Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

GodFish posted:

Got closer to the team, thanks to Mithril, shift labels!

+Mundane/-Superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

*Click*

The TV screen flickers on, just as a title card in a bold font fades out.

Then, flames rush in from offscreen, quickly engulfing the entire scene. Suddenly, the flames part as if a red curtain, revealing the dark background. Then, a spotlight snaps on, revealing Flaire as she struts towards the camera, snapping her fingers all the while. The camera zooms in on her flashing smile and, as she leans into the camera, her chest. She make a little spin, fanning her hair out which transitions to...

Tatsu stalking through a dark, raining alley with a hood pulled over his head. The vague outline of the team is behind him looking vaguely concerned. He then makes a sharp turn around the corner, and once out of sight, he punches the wall in frustration. He pauses for a moment and then walks past the camera, transitioning to...

Susanna Collins, staring with half lidded eyes eyed at the camera. She's not moving as the background moves in hyperspeed from piano recital to dinner with her family to a movie with Casey. Casey looks away for a moment, and Susanna's eyes snap open as she darts out of frame. She reappears as Barracuda, front-flipping off a tall building at night, looking vital and awake for the first time. Her spin carries her in front of the camera, transitioning to...

Chimera leaps into a fray of enemies, growing multiple tentacle arms and grabbing a bunch of them. Shots bounce off her suddenly stone-hard skin, throwing up sparks. Her arms lengthen and flow into claws that drag the ground and dig out gouges in the asphalt before

A silhouette standing on the roof of a skyscraper against a full moon. Red goggles flash in the shadow, and then the light reveals Silver Bolt, who smirks and then jumps, running down the side of the building. Gargoyles and bat-like monsters attack him but he dodges them all and starts shooting his hand crossbow. One of the gargoyles falls in front of the camera, transitioning to...

A falling steel sword that stops right before impaling itself upon the ground. Hovering for a moment, it turns in midair and launches back up towards a burning building. It is joined by quartet of swords fly in from off-screen and slice a hole in the wall that Mithril jumps through. The camera pauses on a shot of the building for a moment, then she leaps out of an upper window carrying a small child in her arms and the child's parents float down beside her. Damascus looks on from a distant rooftop in an inscrutable pose.

A quick montage of images:
A black and white scene of Tatsu and Flaire fighting someone off screen
Silver Bolt glaring at the camera down the sights of his crossbows
Chimera and Mithril walking down a hallway, looking around for whoever is watching them
Barracuda tumbling out of a space rift and falling at someone's feet

It then fades in to...

Barracuda and Silver Bolt, you're both on a rooftop across the street from Lazarus Corp's headquarters. The large, glass building is a mirror-y black in the moonless night, but you can see slight flashes of light through the glass. Probably guards. Or people working late. Or... something else?

Barracuda, so, what's the plan here, anyway? That looks like a big building. Got any suspicions on where you should start looking? I mean, you're kind of on a time crunch. The Mayor's re-election campaign starts tomorrow with a huge party thrown by his donors, and as you've already got an invite as his future daughter-in-law SON'S GIRLFRIEND, you just need to know what to look for when you slip away to do some snooping. I mean, it's not like you have anything else to worry about right now, right? You... have been on top of things... right?
Roll for time passing, and we'll see just how on top of things you've been.

Silver Bolt, so, I know you did promise you'd help keep watch for this stunt and everything, but you've got to be mentally griping about how you're coming through for Barracuda when she needs you, right?
How do you feel about getting out of the house for a bit? I mean, your mom is basically the worst patient ever, and ever since she's recovered enough to sit up straight by herself, she's been putting you and your sister through grueling drills. Rapid fire accuracy tests, upside-down lock-picking, id-ing creatures based off of a single flash of a slide. She's letting you sleep and go to school, but otherwise, the last week has been nothing but these drills. At one point, Veronica even muttered to you about taking her back where you found her.
Have talked to anyone about your new girlfriend? What's Veronica think?
What's the plan for your stakeout, anyway?
Don't forget to roll for time passing.

Flaire and Tatsu, the Halycon City Film Fest is downtown at the Convention Center! It's sort of a red carpet affair catering to the kind of people who have the money to make this sort of thing happen, but there's plenty of people in street clothes who are just here to see the films. At least a dozen films are expected to be favorites when award seasons rolls around, and the conversation outside the convention center is one giant argument about which deserves best picture, who deserves best actor, actress. There's even a few people arguing about who had the best hair and makeup, but they're definitely in the minority.

Tatsu and Flaire, what director's movie are you here to see? Which film made that director one of your favorites? What do you consider a understandable (...maybe even noble?) mistake?

Tatsu...How'd you get tickets to this anyway? Did you bring anyone with you? What are you doing right now?

Flaire, which celeb do you HAVE to get a selfie with tonight for your fans? What's getting in your way?

Mithril and Chimera, for what it is, the waiting room of the League's medical wing is lively enough. There's a pair of televisions showing unoffensive cable shows and the constant bustle of nurses and doctors at work. But the two of you are going a bit deeper inside, to the quiet, maybe even tranquil, counseling wing. The sound of running water gently plays over the speakers while the sterile white walls have the occasional burst of color from a vivid landscape mural on the wall. You've both signed in, and aside from the receptionist, it's just the two of you in the room.

Chimera, they've had you coming here for a while, ever since you escaped the Royal Medical Institute. Do you think you are getting anything out of coming here, or is it just another thing that they have you do because you're the weird monster person?

Did you ever expect to see Mithril in the waiting room? What plans do you have after this?

Mithril, have you been here before? Which telepath do you recognize from your training? Would you feel more comfortable working with someone you know or someone you don't?

Did you ever expect to see Chimera in the waiting room? What plans do you have after this?

Also, if I brushed over something that you want to be resolved or come up, just let me know.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 6, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fre: -2 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: League Counseling Wing

Another month, another scheduled meeting with my therapist team. I'd got a card a few days ago that it was just going to be the lead, Limina, rather than the full lot of them. That's fine by me. I've had a few days to sit and digest things, but it's still going to be a heavy session. Hopefully keeping things intimate will help. There's everything with Damascus, of course, but that's just scratching the surface. It's going to lead into talking about the full psionic link that Tatsu and I shared. I mean, you don't do something like that without coming out a little different. It's really weird remembering watching a bunch of movies I've never seen. And, yeah, I've gotta talk to her about Cuda. As much as I can, anyway. I'm not about to share her identity with anyone else, so I've got to keep things pretty vague by necessity.

Just another day in the life of a Class 2 psychic! In a way, I really envy the Class 3s and 4s. They don't have the same raw power I do, sure, but they aren't as... Well. I guess that's the rub. If I was weaker, I would have been basically just a normal kid. Not Mithril. It's been a while since I thought about things like that. I love so much of my life right now and I've met some people who are really important to me. I can't even imagine what it would be like, honestly. Would I be a hero junkie like Roxy? A cool, popular girl? I don't even know.

Speaking of Class 3s, I ran into Texa on my way in. I think her session just finished up. Yeah, okay, her official moniker is Cortex, but nobody calls her that. We started in the League around the same time, but like I've said... Or, really, implied, her training was a lot less regimented. She got a few long weekends at first to get the basic mental exercises and defenses down and, other than that, just lives with her parents. Of course, she also doesn't really do field work. I think she's going to end up slotted in some League support capacity eventually.

Of course, the bigger surprise was running into Chimera. I didn't really realize she was scheduled for this sort of thing too. I mean, it makes sense, but we've never crossed paths like this before. I think that's by design? These things are sort of personal, after all, so I guess they'd want people that work together coming in on different schedules. Well, whatever. We're here now and it's not like I'm going to ignore her! So, yeah, I sat down right next to her even though the waiting area is completely empty.

I say, "Hey, Chimera! You headed in for a session, too?" It was kind of a crap conversation starter, but sue me. The ambient noise they run always puts me to sleep and it's kind of hard to concentrate. Also, completely shockingly, I'm not really good at small talk. Who would have figured? Still... I hadn't really spent much time with her since we got put on the Vigil. I should really do something about that. We're friends, after all! "Do you have anything going on later? Maybe we could hang out?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Halcyon Film Festival!

You can't begin to understand how amazing this is. I've been to this convention seven years in a row now - ever since I turned ten - but this is the first time I've ever showed up without my parents or friends here (I guess I've got Tatsu, we carpooled on his bike). This is the first time people have recognized me, since of course I showed up in costume, and do you know how cool that is?! This isn't a minor event. I've gotten to give out autographs, I've been invited to speak on a Superheroes in Cinema panel (sure it's at 11 PM, it's a start!), I'm mingling with other celebrities... this is awesome.

I wish I could have taken Silver Bolt to this, but his mom's keeping him all cooped up and the thought of meeting a real hero like her is terrifying so I haven't tried to fight her on it - I've settled for sending him a lot of texts and selfies, though I can only pray his mom and sister aren't snooping on them. Don't want to ruin the good impression I made helping save a legendary hero's life alongside my Twitter-semi-approved boyfriend.

As for why I showed up with Tatsu? Basically... while he may hate my guts and call me Firecrotch - not a fan of that name by the way - we've sort of both realized a few similarities since the team's settled into our base. One, we're both insomniacs, which means late night TV movies while everyone else is sleeping. Two, we've actually got similar tastes in a couple genres - much as I'd love for him to be wrong, when it comes to pulpy westerns or actions or horror movies he's got surprisingly good opinions. Thirdly, we're the ones that cook most frequently for everybody else... as such, yeah, I actually eat well when we have our Silent Midnight Movie club. We eat, we watch a DVD or whatever's available, and neither of us annoys the other by talking. It's not the healthiest relationship in the world, but I'm counting it as a win so far. Oh, and don't tell him? Motorcycles are cool, I'd never been on one until today.

Drifting from one film viewing to the next, having gotten in by assuring the staff that I'm here to provide security, I'm about as happy as can be. Best of all, the film I'm most looking forward to is next! So, you know Ryan Edgars and Nicole Skye, that celebrity power couple or whatever? Not only are they here, but they're in a movie (The Owl) with literally my favorite director at the helm, Donovan Winters! Sure, he's super young or whatever - that's part of what makes his movies so brilliant - and he's still recovering from his underappreciated initial foray into the action genre (47 Ronin, dumb name), but he's somehow managed to talk them into starring in THE heroic lovestory. The Owl is one of the various first heroes and his relationship with his "sidekick" / manager is the sort of thing people don't talk about a whole lot anymore, so I'm beyond stoked he's bringing his particular brand of visionary visual direction to the script (of course I've read it, someone linked it to me on Twitter when it leaked).

And yeah, I'll admit to having ulterior motives - I'm not just fangirling about the chance to meet them. Basically, most of my fans support me, even after I gave up the game and came clean about dating Bolt - which I am NOT sorry about, don't mistake what I'm saying. It's just... some of them don't give a poo poo about me anymore since I sank their ships, and do you know how reliant I am on donations? We junior heroes don't get paid. We should, but we don't, and I am absurdly broke right now. I need every Patreon donator, every adsense payment to my blog, every red cent I can get my hands on - so yeah, wrapping this story back around to the present day: I have to make a splash on social media. I haven't bragged about Night Hunter stuff since that's Bolt's family, but I can show off that celebrities want to hang out with me and I'll attract more followers than ever. Speaking of my followers, all it takes is a tweet or two to find out quite a bit about Donovan - and hashtagging the convention just makes me being here more authentic and provides quicker responses as to where he is.

<Rauri> Flaire consulting Hero Celeb Twitter (Gossip Mags)
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Rauri> ugh
<Rauri> going to roll in discord and not let Platonibot be cruel again
<Rauri> ugh
<Rauri> .roll 2d6+2
<Platonibot> Rauri: 12 (2d6+2=6, 4)
<Rauri> partially forgiven
Asking What or Who do they care about most, any allies / enemies, and where and when can I find them?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Butch and Sundance

I'm here for one reason and one reason only, to see The 47 Ronin on a proper movie screen. Not the new Winters adaptation, that one is good yes, but no. I'm here for a showin' of the original 1941 and 1942 Kenji Mizoguchi classic. Part one and two are being shown from some of the very few original reels, all nearly 4 hours of it, it's really a once in lifetime chance and I'm not gonna miss it.

...It was Flaire who got us in. Some crap about security. I went with it since it was better than just sneakin' in like I was gonna do. We took my bike here, she lied our way in and we split to find our own poo poo. I know she's here for Winter's stuff, but I also know that it's never that clear cut for her, so who knows what else she's gettin' up to. Whatever, she got us in so she gets a pass for today.

Right now I'm busy tryin' to get through all these people without standin' out too much. I've got some time yet before the only thing I really care about gets started, so I'm just makin' my way around and seein' what else is here while I kill time. Also tryin' not to get noticed too much, Flaire might live for being doted on by fans, but I sure as poo poo don't.

Probably gonna be my last post for a while, gonna be in Oregon for most of the next week.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +1, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior 0, Mundane -1
Potential 1/5 | Conditions:

I sit in the waiting room, the noise of the television and water fading into the background as I wait. I don't mind coming here, but I'm never sure of the point of it. I've gotten over what happened to me, and as much as they like to talk about otherwise I doubt things will ever go back to normal for me. But there's no reason for me to refuse the sessions yet, so I go along with it. While my mind is wandering, Mithril comes and sits down next to me.

"Oh! Hey Mithril." I turn my attention to her. "Yeah, just business as usual. Hanging out sounds good." I didn't have any other plans other then just patrolling afterwards. But then I take a closer look at her. Never seen her here before. "Everything all right with you?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I shrug, "More or less. I've been doing this ever since Damascus started working with me." I tap my head. "They don't want me going crazy, not when I could pipe that to everyone in range." Admittedly, yeah, not everything is great, but... Well, I guess I can tell her about the Damascus thing. Probably the Tatsu thing, too. "Though, yeah, got a few things to talk through. Ended up going way deep into Tatsu's psyche the other day and... Well, he's got some real stuff in there. Good guy, just has a lot of stuff to deal with. Ended up seeing some of my own stuff, too. Things about Damascus and how we met. Things I didn't realize I felt. So hopefully I can get that talked out."

I shoot her a conspiratorial grin, "So what's the deal with you two, anyway? I think he likes you." Alright, alright. I'm pretty sure the exact emotion in question isn't just like, but Tatsu and I are cool. I'm not going to totally blow him up like that, though a little light teasing is fine.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: +0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 / MoT: Unlocked / Conditions:

"Just so you know, my last two man stake-out went sideways in a hurry, so I hope you have backup on call," I told Barracuda as we did the whole 'lurking on a rooftop' thing that we are both, admittedly, pretty drat good at. I didn't gripe TOO much about it because this was something planned in advance. And honestly, I wasn't sure having a bunch of people would have really helped with the vampire situation anyways. I grinned and gave her a shoulder nudge. "I'm surprised you didn't ask Mithril to come instead."

Having Flaire make us "official" had made me a lot more um, lets go with "popular", than I'd been previously and while 'Cuda and Mithril weren't public yet I'd been getting enough teasing from both of them to do some of my own.

At first I'd thought it was great for everyone to know I had a girlfriend, but that was before I was directly subjected to Flaire's fans. They keep drawing me naked, or on fire, or as a woman, which is all kinds of confusing. I do have a bit more pocket money coming in though since now they're selling plushies of me on Flaire's site. Which is good because I've been meaning to put some work into the Argent Cycle... And no I am not renaming it the Silver Cycle no matter how many times Flaire asks me to. Argent means silver anyways! It's alchemical!

Of course Nika bought one, which she uses to torment me around the house. At least she hasn't had too much time to make fun since Mom's been running us both ragged. I've been hiding at the base whenever possible but she just calls anyways. You'd think taking that vampire on with just Flaire would have counted for something but I guess she's figuring he's going to be back and he probably won't be alone. She's probably right, too.

So, due to that I was kinda tired when I came out with 'Cuda to this thing. "Alright, this is your gig. What are we looking for so we can get it and get going? And do remember we can't get caught messing with the mayor or he could shut down the whole team."

---
Pierce the mask on Barracuda, rolling Mundane:
[09:42] <mistaya> .roll 2d6-1
[09:42] <Platonibot> mistaya: 11 (2d6-1=6, 6)
WELL then. 3 Q's. "What are you really planning?" "What do you want me to do?" and "How could I get your character to reveal why she's obsessed with the mayor?"

Time passing requires team input: Has Silver Bolt:
-Been upholding the traditions of his legacy?
-Mantained the image of his legacy?
-Made the other members of his legacy proud?

-1 to roll for any "no" answer. Base roll is:
[09:48] <mistaya> .roll 2d6
[09:48] <Platonibot> mistaya: 6 (2d6=3, 3)
+3 Savior so 9 base without any no's.

On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement/opportunity/advantage. On a 7-9 Another is upset with your most recent actions and makes their displeasure known.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +1, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior 0, Mundane -1

Yeesh. That sounds kind of heavy. Kind of explains why she's here though. But then she asks about me and Tatsu and oh boy. "Oh, us? Well, we hung out after that 'fight' with the Storm King." I pause. Maybe Mithril can help me out here. "I mean, he's cool and all but...I just don't feel the same way about him. Have you...uh, ever had something similar happen? Should I talk to him or..." I trail off, unsure of how to continue. Man this conversation just feels really awkward.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Oof. That's... Yikes. But, uh, hmm. Do I have anything to tell her that would help? I think things are going well with Cuda, of course, but I've never really been on the receiving end... I say, "I think that it'd probably be best to talk things out with him? Might suck and be a little awkward at the time, but... Well, nothing's going to change if you don't." I think that's good advice, anyway. I'll just have to be elsewhere when it happens. I don't really want to mentally sit in on it, you know?

Speaking of, I need to figure out when... and how... I'm going to Tatsu what I learned from Damascus. That's the sort of quandary counseling isn't going to fix.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

This game needs prompts imo.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Fre: 0 | Dan: +3 | Sav: +2 | Sup: -1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

this is my time passing roll
[21:03:33] <GodFish> .roll 2d6-1
[21:03:34] <Platonibot> GodFish: 6 (2d6-2=4, 3)
good start - though maybe Mithril as Alex managed to subtly help Cuda out at school using her secret real knowledge of her identity with a Team Point?

Step One: Scout the building from the outside. This step is going pretty smoothly, watching the flashing lights, trying to see if there's a pattern we can use to tell what patrol the guards take, that sort of thing. Things get a bit trickier once [strike]we[/strike] I get inside. The most basic thing I want to do is find one of those 'in case of fire' escape plan maps. I was able to find blueprints of the building from when it was built online - you can find anything online - so if I can find their map and compare the two later, any contradictions will show me where to look during the donor-party. Like, does the map show rooms the blueprints don't? Does it not show rooms the blueprints do? That sort of thing. After that, the most obvious place to look is the CEO's office, which is on the top floor. Not the easiest place to get too, probably will have guards, but I should be okay, especially if Silver Bolt does his part and can distract them with noises when I need it to get by. Otherwise, I want to hit up some labs and check for secret basement levels using the elevator shaft when no one is around. If I can find what I want tonight, so much the better. If all I can do is find where I need to look during the party, it'll do. "I'm telling you, if you'd make it clear it wasn't an excuse to go have a good time with Flaire and was an actual fight, we would have come along." I've told him that before, but it's not like his complaint isn't a little justified. "Well, I did tell her about it, but I said we'd got it handled, I'd rather not get anyone else caught up in this." I shrug. "You know."

I look at him more closely when he asks the plan and mentions 'we' doing it. Was he going to help on the actual infiltration? That'd be great, but I wasn't expecting it! "You said you'd just be doing lookout before, are you willing to come in?" Seriously, that'd make a huge difference. "Luckily, we don't have to worry about that exactly, he has connections here, but us investigating isn't a direct enough attack on him that he can use it publicly. I don't think he suspects anyone suspects he's connected to their dirty work yet." I hope. "Basically, from my solo work I know Lazarus is a criminal operation - at least on the side - and they're funding the Mayor heavily. It might just be simple bribery to get him to keep people off their backs, but I don't think so... it's too much money for that. He's directly involved with it some way. I want to find out what, if I can, or at least more concrete evidence of their crimes that I might be able to tie him up with or shut them down over. For that, the main locations I want to hit are the top floor office," I point, "the bottom floor, files," I point again, "any of the labs," sweeping gesture along the side, "and an elevator shaft. If your willing to go in, we can stealth in together, covering each other and taking anyone down if we have to, and two eyes are always better than one. If not, I could use you as my eyes on the outside, letting me know where the guards near me are, where they're going, and making distractions if I need them. Your call."

Mostly, she wants info on Lazarus' crimes and any connections to the Mayor, especially what the connections are.
She'd prefer Silver Bolt coming in with her, but will take watching from the outside.
Cuda doesn't seem very reluctant to share her thoughts on the Mayor in general, he could probably get the full story by asking - though either as they infiltrate or some time after, she won't put off the mission for it

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Team: 2

Mithril and Chimera: Before long, the receptionist calls both of your names. Together. Without looking up, she points you down a corridor to room 107

Aside from an extra chair, the office looks identical to all the offices you've spent your time in over here. However, neither of you recognize the new psychologist behind the desk. Black hair, white coat, brown eyes. Maybe on the younger side of middle aged. Very average looking, honestly. She's looking over a small tablet when you walk in, and she looks up, giving you both a friendly half-smile.

She says, "It's very good to meet both of you. I'm Doctor Ilana. Now, Chimera... I'm taking over the future sessions from your previous doctors, and they're going to involve a bit of group exercises. If all goes well, these will be your last few sessions. ...Well, your last mandatory ones. You're always welcome to come here if you need to talk about something." She then looks to Mithril and says, "Mithril, I know that you were supposed to have your own session, but unfortunately..." She glances at the tablet again before adding, "Limna had an emergency that called her away for the day. But, I hope I can count on your assistance in this."

After a brief round of introductions, she continues, "We'll start with some role playing exercises." Again, she glances at her notes before saying, "Chimera, let's say that Mithril is a bystander who is making fun of your appearance. How would you react this situation? And remember, there are no wrong answers here. Everything is confidential."

She looks at both of you expectantly.

What do you do?

Chimera:
If you participate in therapy openly and honestly, give influence to the other participants. Then roll +mundane.
On a hit, pick an option from the comfort or support move for yourself.
On a 10+, add a team to the pool.

If you "participate" in therapy by telling them what they want to hear, roll +Freak.
On a 10+, pick two. On a hit, pick one.
-The therapist is convinced that you're participating in good faith.
-You can take influence away from one of the participants.
-Shift your labels

Silver Bolt, despite how hard she's been on you, how have you noticed your mother treating you more like an equal? On top of that, she's also told you that she has something for you when you get back on patrol. Any guesses on what it is?
On the other hand... Veronica's a bit bent out of shape that you just ignored her advice about dealing with Flaire. Also, you know, she's gotta have some outlet for the stress of your mom going missing and STILL not being let out of the house to hunt things. Combine her lack of enthusiasm for helping you with the crazy training your mother's been putting both of you through AND your work as team leader, and you just haven't had time to restock your alchemic goodies and weird gadgets. Until you get some free time to sit down and work on it yourself, you're stuck with just your Athletic Perfection and Intimidation powers. (And a crossbow with only normal and grappling bolts).

Silver Bolt and Barracuda, while you're chatting, you both spot a brief flicker of light from one of the hallways. What do you do?

Barracuda, I'll let the roll fly for now, in order to see if Mithril wants to risk outing herself to Barracuda at school by lending a hand.

Flaire, you get the rundown DM'ed to you: Donovan's here looking for inspiration for his next film. He's thinking of something shorter and more minimalist, if only so he can just get back to working with a small crew where he knows everyone. So, if someone impressed him, they might be able to work with him on a short film. The other bit of chatter around him is that there was an anonymous threat against the festival if they didn't rescind his invitation. Considering how beloved he generally is with the people he works with, seems like it came out of nowhere. So far, the festival's going fine, so it's probably nothing, right? Anyway, he's usually near The Owl's screening room, as per obligation, but when he's not, he's talking with other directors and film people to trade ideas about the craft. Guess you don't get to be an underappreciated genius by having other hobbies, right?

By the way, what are you going to have to give up if you don't make enough in donations for the month?

Tatsu, so, while they're showing the movie in it's full 4 hour runtime, they put an intermission smack in the middle of it. Groans from the theater patrons go up as the intermission title card goes up and the house lights turn back on. So, while you're loitering out in the hallway, who do you see from the city that you're actually happy to run into here?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The other day...

There's a perfectly reasonable, non-stalkery explanation for why I'm following Cuda — er, Susanna — around school today. Really! So, you know, I kind of... uh... pick up on things from time to time. Particularly loud thoughts, strong emotions, the like. I haven't seen Cuda much lately, but when I have... Well, she's been absolutely radiating stress. The kind of stress that'd knock someone dead. And, well, I guess I feel like I'm kind of responsible. She's got this crazy double life thing going on and I know it's been cutting into her time to take care of Susanna things when she's spending time with me. Even if she doesn't know that I know... Or at least doesn't know that I know specifically that's the case.

So, yeah, I'm doing whatever I can to make her life easier... ideally without her catching on. That'd be an awkward conversation and a half. Like, for example, just fifteen minutes ago she left a bunch of important student council documents lying around the library when she rushed off to take care of some sort of ridiculous Casey-related situation. I just made sure they made it back to the council room. Score one for Alex Garner, completely normal do-gooder student!

Spending a point of team to boost Cuda's obligations roll!

---

Back in the present...

I gotta admit, I hadn't expected things to turn out like this. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to help Chimera out with whatever she needs. I just... kind of have a lot on my mind, too, and it seems a little lame to crash her session and talk this Doctor Illana's ears off. Or mental ears, really, because as much as I trust Chimera, a lot of these things aren't my secret to tell. I keep a smile on my face, though, as we shuffle in and sit down. I say, "Sure thing! Anything for a friend, right?"

I look over at Chimera, considering her reaction to the situation before I do anything else. This is her show, right? I'll follow her lead.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Butch and Sundance

Fuckin' shitheels! Who the gently caress needs a fuckin' intermission?!? What kinda useless, limp bladdered fuckstain would even think that interupptin' a fuckin' classic would be a good idea?! 'Cause I guaran-fuckin'-tee that not a single fuckin' person in that showin' went in without knowin' exactly what they were in for! gently caress!

For the sake of brevity, just do me a favor and imagine that for about ten, fifteen minutes. Ish. I wasn't keepin' count. Too busy, ya see. So anyway, while I'm wrappin' that whole thing up, I see somethin' that belongs in an event like this even less than I do.

"Sammi? How the gently caress'd you get in here?"

Sorry this took so long. Been a rough while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior 0, Mundane -2

Oh good. To be honest, I'm kind of glad it's almost over. I realize I'm kind of looking forward to the final one. But as for this question, it's pretty easy to give a simple answer.

"Well, I would ignore her and focus on whatever it is I came out to do."

[23:34] <Heliotrope> Therapy Session
[23:34] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[23:34] <foxxbot> Heliotrope, 10+1 = 11
Choosing the therapist is convinced I'm acting in good faith, and shifting Freak up and Mundane down

• Locked thread