Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

im gaye posted:

decapitation is mostly fatal (subtle cooking fact)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtDQc-4wGvM&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My daughter is 29 and unmarried :cripes:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Dreddout posted:

What?

Is this the Nippon equivalent of weaboos who travel to japan?

Pretty much, though they don't actually have to leave the country 'cause Tokyo Disneyland is like, in Tokyo.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

thanks for the video, friend from facebook who passes around viral garbage

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Viral Garbage, good band name.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My daughter is 29 and unmarried :cripes:

sometimes old people sit at benches with a dossier on their unmarried child and try to pawn them off on other old peoples unmarried children. also they believe blood type is indicative of personality type so that is always one of the facts included lol

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
That's like some 'what if vampires were in the background of society' stuff right there.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I think you have to put your blood type down for job applications and poo poo like that for the same reasons, lol

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

sometimes old people sit at benches with a dossier on their unmarried child and try to pawn them off on other old peoples unmarried children. also they believe blood type is indicative of personality type so that is always one of the facts included lol

it's not nearly as common as in china, though. china has weekend meat markets at the park

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I would work in japan. I don't mind the terrible stereotype that foreigners have due to all the insufferable people. I think it's legitimately a good place to live and die.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

jesus, i already hated japan and i hadn't even heard about the hosed up teeth thing. how do they keep getting worse?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Ka0 posted:

I would work in japan. I don't mind the terrible stereotype that foreigners have due to all the insufferable people. I think it's legitimately a good place to live and die.

japan is a decent place to live and the majority of stereotypes only get applied to you if you teach english as an ALT or at a cram school

if you have a real job people will think very highly of you

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

jesus, i already hated japan and i hadn't even heard about the hosed up teeth thing. how do they keep getting worse?

Have you seen 'Girl Model?' I think it's on Netflix still.

Basically it's about how scouts (usually former models themselves) go to little poor rural villages in Russia and find girls with the desired features to recruit as models. Like 10-12 year old girls. The recruiter mentions here that she personally looks for 'young' features because although she personally doesn't find that attractive that is what the demand is for. Anyway they then impress the poor villages with promises of wealth and glory with being models in Japan for commercials and billboards and whatever.

So then the girls go to Japan where they are given just outrageously awful contracts which can be violated for simple things like being a few grams overweight or eating too many calories in a day. They live in crappy conditions and are paid basically nothing. Then around 17-18 they are no longer attractive and often turn to prostitution since they didn't really get paid anything or educated at all.

The whole thing is probably run by organized crime in the end and this also applies to the pop 'idol' girls as well (except they are locals instead of blonde Russians).

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

yeah get a real job stocking panty vending machines or servicing hentai pachinko machines

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Roylicious posted:

Basically it's about how scouts (usually former models themselves) go to little poor rural villages in Russia and find girls with the desired features to recruit as models. Like 10-12 year old girls. The recruiter mentions here that she personally looks for 'young' features because although she personally doesn't find that attractive that is what the demand is for. Anyway they then impress the poor villages with promises of wealth and glory with being models in Japan for commercials and billboards and whatever.

So then the girls go to Japan where they are given just outrageously awful contracts which can be violated for simple things like being a few grams overweight or eating too many calories in a day. They live in crappy conditions and are paid basically nothing. Then around 17-18 they are no longer attractive and often turn to prostitution since they didn't really get paid anything or educated at all.

The whole thing is probably run by organized crime in the end and this also applies to the pop 'idol' girls as well (except they are locals instead of blonde Russians).

ahhh, glorious nippon

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
And I should clarify that when I say around 17-18 they are 'no longer attractive' I mean they don't look like 12 year old girls anymore.

Also this

quote:

If her body doesn't develop the way it is expected to, it can lead to drastic measures on the part of the agency and the model. "A lot of girls have boob jobs, nose job when they're not even 18 years old...Agencies will actually advance [money for the surgeries], but then the models are even more in debt and there's even more pressure for them to keep up a certain physical appearance," Blais told us, adding that she was asked to get liposuction when she was just 18.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 30, 2016

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Roylicious posted:

yeah they do this with their own young girls ala Hello!Project and AKB48, not to mention the "Junior Idol" industry (do not google those words). japan gets away with some creepy poo poo a lot more overtly than other places do

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Man you should see the weaboos defending it on some anti-censorship thing it's really strange and gross.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Japan has had some pretty great metal bands like Doom, Loudness, and United, but whenever someone mentions Japanese metal, it's always Babymetal nowadays, and that makes me pretty downright miffed

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i was once on a local train in nagoya and these two guys got on going home after a morning musume concert or something and were fully decked out in neon shirts with hearts and the girls' names, keychains, lanyards, fans, wristbands all with the smiling dead eyed faces of 13 year olds on them

they got pointed at and laughed at by a couple 20 year old women

i mean use some common sense. if you have a creepy hobby change into regular clothes in the bathroom or something before you go home

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

or just don't be a pedophile

just don't do that

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
For a good laugh, read about their justice system

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yeah they do this with their own young girls ala Hello!Project and AKB48, not to mention the "Junior Idol" industry (do not google those words).

And if one of these teenage girls is found to be dating a boy (y'know, like a normal teenage girl) she has to put on the sackcloth and ashes and tearfully apologize to her fans because she has failed to maintain the fiction that she is virginal and pure

E: Here's 20-year-old AKB48 member Minami Minegishi apologizing for spending the night with a guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF2y45Jl_sI

Yes, she had to shave her head to atone for the shameful act of doing stuff that 20-year-olds do.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 30, 2016

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Well if she doesn't her virgin nerd fans will positively SHAKE with rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

someone post that berryz koubou handshake event jpeg

• Locked thread