Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

My 2 (completely unasked for) cents: As a mod, anytime a player makes me have to come in and make some sort of this is true or not judgement, it should be reasonable to expect a modkill. A player faking a role-pm creates confusion, and can (it happened in Tokes' and I's mini) create a situation where players are waiting for you to weigh in and completely halted the game. That's not fair to everyone else, especially if you then have to say "no, they are lying."

I literally haven't read this thread, so I have no idea what the circumstances are, but if a player put me in that position, I would generally modkill, because it's lovely play that really shouldn't be tolerated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

My 2 (completely unasked for) cents: As a mod, anytime a player makes me have to come in and make some sort of this is true or not judgement, it should be reasonable to expect a modkill. A player faking a role-pm creates confusion, and can (it happened in Tokes' and I's mini) create a situation where players are waiting for you to weigh in and completely halted the game. That's not fair to everyone else, especially if you then have to say "no, they are lying."

I literally haven't read this thread, so I have no idea what the circumstances are, but if a player put me in that position, I would generally modkill, because it's lovely play that really shouldn't be tolerated.

I agree the mod should never have to tell the players whether something is true or not. Taste claimed as part of his role that once in the game he can post his role PM in its entirety uneditted. Its a clevar fake claim, and it explains why he is posting his (fake) role PM. The mod should have no reason to interfere and a player should be able to fake claim whatever they want.

Players can choose to believe it or not.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

TT, please don't troll Asiina. Let her be.

Re: "A cheaty play"

Like I mentioned in the dead doc, it was dirty pool, but it slides by on a technicality. I will make it a modkillable offense to fake role PMs in future games, but it was not explicitly banned in the standard mafia rules.

Yeah, I still can't believe it already wasn't already against the rules. Certainly felt like it should be. It was definitely against the spirit of them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

KB I hope you are not too mad at me because I like playing mafia with you. We have been getting into spats lately :(

Also I was made hated last night and part of my play was to try to get people to vote me for an accidental hammer on someone other than Kashuno. Was really my only viable play

Naw, we're cool.

Yeah, we do not communicate well in mafia. You read things into my words that aren't there and/or can't see the things that are. And because of your "gotcha" style the whole thing comes off really abrasive. It's extremely frustrating, but that's mafia I guess. :) Especially if you were deliberately trolling me there, then that was really one of your only options, you were kinda in a corner.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

Why did you leave the masonry Kash I was sad and also dead

To kill you

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

To kill you

Thats so mean

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*cough*
kashuno was kinda the hero of this game
*cough*

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
he killed me

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i was really mad at kashunos role but when i accepted it was basically a delayed dayvig (3 times?!) i got over it

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

he killed me

We redirected him to you he didn't do it on purpose

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We redirected him to you he didn't do it on purpose

What? I killed dongs d2 on purpose I couldn't be redirected

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

*cough*
kashuno was kinda the hero of this game
*cough*

:yeah: I removed a pgo, caught scum which outed the SK, and accepted being a sacrifice to kill the SK. I was gonna target PBS day 4 with my ability, but I decided town would flip out if I said I targeted someone again

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

What? I killed dongs d2 on purpose I couldn't be redirected

oh wait nvm. we redirected you to dongsbot and it was a success, but redundant.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

:yeah: I removed a pgo, caught scum which outed the SK, and accepted being a sacrifice to kill the SK. I was gonna target PBS day 4 with my ability, but I decided town would flip out if I said I targeted someone again

Except he wasn't really a PGO.

quote:

L.B. Jeffries - After a long, hot summer capped off by exposing a murder, you thought the fame that came with your outlandish story would ensure you and your best gal, Lisa, would live happily ever after. Not so, of course, as the city you knew one day died and you awoke in a strange new world. Fearful of the things you don’t recognize, you mostly keep to yourself, observing out your rear window, waiting for some sign that maybe one day your Lisa will return.

ABILITY 1 - I’ve Seen It Through That Window - Each night you may watch a target. You will find out who, if anyone, visited them at night but not what action was performed.

ABILITY 2 - Come On. Answer It. - You may send a message to any player, no more than ten words. If they respond to your message, you one of three things will occur:
If they are town, they will be able to send a message back.
If they are scum, you will die.
If they are 3P, they choose whether to send you a message or if you die.
You may use both of your abilities on the same night.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
o

well he was bad to fake claim PGO

And I still removed Infinitum from a game so it's a net positive for town

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

u removed me, best player 2016, too tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dongsbot 9000 posted:

To be fair, I knew you were reliable to make 15 posts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dongsbot 9000 posted:

killing dongs is truly always unacceptable it is known

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

incredibly twisted i was led to believe the first test was dont post a certain amount because infi died midday but it was secretly post a certain amount for me and i still died midday

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Kash we are no longer friends (we were never friends)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

Kash we are no longer friends (we were never friends)

hosed up if false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kash I am your best friend.

• Locked thread