Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

an_mutt posted:

Oofuri is my fav. sports anime, so hopefully we can have it up in the OP too?

Also the series is gay as heck.

:yeah: I'm a few episodes in and I'm enjoying this nervous baseball baby a whole lot, good call. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Halfway through Baby Steps, and I am losing steam. Nat-chan desn't do anything anymore. Nobody does anything, except Ei-chan. We don't see anybody training or trying to overcome their own deal, it's just Ei-chan getting generally better at tennis. And since Ei-Chan is such a dull character, and his whole deal is that he plays Tennis in a very un-flashy, workmanlike way, that's not super entertaining. And the tennis matches don't have a lot of energy or style to them.

Also, I noticed the spectators. Now I see them all the time, and it's driving me insane

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu is the other rugby manga besides All Out!! and has the benefit of being short and completely translated and significantly less weird-looking.
Ever since he was little, Akira wanted to be a rugby player. But since he lived on a tiny island with no other children, it was very difficult for him to learn how to play. In hopes of becoming useful to a rugby team, he practiced the one thing he could do by himself, kicking. Now Akira is heading to high school, and he's going to try to make his dreams of playing rugby and having friends come true!

Despite all the crybaby Batoto comments it's not that much gayer than any other sports manga, it has a few suggestive scenes and pairs up characters for easy shipping but nobody kisses or anything (unfortunately). Since it's so short the plot doesn't have a whole lot of room for them to develop as a team but I thought the end was pretty satisfying despite that. I also appreciated the rugby explanations because I know absolutely zero about it as a sport other than rugby players are hot.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dear Boys is expiring on crunchy at the end of the month, is it worth trying to watch it before they lose it? Looks kinda dated and I have a ton of shows to watch but if it's worth a look I might try to squeeze it in over a weekend or something.

oh yeah also are we going to continue this thread considering boom's status now? I'm never sure how that works, when an OP gets banned or is no longer welcome or whatever.

• Locked thread