Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
When I saw it, a level 65 grandpa was snoring. Also those kids driving the station wagon were goofy looking. Think they cast them to look like their dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

They might as well would have let jaden smith play will smith's fake son because that dude sucked too. At least then we could funny bad acting.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Lol, the stripper mom death scene

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I feel sorry for all the losers out there who aren't pumped about this movie. The fact it isn't a reboot or redo is pretty drat amazing and the fact they got most of the cast back is just as cool.

I'm seeing it tonight and can't wait. Is that glass bulletproof? No sir.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
cant wait to get all goosebumpy when we take those bastards down....again!!

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Tyson Tomko posted:

I feel sorry for all the losers out there who aren't pumped about this movie. The fact it isn't a reboot or redo is pretty drat amazing and the fact they got most of the cast back is just as cool.

I'm seeing it tonight and can't wait. Is that glass bulletproof? No sir.

Nothing really quotable from the sequel. See it once, don't see it twice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Best line in the new one

"Hey who is that tall lanky man right there?"

"T-THATS MY DAVIDDDDDD!!!!!!"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Welp, I was gonna watch it but then Vendagoat said not to so not sure what to do now. Will probably just stay home and get drunk as is my custom. :shrug:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Kuato posted:

Welp, I was gonna watch it but then Vendagoat said not to so not sure what to do now. Will probably just stay home and get drunk as is my custom. :shrug:

5 dollar Tuesdays at cinemark. Go see it!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I absolutely cherish the first ID4 but this one was utterly abysmal from start to finish, and I didn't even have that high of expectations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kuato posted:

go see it drunk!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This movie gets one shark tooth out of ten, Brent Spinner (Data) was the only good part, it felt like I was watching a lovely 90's movie... maybe I was supposed to feel that way?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

go see it drunk!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Do Not See This Movie; it might as well have been straight to DVD that's how badly written it is

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Edgar posted:

Lol, the stripper mom death scene

I liked the patrice comment on the first movie how the black girlfriend had to be a stripper instead of some other job like teacher or nurse.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

etalian posted:

I liked the patrice comment on the first movie how the black girlfriend had to be a stripper instead of some other job like teacher or nurse.

yeah OR despite being a stripper which is traditionally viewed as a negative career choice she is a great mother who lives a pretty good life in a loving nuclear relationship

but good lord will smith's (movie) son watching that scene going "NO MOM NO!!!!!" hahaha gently caress this movie

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
I was fairly buzzed when I saw it, and it was okay. Not actually good, but a decent waste of time. I liked the giant kaiju at the end.

There were maybe 30 people in the theatre, all of whom talked through the second half.

4/10, would not turn the channel if it came on tv and I was busy doing somethng else.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

There were quite a few characters who could have just been cut from this movie, like David's fatha and his roving band of children he adopts (because if you'll remember, from the beginning of the movie he's salty that David never gave him any grandchildren... it's like poetry, it rhymes!).

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
This just came out this weekend, right? I don't know a single person that was going to see it. Did it do well at the box office?

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
Why did the queen's shield survive a nuke just fine, but give out after a few seconds of blasters?

My immersion!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tomato Burger posted:

Why did the queen's shield survive a nuke just fine, but give out after a few seconds of blasters?

My immersion!

This may shock you.

Bad movie, is bad. Not good.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CelticPredator posted:

go see it drunk!

I did this for Snakes on a Plane, this man knows what he's talking about.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Tomato Burger posted:

My immersion!

Maybe the cold fusion dealio damaged it and wore it down? I was wondering about that too.

I still enjoyed the movie and wish more people would go see it. Whoever said this movie didn't have any cool quotes obviously missed Brent Spiner talking about his kickass 1994 laser or "we've got alien guns?!" line haha. I do like that he was in a coma for 20 years and of course like the one thing I didn't see coming Bill Pullman shaving off his beard and becoming a badass again

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
The movie is almost a decent follow up to the original until after the hour mark and then it just turns into a loving cartoon.

When Hiller Jr., Mr. HotShotNotThor, and Token Chiense Girl go inside the New Mothership™ I start losing a bit of believability from little tiny things...the plant life looks boring and typical and not at all alien or foreign, the laser cannons the aliens have...same thing. But whatever...annoyances sure, but I can try and ignore it. And then...then the ally alien speaks in area 51, in english, in some sassy robot woman's voice and just gently caress me, I almost burst out laughing followed by walking out what is this goofball poo poo.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
So is this better or worse than future war? Because I'm getting drunk and watching one of them.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:haw: It talks! And in English! :haw:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Saw the movie, was happy as it pretty much matched my expectations. It had the classic big budget sci-fi with loose scientific consulting combination that is so hard to find in movies nowadays. It wasn't objectively good, but neither was the first one. I just wanted to see another independence day movie and that's exactly what was delivered.

Then again I'd watch a movie with nothing but 90 minutes of Jeff Goldblum stammering on about whatever.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

It's the loving prequel to Destiny. The "good" alien we shoot down at the start? It looks just like the Traveler, just smaller. And it teaches us the secret to interstellar travel and gives us super high tech weapons and poo poo for the sequel. Also the bad guys are LITERALLY THE HIVE complete with boss fight against a Queen, featuring multiple stages in a desperate last stand for humanity that destroys a big chunk of earth.

Why am i spoilering this poo poo? Its pretty much straight from the game.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I thought of watching it but then just stayed in trying to find a good video to bait to. Took a few hrs but I settled on one and finally spanked it FYI :fap:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Professor Shark posted:

This movie gets one shark tooth out of ten, Brent Spinner (Data) was the only good part, it felt like I was watching a lovely 90's movie... maybe I was supposed to feel that way?

What's the pawg situation like? This should be the benchmark for every movie.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

What's the pawg situation like? This should be the benchmark for every movie.

Zip. loving zilch.

None.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Pros:

-"Happy Fourth of July!" :unsmigghh:
-Every time Brent Spiner is on screen
-Robert Loggia's Weekend at Bernie's corpse
-MY DAVEHHD (RIP Patrice)

Cons:

-Literally everything else

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sheen Sheen posted:

Pros:

-"Happy Fourth of July!" :unsmigghh:
-Every time Brent Spiner is on screen

Yeah, Bill Pullman sounded pretty drunk for most of the film, but his "Heh heh, yeah we got ya baby. Happy Fourth of July! ;)" was pretty great. Too bad he didn't actually kill her, that would have been a better end.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I still think that covering they installed on that decoy thing should have opened up when he hit the switch and there was like a giant butt or something in there and the alien queen was like "WHAT?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Prettz posted:

hahahaahah it's the guy who did those? holy christ

you shut your whore mouth, White House Down was a better Die Hard sequel than Die Hard 4 or 5 :mad:

• Locked thread