Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Despite Trump as their nominee the party adopted one of their most overtly anti-lbgt platforms in history and his VP is someone primarily known for his anti-lbgt stances. He isn't leading them out of the dark ages just because they cheered a line about protecting gays from Muslims.

Also Russia "respects" Trump because they know he'll sit back and let Putin have his way.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

oswald ownenstein posted:

NBP members tweet about killing white people and getting rid of the white problem and even wikipedia has information about their anti-white rhetoric and guest speakers.

I eagerly await whatever silly spin you try to put on this

Trump brought up LGBTQ at a loving Republican National Convention rally - got thunderous applause - and then said "I'm really proud of you for cheering that" and got even more applause

And you dismiss this as 'well he lies'

I think I have some insight into your state of mind now

This is a really wordy way of sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'nuh-uh-uh'

NPB and other anti-white black racists overwhelmingly voted for Obama. That doesn't make Obama a racist anymore than it makes Trump a racist if some has-been KKK supports him.

This is why it gets brought up.

But thanks for being a caricature of every liberal screaming racism at the top of their lungs towards anyone on the Other Team

It's hard to say, because it can go either way - in terms of either he'll execute like a CEO and get poo poo done, or get stuck in the mire and accomplish nothing.

But:

Being the anti-Obama on a foreign policy level will help on its own - no more of this apologizing to countries nonsense. Russia already respects Trump far more than they ever respected Obama, so those relations will most likely improve as I think Trump is a masterful negotiator and won't have any problem with Putin

On a domestic front, we'll definitely see some populist protectionism come into play - he's going to execute on that. We'll see our immigration laws actually get enforced, but I would expect some immigration reform so that legal immigration is streamlined.

But more importantly I think we'll see a return of that 80s American pride again because Trump says what is on his mind and isn't afraid to call anyone out. I mean, this forum will still be a cesspool of self-loathing and depression, but in the outside world I think we'll see a lot of unity in the post-Trump America.

You're a really low effort troll, you realize that?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Last I checked Trump is polling higher with blacks than any Republican candidate in the past 4 elections. Did he stir them up to by proposing that we follow our own border laws?

Last I checked he polled at literally 0% among blacks, so I think you might be wrong.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Who What Now posted:

Last I checked he polled at literally 0% among blacks, so I think you might be wrong.

Oh come on there's a margin of Error. Stacey Dash and Omarosa's probably gonna vote for him right?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Who What Now posted:

You live in some weird delusional world

Are you going to be okay when Trump wins?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You live in some weird delusional world

No, I live pretty firmly in reality.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Just FYI, Trump's wall comes up in exactly one sentence in the Republican Platform. Anti gay policoes are talked about throughout basically the entire thing. Seriously read it, they bring it up constantly. There is no way in hell gay marriage would survive a Trump presidency, Republicans want it gone more than anything else. Their platform literally mention antigay policies more often than any other issue.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Is your reality a world where 80 people is a statistically significant sample size?

SSNeoman posted:

Just FYI, Trump's wall comes up in exactly one sentence in the Republican Platform. Anti gay policoes are talked about throughout basically the entire thing. Seriously read it, they bring it up constantly. There is no way in hell gay marriage would survive a Trump presidency, Republicans want it gone more than anything else. Their platform literally mention antigay policies more often than any other issue.

The worst that would ever happen with gay marriage is Trump would leave it up to states

I'll donate $1k to your charity or political organization of choice if Trump doesn't even bring it up in his first year - or better yet, it gets brought up by Republicans and Trump refuses to do anything about it other than say it's a states rights issue.

If I'm right you have to come here and post that you were a silly little baby and that you were wrong.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Trump will almost immediately appoint a justice who wants to overturn obergefell v hodges

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Trump will almost immediately appoint a justice who wants to overturn obergefell v hodges

Trump will appoint a conservative justice to replace a dead conservative justice

And nothing will happen that didn't already happen.

Fortunately some middle of the road guys were appointed (by conservatives - right?) that tend to go left on issues you care about

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

I'm entirely confident that roberts, at least, is enough in love with the idea of creating a legacy that he won't overturn obergefell, if for nothing else than the nightmare of spontaneously annuling half a million marriages is too much of a table flip for him, and overturning a ruling that quickly.

Like, poo poo's gonna be real bad for lgbt people (and most people) under a trump presidency, but at this point the right of gays to marry is a settled part of the 14th amendment.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bushiz posted:

I'm entirely confident that roberts, at least, is enough in love with the idea of creating a legacy that he won't overturn obergefell, if for nothing else than the nightmare of spontaneously annuling half a million marriages is too much of a table flip for him, and overturning a ruling that quickly.

Like, poo poo's gonna be real bad for lgbt people (and most people) under a trump presidency, but at this point the right of gays to marry is a settled part of the 14th amendment.

It won't matter if the Court goes 6-3 Conservative.

RBG has made signs that she's close to stepping down. She might try and hold out 4-8 years if Trump gets elected but yeaaaa.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Welp, somebody has no idea who Mike Pence is.

The only time Trump has brought up protecting the LGBTQ community is in the context of his anti-Muslim soapbox. Freepers do the same drat thing, sometimes in the same post as calling for all gays to be killed/imprisoned. He's not supporting them, he's using their tragedies to fear monger about Islamic terrorism. This is exactly what he did in his speech (while saying LGBTQ like he has never in his life heard the term before, let alone said it out loud). As for abortion, he got a lot of press a few months ago when he said that the mother should be punished for having one. I'm not sure where you get the idea that Trump is totally going to get rid of these staples of the Republican platform, especially considering who he picked for his VP (hint: a guy who is most well known nationally for having called for and supported legalizing discrimination in his state, and who has made it extremely difficult to get an abortion there for any reason).

I guess this means you're also in favor of legalizing torture above and beyond waterboarding and deliberately killing the families of terrorists. Yay, war crimes for everyone (again). I'm also genuinely curious how you think Trump will raise America's standing in the eyes of the world by refusing to say whether he'd support our allies or not (making a confrontation with Russia more likely, mind you).

Finally, again genuinely curious, what's your take on how ISIS has made it very open and clear that they want Muslims to be feared, hated, and discriminated against in the West because it helps their cause and gains them more recruits, and yet this is exactly the method that Trump and fellow party members want to go with? They've already used Trump in recruitment videos. Are they just lying? Because that does, you know, actually lead to more radicalization, which leads to more ISIS members, regardless of what ISIS says or doesn't say.

P.S. I lied, I'd also like to know how Trump will end crime and violence as soon as he takes office.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm willing to take that bet by the way. Sure, I'll gladly eat my words you can :toxx: me on this if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Finally, my big break, an unpaid internship with the shining beacon of republican values Ted "The Cruise" Cruz

• Locked thread