Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think's gonna win?
Okada
Tanahashi
Naito
Shibata
Tenzan
Field
View Results

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Kenny rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I want Omega to win, but I think it will be Naito.

Feels good man

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
That NJPW vs. NOAH tag and all the postmatch was so great. Match had an uncooperative vibe and super passionate heat the likes of which you don't really see these days. Felt like something from 10+ years ago in the best possible way. Best thing on the show for me.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

That NJPW vs. NOAH tag and all the postmatch was so great. Match had an uncooperative vibe and super passionate heat the likes of which you don't really see these days. Felt like something from 10+ years ago in the best possible way. Best thing on the show for me.

yes. I wish I could've woke up 15 minutes later as I missed it live but caught the mediocre tag title match prior to intermission. Great stuff with fantastic heat and Shibata totally redeemed himself after a kinda underwhelming G1.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Thauros posted:

Anyone who missed the NJPW vs. NOAH match in the first half go back and watch it and the post match. Amazing poo poo. Shibata was actually mildly disappointing in the G1 to me but this is the poo poo I want to see from him

Thanks for pointing this out. That was pretty awesome stuff. I liked how the match shifted gears once Shibata got the tag. With the energy from the crowd and his way of stiffing the gently caress outta those guys right away. That kind of angry energy is enough to turn me around on Shibata who is kind of bland for me sometimes.

I'd really be interested to see Shibata leading a NJPW crew vs NOAH angle. Would be a good way to get people to watch NOAH who don't. Like me.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I feel bad for Goto but pretty okay with Kenny winning and making G1 history. Poor Goto. He just can't catch a break. Very mixed feelings watching that match but I guess my older Omega shirt just shot up in value and ups my wrestling nerd cred.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the boos for goto were interesting. much of it was them responding to his heelish targeting but given the cheers for kenny i think the smarks are also down on goto some. same crowd big behind naito were lukewarm on him so i think Kenny winning is probably a satisfactory consolation prize for them. in retrospect goto was the perfect opponent for a surprise heel gaijin win given how his choker character affected the expectations and reactions

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 14, 2016

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm....really attracted to this bleeding handsome Japanese man. I don't follow too much, who is this so I can look at home more.

Also yay Kenny! Glad he's doing just fine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm....really attracted to this bleeding handsome Japanese man. I don't follow too much, who is this so I can look at home more.

That's Katsuyori Shibata

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh my good gosh.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Most beautiful head of hair in the industry

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

the boos for goto were interesting. much of it was them responding to his heelish targeting but given the cheers for kenny i think the smarks are also down on goto some. same crowd big behind naito were lukewarm on him so i think Kenny winning is probably a satisfactory consolation prize for them. in retrospect goto was the perfect opponent for a surprise heel gaijin win given how his choker character affected the expectations and reactions

He's still 100% heel but I think the respect for his work, coupled with his willingness to acclimate to the culture, have made Japanese fans like Kenny. They've been doing the T2 "DUN-DUN-DUN" along with him before his dive for a while now.

Kenny Omega for Lou Thesz/Most Outstanding

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i saw kenny omega wrestle for my local saskatchewan dirtfed in 2005 and therefore i take 100% credit for his victory

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

checksin posted:

i saw kenny omega wrestle for my local saskatchewan dirtfed in 2005 and therefore i take 100% credit for his victory

Dammit that's my gimmick

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Also yay Kenny! Glad he's doing just fine.

Shibata is gorgeous and was 1/2 of my favorite wrestling match of all time

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Once again G1 turns out to be the best thing in wrestling.

Tokyo Dome is shaping up nicely from a great match standpoint but hope they can figure out an angle or one-off that's good for a few thousand more seats.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

NickRoweFillea posted:

which one?

theminx
Jun 7, 2007
I has a bucket.

NickRoweFillea posted:

If I were to wager, it would either be v Ishii from the G1 in 2013 or their Wrestle Kingdom bout this year.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Rewatched Omega/Goto last night; even better the second time. Did anyone catch that he did a Rick Rude style Rude Awakening as a nod to the other North American that has gone to the finals? Did he bust out any nods to Anderson that I missed?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think Rocky even called out that he did the Rick Rude thing by saying it was 'for Chono' or something. I didn't see any Anderson references but I think he may have also done half of more bang for your buck before the ibushi/devitt/styles quotes

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Super No Vacancy posted:

I think Rocky even called out that he did the Rick Rude thing by saying it was 'for Chono' or something. I didn't see any Anderson references but I think he may have also done half of more bang for your buck before the ibushi/devitt/styles quotes

I think you're right with Rocky calling out the Rude spot. I still can't get over the sheer volume of amazing wrestling was in those 3 nights. My time for wrestling viewing is fairly limited, and every time I watch NJPW, I ask myself, "why on earth do I still have WWE Network?"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I watched night 1 and night 2,then I watched the 3 final shows. What other matches are worth watching?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

SalTheBard posted:

I watched night 1 and night 2,then I watched the 3 final shows. What other matches are worth watching?

Okada/Ishii definitely. Can't remember what night that was.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/765726952736952320

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/765727205817094144

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

EdsTeioh posted:

I think you're right with Rocky calling out the Rude spot. I still can't get over the sheer volume of amazing wrestling was in those 3 nights. My time for wrestling viewing is fairly limited, and every time I watch NJPW, I ask myself, "why on earth do I still have WWE Network?"

I say the same thing :smith: This was my first G1 and it was so drat good.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I was playing catch up on the G1 and most of the way through I had decided that no matter how much I liked wrestling, no matter how good Ishii Okada was, I was never watching a full G1 again. Then I hit the first semi final through the end, and now I can't wait for next year.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

theminx posted:

If I were to wager, it would either be v Ishii from the G1 in 2013 or their Wrestle Kingdom bout this year.

Bingo! G1 v. Ishii from 2013

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Helicity posted:

I say the same thing :smith: This was my first G1 and it was so drat good.

I've had World since day 1, and I think I've only watched Wrestlemania live since I've had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theminx
Jun 7, 2007
I has a bucket.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bingo! G1 v. Ishii from 2013

I remember waiting for Real Hero to upload the G1 back in ol 2013 so I could watch that match, It got an insane amount of buzz and was really like no wrestling match I've seen before. I'm so glad that NJPW World is an easy to use service, even for a non japanese speaker.

• Locked thread