Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Slowly building up my shop tools.

New parts washer.

An inexpensive transmission jack.

Needed it to lift up Seat Safety Switch's transmission mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I replaced two of my switches with timers. Why are they different? because the fan draws a fuckload of power, and that timer is rated for more amps. In retrospect I wish I had gotten two of them, that one on the right doesn't fit in the housing very well, the wires come out of the unit on the right, so it hits the edge and levers it over a little. No, I can't move it to a different bay because it's already labeled, what are you, some kind of criminal? Still, this allows me to use the exterior lighting to see my way back into the house without having to leave the lights on all night. Or run the fan for a few minutes after I pull a vehicle out to go somewhere and clear the exhaust.

I do like having music playing while I work. This little bluetooth speaker worked great, but it's a little, uh, small.

Just so happened, my friend was selling these rad polk audio speakers.

So I bought an amp and a TV hanger, and I finally have a use for my old living room TV. This amp is bluetooth as well, and I can plug the workshop laptop into it via HDMI passthrough.

Now I have enough wattage to deafen myself and the neighbour's dog. :coal: It sounds amazing with the Fury Road soundtrack blasting through the building.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Those speakers would be right at home in my living room. :getin:

(they'd be better than the ~15 year old Infinity satellites I have now, anyway)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My mom redid her garage (my old stomping ground) with a new half-wall and vertical blinds separating the laundry appliances from the rest, and covered the whole floor with carpet. And now for the first time in her life, she parks in it. On the carpet. :psyduck:

Not having a garage is my sole regret about my current apartment. Even without workspace, it'd be nice just to not have my cabin temp be 150 degrees when I get in it in the afternoon.

I'm basically bookmarking this thread for inspiration.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, it is a CARpet, so...

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Before I could tear apart the 280ZX's transmission, I needed somewhere I could work. I finally got around to that:

If you look close it's not perfectly square but it stands without wobbling and it only cost me five 2x4x8 studs and a box of wood screws (the plywood was left by the previous owner)

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Pham Nuwen posted:

Before I could tear apart the 280ZX's transmission, I needed somewhere I could work. I finally got around to that:

If you look close it's not perfectly square but it stands without wobbling and it only cost me five 2x4x8 studs and a box of wood screws (the plywood was left by the previous owner)

Slap a piece of hardboard over the top, secured with short screws in the corner. When it gets scored badly, or soaked in oil, you can easily replace it. Protip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

sharkytm posted:

Slap a piece of hardboard over the top, secured with short screws in the corner. When it gets scored badly, or soaked in oil, you can easily replace it. Protip!

Melamine is also pretty awesome, as you can just wipe most spills right off.

• Locked thread