Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Turkey is playing some good defense, but their shooting is atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
CoJo roasting Turkey in the 3rd. Delicious

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So Canada has to win outright to get into the Olympics? Because our A team could walk through every team in that fixture no problem but with no Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Murray, Kelly Olynyk and Nik Stauskus, I have a feeling Tony Parker will destroy our country's dreams.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
What's a 'fixture'?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Paulocaust posted:

So Canada has to win outright to get into the Olympics? Because our A team could walk through every team in that fixture no problem but with no Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Murray, Kelly Olynyk and Nik Stauskus, I have a feeling Tony Parker will destroy our country's dreams.

Yup. Our boys will have a hard time with France. Turkey were shook as hell and missed like 16 free throws, so it's a very bad sign that Canada only won by 8.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Paulocaust posted:

Canada ended up experiencing the worst case scenario that team USA was worried about, which was that if they didn't qualify in the world cup they never really had a chance to field anything close their best team again in any of the proceeding qualifiers. Still, team Canada had two other tournaments where their opponents were also missing their pros, they just needed to place in to qualify so it's hard to feel bad for them.

Next Olympic's qualifying rules are more favorable to pro players.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Rick posted:

Canada ended up experiencing the worst case scenario that team USA was worried about, which was that if they didn't qualify in the world cup they never really had a chance to field anything close their best team again in any of the proceeding qualifiers. Still, team Canada had two other tournaments where their opponents were also missing their pros, they just needed to place in to qualify so it's hard to feel bad for them.

Next Olympic's qualifying rules are more favorable to pro players.

Yeah, it's hard to feel sorry for a team that sent Olynyk, Wiggins, Joseph, Stauskas and Bennett (lol) to the Tournament of the Americas last year, where both finalists get an auto-bid, and lost in the semis to Venezuela.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Terrible effort from Canada, but they're through. CoJo is keeping them in it, as I figured he would.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Canada's headed to the Philippines final after a win over NZ!

Another ugly game, especially in the final minutes. Melvin Ejim of all people was the hero with a clutch putback and free throw.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
:canada:

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cory Joseph was really bad in that second half. At least Melvin Ejim was clutch lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I fully support Canada backing into the Olympics.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
France vs. Canada tomorrow for all the marbles.

Every team in this tournament has looked really bad at times, so we might just have a chance.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Italy vs Croatia is pretty good and close right now. Gallo's ballin in the 3rd

edit: he is no longer ballin'

Halfling Wizard Bear fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 9, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
has gentile done anything?

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

chunkles posted:

has gentile done anything?

Does turning the ball over a bunch count as something?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
sounds like rockets d'antoni material to me, hope we sign him soon

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Italy vs Croatia going into OT, Gallo fouled out. poo poo is intense. Hezonia is playing like balls but Saric looks really good.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

Italy vs Croatia going into OT, Gallo fouled out. poo poo is intense. Hezonia is playing like balls but Saric looks really good.

And it's over, Croatia goes to Rio.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Jokic and Saric are the tourney MVPs. :toot:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Considering the state of the Olympics, I'm A-OK with Wiggins et al missing out on a Brazilian experience. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Yeah, it's a very young squad, and they need more experience before they're ready for the big stage.

Milos lost today too. :canada:

• Locked thread