Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgSS1pDkMgQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah let me just tune into a teen serial drama about comic book heroes.
Not!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Preacher started good, if different then turned real bad and still different

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
*does sweet overhead kick slam on everyone in thread*

e: i watched and liked both seasons, and i'm glad punisher is getting his own show

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Drunken Baker posted:

Preacher started good, if different then turned real bad and still different

I'm still watching it but something awesome needs to happen pretty dang quick. I like all the characters and I really do look forward to watching it but nothing really happens. Everyone is just still where they started.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
i gave marvel's netflix series a go because 'omg they're better than other superhero series"

turns out that's literally it.

they're better than unwatchable garbage like flash and arrow and gotham (is that still on? lol) but that's still p bad

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Peebla posted:

I'm still watching it but something awesome needs to happen pretty dang quick. I like all the characters and I really do look forward to watching it but nothing really happens. Everyone is just still where they started.

At the end of Episode 10 there's literally a "next time on..." that unironically says something akin to, "SOMETHING FINALLY HAPPENS"

Also don't get too attached to the characters because they take a turn for the despicable real quick.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
It's a little weird that they show things like gruesome torture and guys getting shot in the face point blank with a shotgun but don't like anyone saying "gently caress" or showing titties I wish they would say gently caress and show titties like Punisher says "ur fuckin dead bitch" and shoots a guy and the blood splashes all over some bare titties and then he cums on em.

Jessica Jones was kind of ok I guess??? That show liked having people pee in the pants and panties they did it a few times in one season was weird I think it's because a woman wrote it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

Jessica Jones was good. David Tennant was amazing.

He seemed like the only one in the cast who had any degree of energy. Maybe women just relate to perpetually exhausted broken heroines?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I got bored with JJ halfway through when, just like Preacher, nothing was happening.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
First season was better overall but the second season Punisher stuff by itself was really great making the second season superior if you ignore the meandering ninja plotline I guess

I'm glad it exists and I like the show's take on the kingpin character

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Flash is really bad.

Arrow is also bad, but it's extra bad when Flash and that weird Bargain Bin Ironman (who is supposed to be The Atom) are in it. Flash and Arrow have a completely different tone. They don't mesh at all, it's like if Wile E. Coyote showed up on an episode of Breaking Bad to score some meth to help him catch the Roadrunner or something. They even spell it out in the actual show, like it's supposed to explain it.

"Well, uh, you see, YOUR city is nice and cheerful but MY city is dark and violent! And, uh, I guess when there's people with SUPERPOWERS involved it makes things feel less real and more upbeat!"

No, you're not justifying the problem with that flimsy bullshit, you're just rubbing our nose in it.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm glad it exists and I like the show's take on the kingpin character

the kingpin backstory episode in season 1 was pretty cool, i gotta say

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Sour Diesel posted:

the first half of season 2 was pretty good and then they went overboard with the ninjas

yeah, season 2 sucked once they caught the punisher

even once they put more punisher stuff back in, he was still pretty bad. First half owned but they didn't go anywhere with him once he escaped from jail.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
PunisherOldBoyHallwayFight.wmv

Looking forward to the Punisher stand alone series. I hope we see Barracuda.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The Flash is fun. It's cheesy and goofy and light hearted and fun and goddamn it we need more television like it

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
So there isn't a 5 minute, one cut scene where the Flash horribly murders a prison wing full of perps?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The Flash is fun. It's cheesy and goofy and light hearted and fun and goddamn it we need more television like it

I'd make a Flash bingo card, but it'd be one big box that says "Does believe in himself". The show needs to just do something else instead of

flash doesn't goes fast enough
flash needs to believe himself
flash believes in himself
flash goes fast and beats the bad guy

also STOP RUNNING UP TO THE BAD GUY, AND STANDING STILL IN FIGHTS YOU ARE THE FLASH RUN AT FULL SPEED AND PUNCH THEIR HEADS APART

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah. TV has been a real Joy Division album since Barney and the Teletubbies went away.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I enjoyed the part in the stairwell where Daredevil beat up like a billion guys

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Daredevil was alright. The acting was really bad though, especially Vincent D'Whatever. I mighr watch season 2 for punisher if he's as good as everyone says.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Jessica Jones spoiler: If you want to know if a white guy in the city is evil and/or hosed up in the head, see if he has any lines.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Drunken Baker posted:

I got bored with JJ halfway through when, just like Preacher, nothing was happening.

It was actually pretty good until episode 7, then it just goes full stupid. All the characters begin acting in ways that make no sense ala "Hey I Know...I'll go to jail for murder! That always works!". The bad guy gets caught and escapes like three times. So you have a bad guy that is too dumb to not get caught, and good guys that are to dumb to not let him escape. People with powers that can snap a master lock with one hand, and then strain to pull off a shower curtain rod one scene later. One episode they suddenly know exactly how Dr. Who's powers work, the next episode they know at the beginning but then don't know anymore, and the next episode they find out what his powers are and act all surprised. Jesus, the writers couldn't be bothered to remember what they'd written the page before. And when you need to drive the plot by a character "letting it slip" that he'd helped commit a murder by shouting in a crowded bar, you probably need to stop doing so much smack before work.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Red Suit posted:

Daredevil was alright. The acting was really bad though, especially Vincent D'Whatever. I mighr watch season 2 for punisher if he's as good as everyone says.

It's good but you have my permission to stop once Punisher goes to jail

In fact I recommend it

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
First Season is pretty good if you like a medium intensity crime drama without the endless moralizing of batman.

Second sucks because suddenly ninjas everywhere and a David Carradine ripoff but they get the Punisher so it's fun to watch him murder the gently caress out of literally dozens of assholes.

Jessica Jones was pure poo poo and literally exists to bait in the David Tennant tumblr crew.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Great another show where Vampire Jessica can tease us for years by never really giving us a good look at the goods.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
vincent donofrio is good in it

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I disagree

Edit: unless fisk is supposed to be autistic or something then maybe i can get behind it

naem
May 29, 2011

Frankenstyle posted:

It was actually pretty good until episode 7, then it just goes full stupid. All the characters begin acting in ways that make no sense ala "Hey I Know...I'll go to jail for murder! That always works!". The bad guy gets caught and escapes like three times. So you have a bad guy that is too dumb to not get caught, and good guys that are to dumb to not let him escape. People with powers that can snap a master lock with one hand, and then strain to pull off a shower curtain rod one scene later. One episode they suddenly know exactly how Dr. Who's powers work, the next episode they know at the beginning but then don't know anymore, and the next episode they find out what his powers are and act all surprised. Jesus, the writers couldn't be bothered to remember what they'd written the page before. And when you need to drive the plot by a character "letting it slip" that he'd helped commit a murder by shouting in a crowded bar, you probably need to stop doing so much smack before work.

It would be fun to write a show that starts strong and then stops making any sense at all but have the actors really act he hell out of their lines as it makes led and less sense like performance art

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I was onboard with the show completely until the season two finale episode.

They dropped the ball so hard with the Punisher not using that loving minigun on a hoard of ninjas that I don't think I can stomach ever going back to rewatch it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Vakal posted:

I was onboard with the show completely until the season two finale episode.

They dropped the ball so hard with the Punisher not using that loving minigun on a hoard of ninjas that I don't think I can stomach ever going back to rewatch it.

Yeah, ninja bullshit ruined season two but mowing them all down like in the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie might have saved it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Stranger Things is better than both DD and JJ. Watch that instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKtq-bZgS8I

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

naem posted:

It would be fun to write a show that starts strong and then stops making any sense at all but have the actors really act he hell out of their lines as it makes led and less sense like performance art

How about a short film written entirely by AI based on a bunch of sci-fi manuscripts fed into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7x2Ihqjmc

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Surprised to see so much hate for arrow itt, I've only seen the first season but I thought it was pretty decent. Choreography is good, a superhero that understands sometimes killing badguys is necessary, hot training montages. Sure the acting isn't stellar but none of the superhero shows are amazing at that.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ArbitraryC posted:

Surprised to see so much hate for arrow itt, I've only seen the first season but I thought it was pretty decent. Choreography is good, a superhero that understands sometimes killing badguys is necessary, hot training montages. Sure the acting isn't stellar but none of the superhero shows are amazing at that.

The first and second seasons are really good, like exciting TV good. The third season starts off decent, but then just tanks, the fourth season promised to recover, but instead it just is dumpster fire.

Oh also they kill off Laurel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Red Suit posted:

I disagree

Edit: unless fisk is supposed to be autistic or something then maybe i can get behind it

He is %100 autistic but uses his autism powers for eeeevil.

THis is the origins of Daredevil AND Fisk.

• Locked thread