objective, trying to play the role of a character in a mystery movie you've never seen before. You can always rewind (and look ahead to the next deadline) and you'll need to if you want to see what off-screen characters are doing while you & the camera need to be someplace else. I'm filling up a lot of scratch paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Kissinger
May 17, 2016

by Shine
I preferred mainframe gaming, myself. Ideally with dozens of RAND Corporation operators rushing around, pushing paper, and drinking coffee long into the night.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Never heard of it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I still have a special place in my heart for games where you build cities.

Someday, I'll finance a game where you rescue slaves/guide exiles to a land and built an empire, in a kind of mix between Shadow of Mordor and Banished.

Until then, Dungeon Keeper.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I've been playing a little of the Last Express, it's incredible. There's a little cinematic and then you're on your own with no immediate objective, trying to play the role of a character in a mystery movie you've never seen before. You can always rewind (and look ahead to the next deadline) and you'll need to if you want to see what off-screen characters are doing while you & the camera need to be someplace else. I'm filling up a lot of scratch paper.
It's very good, definitely one of the better of the 90s cinematic point-and-click games.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

WarpedNaba posted:

Someday, I'll finance a game where you rescue slaves/guide exiles to a land and built an empire, in a kind of mix between Shadow of Mordor and Banished.

Exodus, the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Basically, yeah. But in a high-fantasy kind of thing.

• Locked thread