Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao that Nana is too :haw: for psychological mind tricks to work on her.

Also how is Feldman not a bad guy?!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Awesome, I finally get to fight a Dyus Pita in GE2RB, and No Way Back starts playing. Now if only the music in the PC port wasn't basically impossible to hear...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Really wish you could change up the burst rage song.

Welp also got up to dif 15 and finished up all the extra content so I guess thats it for God Eater then. Its been fun!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, just beat my first Marduk. I get the feeling that I could make some really neat stuff from its drops, but until I get a more practical way to fight it than a 4 battle sequence I'm just going to ignore it.

And I hope this doesn't piss people off, but I really didn't like Wings of Tomorrow. Butrock guitar is great and all, but the vocals just don't click for me. I much prefer the song in the leadup, or most definitely No Way Back. The first fits the setting, the second has lyrics that feel better, especially with the distortion there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite song is the one that reminds me of Tales of Legendia because Go Shiina is a goddamn cultural treasure.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Blood Rage theme is pretty :pcgaming:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT0WpdrCJYE

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Welp, just finished off the plot for the first six difficulty ranks, now to tread water plotwise until I hit like rank 11 probably?

I do kind of want to make a bunch of the stuff you get from Idol items, and maybe that one new blast gun with Trigger Happy, because they look cool, and/or useful, and the source isn't that hard with a good assault gun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah the Demis are really easy. Slow, slow, slow.

Makes up for when the Blitz Hannibals show up :stonk:

The story finishes at rank 15. You're pretty much in the second arc. Its really much better than the first.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 13, 2016

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Finally got a chance to play, currently going through Resurrection.

Is it just me or does Kanon have two voice actors? One is the one I remember from back when I played on my PSP, the klutz stereotype, and the other is this harsher more butch voice that's really loving grating. Also there's a bunch of lines from the second voice that feel like they're talking about a completely different character. I remember her from when I played before being all demure and hitting people by accident and there's a bunch of voice clips now with her talking about hitting teammates on purpose or yelling about how she's not done slaughtering things when I try to converge the party. It's loving bizarre.

Also, I've been using Licca as my non-combatant skill monkey and a couple times now after a mission I'll get a scene of her fixing stuff. I haven't seen it happen with any other characters, are they just for flavor?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Goddamnit Quadriga, drop a loving sensor already! I want my loving Titan Cannon upgraded already, and that's the last piece I can't just buy.

And the only missions that I have right now where I can fight a Quadriga are the one with a Sehkmet and a Blaze BC, or one with two Fierce Kongou IIRC. :argh:

At least now that I've made Kannon's gun (and actually switched to the right bullet element) its going a bit easier. I'm now only taking like 10 minutes rather than 13 or so.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wrist Watch posted:

Finally got a chance to play, currently going through Resurrection.

Is it just me or does Kanon have two voice actors? One is the one I remember from back when I played on my PSP, the klutz stereotype, and the other is this harsher more butch voice that's really loving grating. Also there's a bunch of lines from the second voice that feel like they're talking about a completely different character. I remember her from when I played before being all demure and hitting people by accident and there's a bunch of voice clips now with her talking about hitting teammates on purpose or yelling about how she's not done slaughtering things when I try to converge the party. It's loving bizarre.

Also, I've been using Licca as my non-combatant skill monkey and a couple times now after a mission I'll get a scene of her fixing stuff. I haven't seen it happen with any other characters, are they just for flavor?

Kanon is weird. In the original Japanese game she was apparently way crazy and did have multiple personalities. In English God Eater Burst they switched her to being just the meek one, while in Resurrection they play up the psycho one. I have no clue why, but that's the reason she's so different from what you remember.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its kind of worse in Rage Burst.

GET OUT OF MY LINE OF FIRE!
Get out of my line of fire!
GET OUT OF MY LINE OF FIRE!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:psyduck: That's so loving weird, why would they remove a whole part of a character like that? I'm probably just going to bench her until I start 2, the new npc chatter is cool but it's making me hate her and she used to be my favorite side character because big explosions own and big heals own and therefore she owns. Being able to give Kota healing shots/hold shots/traps/healing posts more than makes up for it tbh.

I just got to the end of the main game (difficulty 6 I think) last night and jesus christ I don't remember the game being so cringeworthy when I played it in high school. A couple things I've noticed:

1: This might be in part me being better at these types of games after playing so much monster hunter, but this game absolutely was not designed to have scythe and hammer in it. I used scythe for literally everything, I found that there isn't really anything in the game that can actually stand up to the special action-extend-rake, each of those hits like 6 times, and you're probably hitting a weak zone in there somewhere because the hitbox is stupid and huge. Hammer I pulled out exclusively for Quadriga, he stands still so much that with a decent elemental hammer you can just stand under him and mash R1+square until he dies. It felt like cheating.

2: I finally realized what bugged me so much about playing this before: Monsters scale on difficulty instead of low/high/G rank like in monster hunter. On one hand it's a good thing because you're always challenged, but on the other hand, especially since you can actually see damage numbers now, there's zero sense of actually getting stronger or doing more damage since keeping up with my weapons just meant my damage didn't fall off too badly. Monster damage on the other hand seems to grow faster than the rate I can upgrade my shields, so my kill times stay around the same but the amount of damage I take seems to be getting bigger each difficulty I get to.

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 18, 2016

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Playing God Eater Resurrection with a friend and, honestly, I'm getting kind of burned out on it. The "story" and characters, such as they are, are complete garbage. The environments are way too limited. The missions are too short. I think the actual gameplay is fun, but I feel like the difficulty curve is all over the place. Plus, I've sunk a bunch of hours into it, and I'm only at campaign progress 36/124, whatever that means, and on difficulty 6 out of god knows.

Does this get better in God Eater 2? Should I slog through and finish the main campaign in Resurrection, or just cut it away and move on to the second game?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Res actually has the better story. :v:

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Synthbuttrange posted:

Res actually has the better story. :v:

Oh my god.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Holy gently caress, how does one reasonably take out a Kyuubi? My first attempt took twenty minutes and I began to honestly think I might fail, roughly at the point where Soma ran out of healing items.

At least I've finally gotten my scythe upgraded. Now to finish up a bunch of character episodes, and maybe level up my sniper BBs at the same time. That rank 7 hard mission thats only dreadpikes and night hollows is probably a pretty easy way to do it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

Holy gently caress, how does one reasonably take out a Kyuubi?

http://i.imgur.com/8t0bDVw.mp4

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ashsaber posted:

Holy gently caress, how does one reasonably take out a Kyuubi? My first attempt took twenty minutes and I began to honestly think I might fail, roughly at the point where Soma ran out of healing items.

At least I've finally gotten my scythe upgraded. Now to finish up a bunch of character episodes, and maybe level up my sniper BBs at the same time. That rank 7 hard mission thats only dreadpikes and night hollows is probably a pretty easy way to do it.

The first time you fight it, it has ridiculously more health than usual. Crushing weapons work great there, though.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

nerdz posted:

The first time you fight it, it has ridiculously more health than usual. Crushing weapons work great there, though.

Glad to hear that they aren't all that ridiculous.

Going to take a week or two off of this game, I'm a little burned out on God Eating, so I'll try Gundam Breaking for a while instead.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Hmmm.... "Spin Pendulum." Hey! I translated that all on my own! I'm proud now.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm waffling between buying this game or Lego Star Wars: Force Awakens on Steam right now :negative:

gently caress it, I bought it. :shepface:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 24, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm waffling between buying this game or Lego Star Wars: Force Awakens on Steam right now :negative:

gently caress it, I bought it. :shepface:

Take heart; I can guarantee you've made worse purchasing decisions.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Keeshhound posted:

Take heart; I can guarantee you've made worse purchasing decisions.

*Looks at Lego: The Hobbit in his Steam Library.*
Yes. Yes, I have.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Upsides: The grind is way better than warframe, anime as hell.
Downsides: Anime as hell.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You had me at 'anime as hell'. Installing now, I'll either get started on it tonight or when I wake up from my turkey coma tomorrow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You got both games by buying 2. Start at Resurrection/God Eater 1 before doing 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Picked up the steam version when it was on sale on Humble store this weekend. After playing MH on the 3ds for so long I forget how much better it feels to be able to use a controller.

• Locked thread