Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Also, dealer mechanics get paid for repair jobs on the books. So tracking down a random cylinder misfire to spark plugs probably doesn't pay jack. More of gently caress off don't want to deal with it not worth my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Christobevii3 posted:

Also, dealer mechanics get paid for repair jobs on the books. So tracking down a random cylinder misfire to spark plugs probably doesn't pay jack. More of gently caress off don't want to deal with it not worth my time.

You will get paid as long as you time punch and write your story correctly. You'd be surprised how much diag time gets paid out on some things

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Ford has a long history of shameful warranty denials on powerstroke trucks. They like to use the same excuse.

Good luck, and I hope things work out for you.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Car is ready they replaced the spark plugs and ignition coil. I'm replacing the spark plugs as soon as my order comes in and I figure out what the hell im doing.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I would not do anything. If it happens again they'll be able to blame your aftermarket/not oem spec plugs.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

jamal posted:

I would not do anything. If it happens again they'll be able to blame your aftermarket/not oem spec plugs.

Why? Can't I just replace with the OEM coils if I need to?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KidDynamite posted:

Because they already tried once to gently caress you. I'd not give them another chance.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Run it bone stock until the end of the warranty then go hog wild. Modifying a vehicle under warranty is an insanity that i cant fully comprehend (and i mean ECU flashes/ Piggyback chips, bigger turbos etc rather than blingy rims or a bullbar)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

You could but if anything goes wrong they'll blame the work you did/another shop did/any work they didn't do.

While under warranty, I'd take the car to a dealership so you can always point to the work they did, even for simple things like oil changes. If anything goes wrong, you can point to the parts they installed or the work they did. Don't give them another opportunity to gently caress you over.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Ferremit posted:

Run it bone stock until the end of the warranty then go hog wild. Modifying a vehicle under warranty is an insanity that i cant fully comprehend (and i mean ECU flashes/ Piggyback chips, bigger turbos etc rather than blingy rims or a bullbar)

Depends on the car. If I had a Camaro or Mustang v8 I wouldn't really wait. Most of the stuff has been out so long and there is a massive amount of engines in a worst case scenario. Also, depending on your dealer the warranty on an engine issue may take months to resolve so depending on your money situation may or may not be beneficial to you versus just doing it yourself. Hyundai has known to re-use heads on blown motors and other really sketchy stuff after taking months to find parts/engines.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

mariooncrack posted:

You could but if anything goes wrong they'll blame the work you did/another shop did/any work they didn't do.

While under warranty, I'd take the car to a dealership so you can always point to the work they did, even for simple things like oil changes. If anything goes wrong, you can point to the parts they installed or the work they did. Don't give them another opportunity to gently caress you over.

Yep- Friend of mine had one of the first nissan 3.0L diesel patrols in Australia, extensively modified but the drivetrain was bone stock while it was under warranty and serviced on the dot by Nissan. Saved his bacon when the ZD30 problems came to light and #4 piston slagged itself into the bottom of the block and wrote the engine off.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ok so I will store these spark plugs away and hold off until after my warranty is up.

Signing up for a track day on October 21st what's the recommended track day insurance?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/hpdeinsurance

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Got to do my first track day(progressive paced laps) and god drat was that some real fun by the end. I felt like I learned a lot and got to see a glimpse of what this car has to offer. We started off in the 1:50's and by the last session we were in the 1:30's with the final lap being fastest of the day at 1:34.74. NJMP lightning is really fun and the back section after turn 2 has some amazing flow. My go pro died before that session so here's video of the fastest lap from the session before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqrBmYni-eE

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Question, how are you supposed to deal with rev hang? On the street I just hold the clutch in a beat longer, but that doesn't seem conducive to fast driving. Am I supposed to be getting on the gas before release? I don't understand the feature at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
A flash is pretty much the way to go if it bugs you.

• Locked thread