Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
Like maybe we should switch it so we fly them half mast on the few days we don't have some awful tragedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

your mom raised my flag to full mast and a tragedy ensued

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
reported for communism op

cnut
May 3, 2016

It's the thought that counts.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Macasaurus posted:

ayyyyy

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i heard the op pees on the toilet seat on purpose!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Macasaurus posted:

fukkin noice

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
BECAUSE THESE COLORS DON""T RUN human being!!!!!!!!!11

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why do we fly flags anywhere but at airports or government offices? What, some country is going to fly into Oklahoma and be confused and look at a flag and say, oh yeah, this is america.

Flying the flag makes you look like a loving moron so it has that going for it. Also, the US flag is ugly and garish.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

Macasaurus posted:

#shouldhaveaborted

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
We should make flag poles twice as tall, so even when there's a tragedy the flag will still be visible.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sunswipe posted:

We should make flag poles twice as tall, so even when there's a tragedy the flag will still be visible.

Eddie Hitler?

Aug 4, 2010

whats the correct etiquette around half mast

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Eddie Hitler?

Edward Elizabeth Hitler, yes.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Nooner posted:

fukkin noice

Barely adequate avatar. Where's the cookie? Is it trying to drink something?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

It's half-staff not half mast. Ships have masts, flagpoles have staffs.

LurkBot
Jan 4, 2007
Something has gone horribly wrong.
A good reason to fly a national flag is to let people know you are not a pirate. Or possibly if you are a pirate and want people to let their guard down so you can ambush them.

In the US prior to 1932 displaying a flag on private land required donating 1% of your pre-tax income per square yard to fight Bilious Fever, Goat Tummy, and Indians. Modern efforts to reinstate a meaningful flag tax have been stalled by a coalition of the Used Car Lot Lobby and the surviving members of the Apache Nation.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There won't be a place low enough for the flag when Jimmy Carter dies

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

Why do we fly flags anywhere but at airports or government offices? What, some country is going to fly into Oklahoma and be confused and look at a flag and say, oh yeah, this is america.

Flying the flag makes you look like a loving moron so it has that going for it. Also, the US flag is ugly and garish.

Go to Boise some time and observe a bunch of blonde people walking around with shirts that say IDAHO

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

LurkBot posted:

A good reason to fly a national flag is to let people know you are not a pirate. Or possibly if you are a pirate and want people to let their guard down so you can ambush them.

In the US prior to 1932 displaying a flag on private land required donating 1% of your pre-tax income per square yard to fight Bilious Fever, Goat Tummy, and Indians. Modern efforts to reinstate a meaningful flag tax have been stalled by a coalition of the Used Car Lot Lobby and the surviving members of the Apache Nation.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Go to Boise some time and observe a bunch of blonde people walking around with shirts that say IDAHO

Seems like a start of a Big Bang Theory episode.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Macasaurus posted:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i drive by a car dealership and some other place that has a flag on my way to/from work 5 days a week and im seriously wondering 'why is it half mast wtf' probably half the time I look at the flags

• Locked thread