Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Pitdragon posted:

noted criminal, martha stewart. can she even vote?

She tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Does anyone like Martha Stewart besides sad drunk middle aged mothers?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

we're one of the only countries that has no paid annual leave, no maternity leave, and no guaranteed time off (though that is slowly changing I grant you) - even countries that work more hours on average per week still have these

50% of us check work emails/messages and even work from home on weekends and on sick days, and 20%+ feel 'expected to check work emails and messages on vacation'

we take less vacation on average, and retire later. we work longer days than the rest of the Western world. a second job or having both parents work a job to keep the household afloat is not uncommon, and is rapidly becoming the norm.

Sure, we maybe don't work as many hours per week on average compared to say South Korea (although a lot of our 'off clock' work like when we do work stuff at home is not part of those numbers) but to say that American workers are lazy is just some total crock. Americans work hard, especially poor Americans.

holy poo poo goondolonces kind gentle-sir. i would rather dig a ditch than check work emails on my off time.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lessee im gonna go with "gently caress you op"

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

holy poo poo goondolonces kind gentle-sir. i would rather dig a ditch than check work emails on my off time.

The miracle of becoming a salary employee is that your employer then expects you to dedicate your life to it.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Raldikuk posted:

The miracle of becoming a salary employee is that your employer then expects you to dedicate your life to it.

nah if you keep being a punk people keep treating you like one

i dont even check my email at work nobody gives a gently caress because i am cool and have skillz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
nothing in your employment contract says you have to check your email on vacation, if you "feel" like you have to thats because your a puss

enough with the "feelings" crimeny

• Locked thread