Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shaman/Snowbird: B
Sasquatch: D
Puck/Canuck: Call up Wendigo cause this is obviously all his fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh my god, the writing. :allears: How much of this is module and how much of this is you?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Let's see... Module parts are Simon getting mauled in the park and stuck in the ICU, the hydroelectric dam being the big plot point so far, the Cat Lady Haunted Manor, and most of the chunk of text that kid just spouted.

Deft and accurate characterization of Alpha Flight members and contacts, intimate knowledge of 80s Canadian society,* and smooth shoehorning in of Captain Canuck are all on me.

* I mean, I used to watch this all the time as a kid, so I think I know what I'm doing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
##vote
1. B
2. C
3. Wait for donut

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Rarity posted:

Shaman/Snowbird: B
Sasquatch: D
Puck/Canuck: Call up Wendigo cause this is obviously all his fault

##vote
1. A
2. C
3. Plan Rarity

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

##vote
1. A
2. C
3. A
Search the park more thoroughly

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Votes counted, let's see what lies in store for Alpha Flight! Split vote on the first one, so let's do both winning options.

Shaman and Snowbird

Shaman pats Jamie's head.

"Don't worry, we'll check on your friend. Snowbird, let's do this quietly---"
"Mama bear is coming, Ronnie! Hyaaaa

Snowbird transforms into a hulking polar bear and leaps through the boarded windows, crashing noisily into the manor, then lumbers down the hallway.

Cool! Ron just went through the front door, though, 'cause it wasn't locked.

Shaman shakes his head and tries to remember why he gave up a lucrative surgery practice in Ottawa for a volunteer superhero gig. Shrugging, he opens the door and languidly enters Harris Manor. The interior consists of a great staircase running the entire northern wall, leading up to a balcony on the second floor---oh hey, what's this?

The kid was right, this house is haunted. The ghost lady looks down at Shaman, then floats along the balcony and disappears down a hallway. None of this fazes Shaman in the least. He's used to this kind of thing, after all. He moves past the foyer into the living room, his nostrils full of mildew and dust, and noting the rotting carpet and dilapidated furniture. This place once may have been a small mansion, but it's a giant hovel now. Arched doorways open on opposite ends of the room, one of which has been battered down (presumably by Snowbird).

Meanwhile, Snowbird charges through the manor, breaking furniture and drywall. Her keen ursine senses pick up something wrong and she breaks down a door to see what. She sees an oak table (in oddly good repair), chairs, and---empty pizza boxes and Chinese delivery cartons? Then something even more surprising hits her. Literally.

Surprise attack by Sabertooth! His claws tear deeply into Snowbird, who responds by whacking him with her giant bear's paw. She roars both in anger and pain... Sabertooth hit her hard and he hardly seems to have felt her return blow.
She whiffed this. Hard. But luckily for her, the Marvel Super Heroes RPG has something called Karma: every character has a pool they can spend to bump up a roll result. We burned a fair bit of Karma.

And then her luck gets worse. Sabertooth has a buddy! He comes running in, eager to join the fun.

Sasquatch, Captain Canuck, and Puck

Meanwhile, the rest of Alpha Flight has a different battle to fight: that of rumbling stomachs and the realization that tea just can't beat coffee as a caffeination delivery system. Captain Canuck pokes his head out of the office main door and calls out to Sasquatch.

"You have a new assignment! Take this Tim Horton's loyalty card and this ten dollar bill! We are going to wage war on hunger."
"Can do, Captain!"

Sasquatch squats low, then leaps mightily into the air and onto concrete a block later, causing a fair amount of property damage but looking really cool. He walks into the Tim Horton's and the line scrambles in terror out of his way. With a shrug, he bounds to the counter and slaps down money and loyalty card.

"A box teeming with doughnuts! Maple, chocolate, and two of those cheerful sprinkled ones. And a carton of coffee."

With manic efficiency, the frightened Timmy Ho employees stuff a box full of doughnuts and fill several cartons of coffee. Sasquatch cheerfully exits and leaps back to the office building. He strolls in, realizing belatedly he forgot to get his change.

:siren: Votes are open till 9 PM PST July 6th! :siren:

1. Shaman
A. Go find out what all the commotion is about in the dining room is all about.
B. Summon a defensive item from your pouch first (what? default is blinding powder).
C. Summon a weapon from your pouch first (what? default is a staff).
D. Summon something else from your pouch.
E. Continue exploring downstairs.
F. Continue exploring upstairs.
G. Look for a phone and call your teammates.
H. Something else.

2. Snowbird
A. Remain in polar bear form and attack Sabertooth.
B.Remain in polar bear form and attack Constrictor.
C. Transform into an albino moose and ram Sabertooth.
D. Transform into an albino moose and ram Constrictor.
E. Transform into cloud of mosquitoes and annoy both of them.
F. Transform into an orca like a drat fool.
G. Try to retreat.
H. Something else.

3. The Other Ones
A. Share doughnuts and coffee with Hudson and Cody.
B. Enjoy doughnuts and coffee without sharing and go on about how good they are.
C. Enjoy doughnuts and coffee without sharing and silently stare at Hudson and Cody.
D. Realize Sasquatch is gluten-free and have him sulk in the corner.
E. Realize Sasquatch is gluten-free and crush the box of doughnuts in bestial rage.
F. Decide to check up on Shaman and Snowbird.
G. Something else.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shaman: B
Snowbird: F
Others: E

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
1. C, A Traditional Canadian Shotgun
2. B
3. A then F

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

1. DE: summon a donut and coffee before braving the ghastly domain of the spirit with a full stomach.
2.E. Except KILLER BEES
3. B :wotwot:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A
G
C

With G being Wait for him to pull us close before taking the form of an albino narwhale and skewering the fucker.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
No clear winning votes, so we are in :siren: sudden death overtime. :siren: First choice to be two or more for a given option takes it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

1. A
2. E
3. B

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
1. G
2. E
3. A then F

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I probably should close this thread out, but you know what, here's one more vote I'll leave open till whenever I feel like closing it tomorrow night.

A) Finish out the fight to truly drive home how much Snowbird and Shaman depend on Sasquatch and Puck to keep from getting mauled by Sabretooth and Constrictor
B) Finish out the chapter and see if Jamie's idiot friend is okay; also why Sabretooth and Constrictor are squatting in this quaint suburban mamor to begin with
C) Just close the thread already and move onto something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

D. A casual debate between Sasquatch, Captain Canuck, and Puck about the unique flavor of their favorite donuts and the proper way to enjoy it.

• Locked thread