Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

They started hot, but Atlanta exposed the defense's weakness, CJ Anderson died, the o-line was trash and Siemian is nothing more than a quality backup. It was fun while it lasted :smith:

Oh yeah, this reminds me of how correct i was about about Denver. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

schweens posted:

Patriots, Bengals, Chiefs, and Texans win their divisions. Steelers Raiders wild card.

Cardinals Packers Giants Panthers win their divisions. Seahawks Saints wild card.

MVP is gronk
Roty is tyler boyd

Packers win the super bowl

These are my predictions. Place your bets accordingly.

Ps Goff will suck and the chargers will draft first

Like most people the cardinals/bengals fooled me. My idea that Gronk would dominate without and with Brady was put on IR.

The Cowboys made me look really stupid

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Coldforge posted:

Be still my heart. You think this is possible? Dare I dream?

Coldforge posted:

My prediction: "With the first pick of the 2017 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame."

Holding strong.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

They started hot, but Atlanta exposed the defense's weakness, CJ Anderson died, the o-line was trash and Siemian is nothing more than a quality backup. It was fun while it lasted :smith:

I blame Anderson and the Oline. After watching last year and seeing the Osweiler experiment in Houston, no one can say QBs played a part in their success.

schweens posted:

Like most people the cardinals/bengals fooled me.

I still don't understand how either team disappeared.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I know it's 20/20 hindsight and I'm a Seahawks fan and everything, but why did so many people pick the Cardinals over the Seahawks to win the NFC West this year? Is it that Marshawn Lynch retired?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skwirl posted:

I know it's 20/20 hindsight and I'm a Seahawks fan and everything, but why did so many people pick the Cardinals over the Seahawks to win the NFC West this year? Is it that Marshawn Lynch retired?

Because they won the division easily last year and there was nothing to indicate any kind of regression this past offseason

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Skwirl posted:

Seattle's sitting at nine wins, currently. They're the decent team in a poo poo division, not exactly crazy to think the cards would be better if they didn't plummet off a cliff.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Because they won the division easily last year and there was nothing to indicate any kind of regression this past offseason

Plus it looked like the team addressed some of the issues that plagued them late in that year and in the playoffs, like trading for Chandler Jones, drafting Nkemdiche (though he hasn't seen the field much this season). Sometimes injuries happen and stuff doesn't work out.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Skwirl posted:

Being a Seahawk fan blinds you from the glaring truth that your team isn't very good. Where as the Cards should have been one of the 3 best teams in the league.

Frankly I'm just going to blame some Area 51 poo poo on why they suck this year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Genocide Tendency posted:

Being a Seahawk fan blinds you from the glaring truth that your team isn't very good. Where as the Cards should have been one of the 3 best teams in the league.

Frankly I'm just going to blame some Area 51 poo poo on why they suck this year.

"Should have been" got an early vacation.

"Isn't very good" will keep playing.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Seahawks are average, but the NFC is pretty terrible overall this year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
People forgot that Carson Palmer is old, and that most of his seasons he was very average anyway.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Overall Lions Prediction:
- 6-10 is my guess at a minimum. I'd say 10-6 with a 1st round wildcard loss is the ceiling. Correctish.
- 3-3 in the division games Correct. 2 losses vs Packers, 1 vs Bears
- Lions win Thanksgiving game vs the Vikings Correct
- Offense is worse than average of the league (22nd-17th) Debatable. 5th in yards per drive. 21st in YPG. 7th in drive success rate. Hail Stafford gently caress the dropsies the receivers had this year.
- Defense is better than average of the league (15th-12th) Ahahaha. Way wrong. 30th in the league in drive success rate right there with NO and Washington.
- Special Teams is below average (24th-32nd) Incorrect. They were pretty close to best in the league thanks to Sam Martin, Don Carey, and Matt Prater.
- Jim Caldwell gets fired Black Monday if no playoffs, for my guess Matt Patricia. This is Quinn's freebie year. Incorrect if the rumors are true.
- Lions draft at 15th Making the playoffs should make this incorrect.

NFC North Division Predictions:
1. Vikings Incorrect
2. Packers Incorrect
3. Lions Incorrect
4. Bears Correct

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

they didn't really expect mike floyd to regress, john brown to get sickle cell trait, veldheer to go on IR, mathis to IR, the rest of the OL to never gel together, all the cornerbacks they signed in free agency to go on IR, matheiu to get hurt early and go on IR, the insane special teams issues, etc. basically everything that could go wrong ended up going wrong, and asking if it's lynch retiring that made people discount the seahawks shows a pretty poor understanding of the seahawks flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

swickles posted:

[On the NFC East] Naw, they will have a precog determine if the Pats are in the Super Bowl. If so, the Giants go forth and win the Super Bowl. If not, then its a 3 way rock paper scissor to determine the first round exit.

Still possibly right.

• Locked thread