Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bogart posted:

When I need to exploit axe weakness, I will. But other than that, she's warming the bench. :colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

Her default outfit is a bunny knight.

Bunny. KNIGHT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

And thank goodness for that because I haven't liked her everyday outfit at all

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

censorship gone mad

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

alcharagia posted:

Enjoy not using the game's best tank and its only good healer

Aren't the healing skills available to both Tsubasa and Mamori? If skills are available to both(and to others?), what makes one character better than the other as a healer?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

tsubasa dies at a stiff breeze and mamori's SP skills are better for healing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Aren't the healing skills available to both Tsubasa and Mamori? If skills are available to both(and to others?), what makes one character better than the other as a healer?

Mamori is incredibly tanky while having SP skills that are easily the best healing in the game.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

tsubasa dies at a stiff breeze and mamori's SP skills are better for healing

What's Tsubasa's niche supposed to be anyways? She was a good all rounder in the early chapters but I've started the Studio chapter and she's falling off fast

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Erg posted:

What's Tsubasa's niche supposed to be anyways? She was a good all rounder in the early chapters but I've started the Studio chapter and she's falling off fast

Tsubasa is intentionally filling the 'healer' role from the Persona games. (Yukari and Morgana from P3 and P5 are both healing + wind). Her weapons and skills absolutely emphasize healing as well.

The issue is just that while she has better healing spells, Mamori has passable healing abilities and then her much better SP skills. It's a legitimate design flaw where they accidentally made someone else a better healer than the healer.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Erg posted:

loving up your sessions by whiffing whenever she has a physical attack

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mamori is the only person who missed more than once all game

It was actually rather annoying and I stopped deploying her when I didn't actually need her bulk

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Cant for the life of me figure out how to get beyond the Altitude 146 bit teleportr in Dolhr. I keep going up to the elevator and it says 'nothing happened'.

I cant for the life of me find the thing that's supposed to make the elevator go up.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Guys I realized that Tsubasa's real niche is doing the super cute finger gun thing but thanks for trying

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

SylvainMustach posted:

Cant for the life of me figure out how to get beyond the Altitude 146 bit teleportr in Dolhr. I keep going up to the elevator and it says 'nothing happened'.

I cant for the life of me find the thing that's supposed to make the elevator go up.

You have to find an activation gem for every explorable area in dohlr to use the elevator.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Junkozeyne posted:

You have to find an activation gem for every explorable area in dohlr to use the elevator.

I figured as such. I guess I can't find that specific one. Would it be sitting out in the open somewhere with the green ! Symbol floating over it or is there another way to make it show up

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

This second puzzle room at the studio is angering me. I got to the chapter end boss door after like 15 minutes of futzing around, but I missed 3 treasure chests and I'm tired of trying this thing

idk why I'm struggling so much with what should be a pretty simple puzzle, I keep pressing buttons and making the layout worse

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Erg posted:

This second puzzle room at the studio is angering me. I got to the chapter end boss door after like 15 minutes of futzing around, but I missed 3 treasure chests and I'm tired of trying this thing

idk why I'm struggling so much with what should be a pretty simple puzzle, I keep pressing buttons and making the layout worse

Don't worry about it. You will go back there later.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I finally got around to buying the anime game. Now if my amazon seller would just ship it :argh:

Anyway, I am really looking forward to playing this game I didn't have time for in July. How many hours are we talking? I'm kinda hoping to wrap up before Pokemon comes out.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I would ballpark something like 60 hours if you're doing all of the party side quests.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I beat it around 70 and I think I did a lot of the side quests. May have been quicker too but I'm a real moron when it comes to some puzzles.

At the end of the day it's definitely one of my favorite Wii u games. Easy top 5.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What would be your other 4?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Where the gently caress is this cat, Tsubasa said she might have found it but didn't actually bother to say where she was!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Try the alleyway up from Hee Ho Mart, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I picked up this game again over the weekend after not having had much time to play it recently. I'm in the middle of Chapter 3, my last play session I'd actually had my rear end handed to me by the Pegasus Knight mid-boss. It's kind of frustrating because 2 of your party are Weak to the Axe-wielding Red Barbarians, while Ellie is just weak to everything. :sigh: I think I just brought in Ellie and Kiria and fought a bit smarter (cast Sleep on them and focused on removing their ability to Session you to death) and got through it handily enough. When the reinforcements arrived I just focused on killing the boss since she was almost dead anyway.

I've gone back to look at my Carnage options, and there were a few that I've missed. Apparently one for Touma which I maybe just didn't have enough 2-Star Prestige for. I'm also missing an Abyss Force for it, so I went to Illusory Shibuya to get both. I sort of like the Carnage creation system, but it's a little frustrating if you're missing something like that. I've fought a bunch of enemies in the area where the Abyss is supposed to show up, but I don't know if they're rare or what but I still haven't encountered one. Also the game keeps spawning Savage encounters at me, which is kind of annoying.

• Locked thread