Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double negative
Jul 7, 2003

-Atom- posted:

dodson vs. lineker make it happen

Pretty sure that would require Lineker to overcome his true archnemesis, the scale

e: My bad, I forgot Dodson moved back up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I love God. And Dom Cruz, I'm COMING FOR YOU BABY!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ima coming for you, baby! :3:

Edit beaten like Macdonald

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

fatherdog posted:

I think whether it was stupid or not is academic because after that first shot he wasn't exactly in a sound decision-making state

True enough. Even if he went defensive he may have gotten knocked out. Dude has serious power.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

double negative posted:

Pretty sure that would require Lineker to overcome his true archnemesis, the scale

No, Dodson's back at bantamweight, too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

double negative posted:

Dodson is fighting at 135 again now too

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ginette Reno posted:

He just didn't have the size and strength to get past Ferguson's guard even with him rocked like that.

Lando fuckin owns though

Naw he was just completely gassed and had no power right when Fergy was really wobbled.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Chokes McGee posted:

Dwarves are Scottish not Brazilian,wtf

I dunno he's from another kingdom or something. Lived in a different series of underground chambers than most.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Tatum Girlparts posted:

gently caress I thought this was tomorrow! I miss a lot of good poo poo?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Small sample size, but McDonald's posture in the stand up makes me question if he was supposed to be a good striker or not

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
honestly not much is happening at 135 right now they could easily give Dominick the Lineker fight after that performance/callout

homeboy better drop that extra pound though.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

-Atom- posted:

honestly not much is happening at 135 right now they could easily give Dominick the Lineker fight after that performance/callout

homeboy better drop that extra pound though.

Yeah, the only other guys with an argument for a title shot would be TJ, Caraway and Garbrandt. It would probably be a TJ rematch, but Lineker has a stronger argument than Caraway/Garbrandt.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Have a bantamweight focused main card for the title with Cruz/Lineker and Dodson/Dillashaw 2 imho.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Have to say that was a really enjoyable card.

That Lando dude was something else. Crazy style, awesome chin, and awesome to watch. Ferguson is no joke but he gave him a whole lot of trouble.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/753438757668487168

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fluffdaddy posted:

Small sample size, but McDonald's posture in the stand up makes me question if he was supposed to be a good striker or not

He's pretty good, but also guys with his kind of firepower can get away with a lot.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That Lando short notice guy was sick

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
joe silva is a genius, because I saw the pre-fight promo for Lando Venatta as was like "oh good another short notice no name who's going to get bodied" and then he comes out and fights like the drunken master who doesn't give a poo poo and gets FOTN. If he can perform like that again, he's gonna be the next Fabio Maldonado. Insanely fun poo poo

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It is loving hilarious how the last two fights on this random rear end fox card were far better than anything on ufc 200

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking back on the card a few hours later, there was only two arguably bad/uninteresting fights (Hut girls & the eastern bloc struggle) other than that a solid card that probably went unnoticed or missed by most.

I sort of feel like UFC should focus on a more regular/weekly schedule and avoid the "let's shove 3 events with 5 title fights this week, with a smaller show next week" approach but then again I am not worth 4 billion dollars :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharzak posted:

It is loving hilarious how the last two fights on this random rear end fox card were far better than anything on ufc 200

Did you miss Cain Velasquez throwing not one, but two loving wheelkicks against Travis Browne and finishing him in the first round?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just caught Ferguson vs Vannata. Tony was definitely in dangerous territory during that fight. Some refs would definitely have stopped that fight when he was hurt and I don't think that would have been a good decision, especially in light of him winning, it could have happened.

One hell of a way of making sure you get another fight for Lando. Looking forward to his next one.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i saw lineker vs mcdonald and all i could hear in my head was forrest griffin saying "what a stupid thing to do"

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

the eastern bloc struggle

I actually kinda enjoyed that. The Russian was getting absolutely pummeled but he always looked like he could pull off a submission of some sort.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ewar Woowar posted:

I actually kinda enjoyed that. The Russian was getting absolutely pummeled but he always looked like he could pull off a submission of some sort.

It probably wasn't that bad like I made it seem, but it was also marred because "lol heavyweights have no cardio" and they were both hoping to get a KO despite being gassed for two rounds.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i saw lineker vs mcdonald and all i could hear in my head was forrest griffin saying "what a stupid thing to do"

Lil

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Lando Vannata is cool as gently caress.

Lavender menace
Nov 7, 2012

by Lowtax
I think Fergusson survived merely by the fact rolling and flail wildly are standard operating procedure for him so referees give him the benefit of the doubt when he spends ten seconds in a semi-conscious state trying to work out which way is up.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Lando Vannata is cool as gently caress.

agreed

https://fat.gfycat.com/VioletJovialAmmonite.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dangersim posted:

It is kinda weak but you never know, you might discover a star.

GSP fought karo in his first ufc fight, jds fought werdum etc

• Locked thread