Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

i dropped my god drat phone while loving with it and cycling at the same time. next thing I try to destroy better be under $40 and wrapped in enough silicone to bounce back into my wee pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hey, sensible choice. 3/5.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
what is that

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

whats the biggest bike ride you have done OP i did 272 km one time

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

whats the biggest bike ride you have done OP i did 272 km one time

your mom, she was 1200 kg i believe

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mein Eyes! posted:

i dropped my god drat dildo while loving with it and cycling at the same time. next thing I try to destroy better be under $40 and wrapped in enough silicone to bounce back into my wee anus.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
272 km is a lot, I don't think I've done more than 120 in a day. I just got back today from a three day tour of the Chilterns, 135 miles over three days (50, 50, 35), though that included 8,000 feet of climbing

which was loving lovely without a phone or music, ok not lovely but i wish I hadn't spiked my phone in the rain

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
numberoneposter and mein eyes, post quads

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i did the 272 with people so i didnt go crazy

last big solo ride i did was 160 km and i kind of went a bit crazy coming back into town even while listening to music

all boiler room sets

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
sometimes i ride my bmx bike with mismatched rims to the liquor store (2 blocks)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

lol

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

numberoneposter and mein eyes, post quads

sadly i don't have the big defined ropey quads i see on the old guys who have been doing this for forty years, i just got into realish cycling about a year ago

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Last time I tried to ride a bicycle I fell off and vomited. I am in terrible shape :(

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Just buy a cheap rear end smartphone instead of technology from 2008, problem solved.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

criscodisco posted:

Last time I tried to ride a bicycle I fell off and vomited. I am in terrible shape :(

lol drat

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

lol

Roger Craig posted:

Just buy a cheap rear end smartphone instead of technology from 2008, problem solved.
The SanDisk Clip is a loving awesome dedicated mp3 player, and it's probably going to be the only one available ten years from now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

criscodisco posted:

Maybe consider a Big Wheel or tricycle.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Airborne Viking posted:

lol
The SanDisk Clip is a loving awesome dedicated mp3 player, and it's probably going to be the only one available ten years from now.

I no longer have a physical media library

I do however have about 10 mp3 players (including many sansas, ipods, zen, etc) which i havent used in years, including one of these: http://www.cnet.com/products/creative-nomad-jukebox-zen-xtra/

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

does it work for esports asking for a friend

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Airborne Viking posted:

lol

Yep. It's the only one I use at the gym and got them for my kids too. Expansion memory and you somehow manage to break one, well $29 and amazon prime and put the old micro SD card in the new one.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Prince posted:

hey, sensible choice. 3/5.

If it was white would you give it 5/5?

Aug 4, 2010

sansa clips are good, i think the sport was a downgrade from the clip+ because you could install rockbox on the clip+ and it would play everything but sport is still a good buy. thanks.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Roger Craig posted:

I no longer have a physical media library

That's fair. I'm probably never going to jump off using sd cards to store music. img-oldguyinwheelchair

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Airborne Viking posted:

That's fair. I'm probably never going to jump off using sd cards to store music. img-oldguyinwheelchair

Let's not go crazy here, I'm sure we'll all be using datacubes once the price/Tb premium goes down.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I have an 80 GB iPod from like 10 years ago and amazingly the battery still holds a charge. I use it on road trips because I live in a part of the country with bad cell coverage. I put Rockbox on it almost immediately after I got it and never looked back; the stock interface was really nice, but the EQ was dumb and crippled and it just didn't sound very good.

Anyway, that's my mp3 player story. Smoke weed and rip flacs erry day.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Lol if you're not throwing an old Rock-Ola under the squat rack and getting the light show while rocking to the oldies.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

can one of you smart goons build me a 500GB or 1TB mp3 player?

all you dicks who stream music ruined things for me

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skeleton Ape posted:

I have an 80 GB iPod from like 10 years ago and amazingly the battery still holds a charge. I use it on road trips because I live in a part of the country with bad cell coverage. I put Rockbox on it almost immediately after I got it and never looked back; the stock interface was really nice, but the EQ was dumb and crippled and it just didn't sound very good.

Anyway, that's my mp3 player story. Smoke weed and rip flacs erry day.
flacs are dumb idiot poo poo for the same people who buy $5000 speaker cables, there is no discernable difference between a properly ripped 320k mp3 and flac and especially not when you play it though your unamplified 10 year old ipod

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Someone sounds mad

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mein Eyes! posted:

i dropped my god drat phone while loving with it and cycling at the same time. next thing I try to destroy better be under $40 and wrapped in enough silicone to bounce back into my wee pocket.

Your mom has got enough silicone to tit wank 8 guys at once.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Stuntman posted:

flacs are dumb idiot poo poo for the same people who buy $5000 speaker cables, there is no discernable difference between a properly ripped 320k mp3 and flac and especially not when you play it though your unamplified 10 year old ipod

I know. Who cares, though

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Roger Craig posted:

Seriously, I paid like $60 for a Motorola E which is a perfectly functional cellphone that I don't care about breaking. It's great, I can take it to the pool and listen to music without worrying about what would happen if I have to throw it at an annoying loving kid being obnoxious and it breaks.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Three Olives posted:

Seriously, I paid like $60 for a Motorola E which is a perfectly functional cellphone that I don't care about breaking. It's great, I can take it to the pool and listen to music without worrying about what would happen if I have to throw it at an annoying loving kid being obnoxious and it breaks.

agreedo. best buy recently had prepaid second gen moto Es for $30. just never activate them and you can enjoy a decent mp3 player / radio that can also run apps.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

but does the Moto E weigh one ounce, and can be clipped anywhere? I didn't think so. :smug:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mein Eyes! posted:

These are okay for the most part but when you get it open it up with a guitar pick or something and carefully solder down the 3 headphone jack contacts to the board because they put like an infinitesimal amount of solder on those 3 contacts and they tend to come loose and give you one ear effect.
You might also want to put a little bit of tape over the microSD card if you put one in because it doesn't have a cover, so just in case you accidentally click it out.

naem
May 29, 2011

Doesn't everyone have several old phones from 3 years ago still

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

naem posted:

if your phone still works why did you get a new one :confused:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Cycling is dumb and for losers.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

No I throw those away in the trash can because that's where garbage goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
sandisk makes good mp3 players and made most of the models worth buying in the years in between mp3 players costing 400 dollars, apple controlling 90 percent of the market for no justifiable reason, and then cell phones replacing said devices

i bought two and both still work, actually ended up saving some files when a hd died because i had it on a sandisk mp3 player from 2003 or some poo poo

• Locked thread