Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I have a pair of headphones with an extra long cable that I'm constantly running over with my desk chair. I was hoping for a cord spool that I could mount onto the side of my desk and went ahead googling many variations of "cord spool" but to no avail. What am I talking about and does it exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Does this do anything for you?

e: also:

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 2, 2016

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Not really. Constant tension probably wouldn't work well for a set of headphones on your head. Lighter ones might be pulled out of place constantly.

Does it need to be a spool? You could coil it around the base on your monitor if you don't go very far from your desk with them on. If you wander across the room, though, this probably wouldn't work for you.

Another option may be to simply go wireless, but that depends heavily on how you use them.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
You could use a small spool hung under the desk, just pass the connector through a hole in the side, and wind any extra cable onto the spool. Or if you're feeling daring you could try re-purposing one of those 'extendable usb cable' things, where the cable is wrapped around some sort of ratchet.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I may eventually find a more permanent solution but for now I've resolved to tape some of the slack to the side of my desk. Now I will never jerk my expensive headphones off of my head by standing up too quick when the cord is lodged under my chair again.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
This might be cheap enough to buy to try ripping it apart and feeding the headphone cable into it instead. https://www.amazon.com/ReTrak-Retractable-3-5mm-Purple-ETCABLE35RL/dp/B008FC9ZL0

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
There are some headphone stands with cord-winding space built-in. I'm thinking particularly of the JustMobile Headstand. It's expensive but might be a good starting point in your search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

emdash posted:

There are some headphone stands with cord-winding space built-in. I'm thinking particularly of the JustMobile Headstand. It's expensive but might be a good starting point in your search

This is very similar to what I wanted. Thank you.

• Locked thread