Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i thought that the extreme left has made it so that you can't like drag queens anymore, sorry OP please update your info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

criscodisco posted:

If it has a dungeon, it's not a real gym.

That room with the fog machine where all the dudes in towels go?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

sounds like a cool thing i'd do if i lfet the house

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what a way to find out i'm a gay people

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

i thought that the extreme left has made it so that you can't like drag queens anymore, sorry OP please update your info

I'm conflicted:

On one hand, drag has been around for centuries across many cultures and generally pops up in some form or other any society with overly strict gender roles.

On the other hand, an obese woman with lavender hair, a nose ring, and too many pet reptiles once posted on the internet that she doesn't like drag.

Truly, this is our generation's Great Debate.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
How many pet reptiles is too many?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Tricky D posted:

The owner's weight in pounds divided by 100, round down.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I don't really want to start an argument or anything, but I would assume the number of reptiles someone is allowed to own would be inversely proportional to their weight.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Tricky D posted:

One is too many. But in general if you only have one everybody's too polite to bring that up because their assumption is that you bought that ball python as an undergrad and now you're just stuck with the drat thing.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Do It Once Right posted:

One is too many. But in general if you only have one everybody's too polite to bring that up because their assumption is that you bought that ball python as an undergrad and now you're just stuck with the drat thing.

his name is Monty! :iamafag: get it?! :iamafag:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Drag queens are pretty funny. To Wong Foo... was a great movie and I have no problem with the practice. If anything, I like how it's carved out a niche in the Things-to-be-Offended-By Hierarchy that makes homophobes and robocops equally uncomfortable.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Tricky D posted:

I don't really want to start an argument or anything, but I would assume the number of reptiles someone is allowed to own would be inversely proportional to their weight.

Well I don't think there's a hard legal limit, I'm thinking more along lines of social norms.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Grand Prize Winner posted:

thanks to tumblr you don't have to be gay to be gay anymore

Can someone break down how this happened?

I'm also curious to know how the old Gay Lesbian Alliances had more and more letters piled on.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

Can someone break down how this happened?

I'm also curious to know how the old Gay Lesbian Alliances had more and more letters piled on.

Look up the term "intersectionality" and you'll understand.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Look up the term "intersectionality" and you'll understand.

also "parasitic relationship"

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

plain blue jacket posted:

I am gay and think drag queens are hideous ama

i also have sex w dudes and don't understand the drag queen thing at all. i think culturally it's in decline anyway

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Drag is funny like in British or bro comedies when it's used briefly as a foil for an otherwise very masculine or macho performer.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
idk man have you seen ru paul and friends they look like they have so much fun and i am just fat and depressed

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak
Am trans and love drag queens you're welcome!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

most drag queens i've met really loving liked ketamine for some reason

Because it loosens the sphincter.

(This might be true, someone look it up.)

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

BigBadSteve posted:

Because it loosens the sphincter.

(This might be true, someone look it up.)

I think it has more to do with Special K being lots of fun. Not everything gay men do has a direct correlation to anal.

Also, I would think that if you're on stage doing the splits and dancing around, a loose sphincter is just a recipe for disaster.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
What separates Drag Queens from Crossdressers?

Asking for a friend.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Asking for a friend.

one's recreational

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Ketamine is loving awesome, duh

'Hmm these people must have a butt related reason for hooning tons of a massively fun drug'

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Asking for a friend.

One's a performance the other is a fetish (well technically just anyone dressing as another gender I guess so trans people too but I personally wouldn't call that crossdressing please don't yell at me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Frosted Flake posted:

I feel like this will be coming to an end soon as "Cis White Male Gays" are now in the crosshairs, and I have people on my Facebook claiming drag shows as "Transphobic Minstrel Shows".

theyre in the crosshairs for like dumb jezebel puff pieces

they're a target topical to lgbt issues while also letting you take the piss out of the patriarchy

its just reactionary

• Locked thread