Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Boon posted:

I took an 0-7 team last year and finished just under .500, kept no keepers, and am now sitting in 2nd place - I want this bye real bad

I think if results go how they should from here, Mustache Todd Gurley will win the tie breaker between him, you, chem, and Poppin Bortles...but I'll be in first :cawg: Or if Benjamin scores > Baldwin + 9, I'll take second behind MTG.

Crazy how tight it is right at the end, I'm glad so many of us had stuff to play for.

Edit: Pretty sure those'll be the playoff teams, too, plus BLM in after outscoring Oinkers for the last spot.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

evilweasel posted:

dbrb has failed me for the last time, but huston oinkers might just do it and get less points than me this week :ohdear:

I take solace in the fact there was no combination of players that was winning me this week.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I guess this is the game that justifies why I held Rawls all loving season long. Fingers crossed, but I'm feeling optimistic.

Also I thought I hosed up playing Dak, but it turns out both my QBs were lame this week.

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

MNF is going my way so far

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just need 43 more points from bilal powell.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I just need forte to fumble twice and/or run the wrong way

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got 0.30 points from Bilal Powell

So, is there a consolation bracket, or should I just stop playing now

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Might not have quite made the playoffs, but under my steady hand the suckanears have improved to decidedly mediocre.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ugh if i didn't gently caress up my running backs this week i'd have been in the playoffs :smith:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Man that's so close. It turns out Brady Lives Don't Matter.

I hadn't looked at standings until just now. Congrats to everyone for making it through the regular season!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

ugh if i didn't gently caress up my running backs this week i'd have been in the playoffs :smith:

Tyler Lockett also put up 27 points for Oinkers, after averaging less than 7 a game the rest of the year.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Tyler Lockett also put up 27 points for Oinkers, after averaging less than 7 a game the rest of the year.

He was overdue.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My 1649 total Points For for the season is just middle of the pack, but I'm leading the league in Points Against with 1810. E.g., I'm just a victim here, guys, totally.

(Nevermind that the second-highest Points Against was the Poppers, shh.)

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I have the lowest Points For of the playoff teams! I'm the least deserving!

EDIT: I have the highest "Coach" ranking, though, so clearly I'm good at making the best of my lousy team.

Ninja Bob fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 6, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice week for my team to suddenly dominate.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Hot drat, Le'Veon Bell.

I'm thinking I'm probably going to make it through even despite Dak's lovely day, but next week concerns me.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Ninja Bob posted:

Hot drat, Le'Veon Bell.

I'm thinking I'm probably going to make it through even despite Dak's lovely day, but next week concerns me.

Never mind, everything's terrible.

EDIT: Double never mind, it's okay again.

Ninja Bob fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 13, 2016

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well, I'll see you fine gents next year.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Congrats to the wildcard teams on their week 14 upsets!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

pmchem posted:

Congrats to the wildcard teams on their week 14 upsets!

I owe it all to Vic Beasley's big day. Best FA pickup of the year for my team by far.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Stupid Cameron Wake. Oh well. Glad Landry managed to have a single nice catch to save his day. Looking like we might have a tight match up!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I got loving killed last week. Like, consolation bracket my rear end, I do not feel consoled at all.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

RVProfootballer posted:

Stupid Cameron Wake. Oh well. Glad Landry managed to have a single nice catch to save his day. Looking like we might have a tight match up!

We did not have a tight matchup, and I intend to carry an irrational grudge against several players for the rest of their days.

Still, congrats, and I'm now gunning for third.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I am dead inside.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Veritek83 posted:

I am dead inside.

Better you than me.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
My one keeper from last year got a "super extreme" DUI. I really know how to pick 'em.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ninja Bob posted:

We did not have a tight matchup, and I intend to carry an irrational grudge against several players for the rest of their days.

Still, congrats, and I'm now gunning for third.

Thanks, and irrational grudges are what fantasy is all about!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Dammit, I should have known I could only ride the Kenny Britt train so far. Benching Nuk for Cameron Meredith was apparently the right thing to do, because fantasy football is weird.

I guess I ended up with 4th, and I feel okay about that. Congrats again RVP, David Johnson is ridiculous.

EDIT: I just looked at the draft recap and saw that you (I assume?) kept DJ for $7, while I paid $11 for Michael Floyd. gently caress.

Ninja Bob fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 27, 2016

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Congrats to 2016 League Champion Juliopeno Poppers!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Congratulation to RVProfootballer. After a stellar week 15 my team predictably went to sleep, and your team had a red hot finish where it mattered. See you guys next year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Thanks dudes, this was one of the few bright spots in the playoffs for me this year!

Ninja Bob posted:

Dammit, I should have known I could only ride the Kenny Britt train so far. Benching Nuk for Cameron Meredith was apparently the right thing to do, because fantasy football is weird.

I guess I ended up with 4th, and I feel okay about that. Congrats again RVP, David Johnson is ridiculous.

EDIT: I just looked at the draft recap and saw that you (I assume?) kept DJ for $7, while I paid $11 for Michael Floyd. gently caress.

I had very little expectation DJ would be worth a first round pick, though thought I'd for sure get value for $7 of course. Totally blew away my fondest hopes.

Ayudo posted:

Congratulation to RVProfootballer. After a stellar week 15 my team predictably went to sleep, and your team had a red hot finish where it mattered. See you guys next year.

Seriously, every single one of your guys defied expectations, including Clay having his monster game. Seems like the fantasy playoffs this year have been weirder than normal, but might just be my imagination.

Also, checking out my keepers for next year... I didn't realize I had drafted Howard! If he holds onto his job and doesn't hit his sophomore slump, that'll be a 1-2 punch of DJ and Howard for like $13 and $8. Not sure I have any WRs worth keeping, but maybe Kelce will return value for a keeper cost of like $18. Can't wait for next year :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've tried to set my team up to have a few decent keeper options for next year. CJ Anderson was available on the wire for my IR stash, for example. Le'Veon Bell is an obvious keeper. Some guys like Jordan Matthews or Emmanuel Sanders might have better situations next year.

But it's kind of a shame that undrafted guys like Adam Thielen and Hunter Henry can't be kept.

Anyway despite all my bitching this has been a fun league, thanks everyone!

• Locked thread