Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
refleks
Nov 21, 2006

why dont we use the word instantaires anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

refleks posted:

why dont we use the word instantaires anymore?

It's all about the unicorns now. A million dollars isn't cool.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A million BEES *bees pour out of the ceiling and walls*

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
God damnit i just realized I need to wait until 2017 to see more of this show

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde

maniacdevnull posted:

“So what’s considered real money today, if you only happen to be a millionaire?”

“I would say a hundy.”

“A hundy?”

“A hundred million. But not including your real estate. I mean investible assets.”

“So a hundred gets you in the game?”

“Well, maybe two hundred,” he said thoughtfully, swirling the red liquid dangerously over creamy white cashmere throws.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

maniacdevnull posted:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Stereotype posted:

God damnit i just realized I need to wait until 2017 to see more of this show

yeah these ten episode long seasons are some major league bullshit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wat sho

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

it me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

online friend posted:

i've never worked in silicon valley, but the show is accurate as a parody of tech culture at large

i know a person that i've either worked with or met in a professional setting that matches every single main character on that show, and it's always so weird to me

i think i said it before in another thread but it really feels like they nailed the dynamic of a small startup based on what ive done

the big corporate side ball pit is totally a valley thing, but the dynamic bullshit gavin pulls feels like itd be believable in any massive company. his spin skills are almost too real and i swear ive seen emails that feel just like his compression apology

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Agile Vector posted:

i think i said it before in another thread but it really feels like they nailed the dynamic of a small startup based on what ive done

the big corporate side ball pit is totally a valley thing, but the dynamic bullshit gavin pulls feels like itd be believable in any massive company. his spin skills are almost too real and i swear ive seen emails that feel just like his compression apology

"consider the possum…"

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Agile Vector posted:

"Have I surrounded myself with sycophants who tell me only what I want to hear?"
"No."

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I was lollin p hard at the box design being a picture of a box, but it's just reality

https://www.simplivity.com/blog/2016/05/behind-scenes-simplivity-silicon-valley/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
you don't run into it as much in Seattle but dockercon was absolutely dripping in it.

• Locked thread