Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

RobattoJesus posted:

Well Nietzsche would probably have said we were all suffering from slave mentality and told us to replace our nihilism with a fascistic will to power so that's one option i guess.

you hosed up about Nietzsche

suck my goddamn balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVrjzOUZJI4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Applewhite posted:

I'm not complaining. Nihilism is awesome and probably true.

“Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!”

-Mikhail Bakunin

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

hemophilia posted:

God is real souls are real hope this helps

This isn't tru though???

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I was drawn to all the wrong things: I liked to drink, I was lazy, I didn't have a god, politics, ideas, ideals. I was settled into nothingness; a kind of non-being, and I accepted it. I didn't make for an interesting person. I didn't want to be interesting, it was too hard. What I really wanted was only a soft, hazy space to live in, and to be left alone. On the other hand, when I got drunk I screamed, went crazy, got all out of hand. One kind of behavior didn't fit the other. I didn't care.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Moridin920 posted:

lol life is meaningless and we're just specks of dust tumbling in an infinite void

The answer my friends is blowing in the wind :banjo:

hemophilia posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

hemophilia posted:

Both are true but neither add any deeper meaning to existence, hope THIS helps.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Dennis System posted:

I was drawn to all the wrong things: I liked to drink, I was lazy, I didn't have a god, politics, ideas, ideals. I was settled into nothingness; a kind of non-being, and I accepted it. I didn't make for an interesting person. I didn't want to be interesting, it was too hard. What I really wanted was only a soft, hazy space to live in, and to be left alone. On the other hand, when I got drunk I screamed, went crazy, got all out of hand. One kind of behavior didn't fit the other. I didn't care.

So what did you do?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

G-III posted:

As a survivor of two major economic downturns I realize that the traditional markers for "making it" in adult hood no longer exist and there's very little to care about or strive for other than the avoidance of pain or a reduction in momentary comfort.

I disagree. Even today, delaying gratification by investing money instead of seeking instant gratification with it almost always pays off, unless you are just incapable of making good decisions. Then when you hit middle age you can have all the younger people talking about how you have a "gently caress you/got mine" mentality because instead of spending all of your money on weed you actually put it into your retirement account like a square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Dennis System posted:

I was drawn to all the wrong things: I liked to drink, I was lazy, I didn't have a god, politics, ideas, ideals.

Don't feel bad about not having politics, they means nothing except to the people who feel like they need a club with which to belong, or rich people. Politics is the art of deception, and the main players only care about how big of a check you can write to their campaign fund or personal "charity."

• Locked thread