Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Rutibex posted:

i never eat anything from the sea. it is full of eldritch horrors that are not meant for man. our evolutionary forefathers left that terrible place for a reason

You know too much about roman history for me to think you wouldn't try garum if given the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tricky D posted:

I'd eat irradiated food, but only if it contains neutron activated heavy metals.

when china starts irradiating their food on purpose it's gonna rule

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You know too much about roman history for me to think you wouldn't try garum if given the chance.

i'll eat anything once, if i see someone else eat it first. i asked a roman history professor about garum once, he said he did not recommend it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rutibex posted:

i never eat anything from the sea. it is full of eldritch horrors that are not meant for man. our evolutionary forefathers left that terrible place for a reason

drat who owned you for having the wrong opinions about board games

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
How do you even have opinions on board games beyond "this is fun" or "this isn't fun"?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

that's not prety much all wild caught fish, that' smy wife

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The only fish I care about is the magikarp I caught today!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think i had ever seen the word gravlax before now and i am glad that it is a real word

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a good doc on the whole situation by the Aldo Nova Journalism Group (ANJG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miSMxBP42W0

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I probably have all sorts of worms, and as long as I don't notice they can continue to live in there.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Caught some lake fish: croppie, bluegill, perch. A lot of them had little black dots in them.

Turns out it's a overwhelmingly common parasite called Neascus. Fish eat a snail and get the intermediate form of the parasite which show as black dots. Birds eat infected fish and poop out parasite eggs. Snails eat the eggs and the cycle continues. Apparently they're harmless and die when cooked but it's still nasty to see.

Wanna see some other nasty ones? http://www.outdoorhub.com/how-to/2014/11/24/recognize-9-common-game-fish-diseases/

My favorite one: fish already looks cooked when raw

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
You know what else? There's probably poop inside your body right now. Ew.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zzulu posted:

the sea has always seemed like a hellish place to me

You're just floating around in the abyss and then you have ten thousand things burrowing into you and then you get eaten by some horrific monstrosity

Dolphins live in the sea and are intelligent, sentient beings. This, coupled with the fact that motorized seafaring vessels have ruined their long-distance communications (the oceanic equivalent of a permanent Internet breakdown), I say it's time to euthanize and eat every single one of them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dolphins are rapists who kill for sport. gently caress those things, we don't need the competition.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
http://www.ihatedolphins.com/

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lol what kkind of pussy cant handle a few parasites. i attach leeches to my muscles when i workout to increase bloodflow

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If worms respected peoples internal boundaries I bet that a lot of people would actually want to be infected with worms, to help with weight loss. But worms are bad tenants, eating food that isn't meant for them, knocking down walls, always late on rent.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Little-known fact: intestinal worms, like dolphins, develop laws and a moral compass in a group environment, which they then promptly ignore in order to be huge assholes. The only proper punishment is death, and consumption. Eat the dolphins. Eat the worms.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RedMage129 posted:

The human body is a donut, and poop just travels through the hole in the middle. Not in the body, just body adjacent.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
sometimes i thnk i hacve worms but then i'm like well hey if i don't donate to poor peps i mights as well feed some other sort of parasite

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The human body is a donut, and poop just travels through the hole in the middle. Not in the body, just body adjacent.

Dying of colon cancer is a type of murder, sort of like being eaten by a shark or mauled to death by buffalos

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Meats full of worms too yo you gotta soak it in coke to kill the worms

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Ruggan posted:

Caught some lake fish: croppie, bluegill, perch. A lot of them had little black dots in them.

Turns out it's a overwhelmingly common parasite called Neascus. Fish eat a snail and get the intermediate form of the parasite which show as black dots. Birds eat infected fish and poop out parasite eggs. Snails eat the eggs and the cycle continues. Apparently they're harmless and die when cooked but it's still nasty to see.

Wanna see some other nasty ones? http://www.outdoorhub.com/how-to/2014/11/24/recognize-9-common-game-fish-diseases/

My favorite one: fish already looks cooked when raw

The comforting thing about this article is that in every case the answer to 'Can I still eat the fish' is either 'Yes, just cook it thoroughly' or 'We're not sure but we think so'

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I never understood this, theres industries, whole factories dumping their nastiest poo poo into the ocean, theres plutonium, theres a whole continent of plastic in the ocean and the ships alone fart hundreds of thousands of tons of oil into the ocean but yea seafood is totally healthy! :dogbutton:

I will never get it, in my mind its a giant bathtub full of poo poo. But i still eat tuna sometimes, how else can i help wiping out fish. Poor things, they must die.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never seen any worms or gotten sick from river-caught trout or salmon. I'm not a dipshit who fishes 100 feet from a factory or something though.

naem
May 29, 2011

RedMage129 posted:

SKELENTON

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

naem posted:

SKELENTON

There isn't a skeleton inside you, you exist inside a skeleton skull!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

tenspott posted:

The only fish I care about is the magikarp I caught today!

Think of all the Nematoad candies you'll get!

Nematoads evolve into Flapworm, and then finally Electabutt.

You better start saving up now, that final form will take while!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There isn't a skeleton inside you, you exist inside a skeleton skull!

No, much like the donut analogy above, your body is skeleton-adjacent. "Your" skeleton is basically a hostage and a violation of the Geneva Convention. Release all POWs now!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cubone posted:

drat who owned you for having the wrong opinions about board games

Tricky D posted:

How do you even have opinions on board games beyond "this is fun" or "this isn't fun"?
traditional games gets very serious business about board games. also boardgamer gate is a thing, and i got this avatar for enjoying sexist and objectifying anime card games

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Rutibex posted:

traditional games gets very serious business about board games. also boardgamer gate is a thing, and i got this avatar for enjoying sexist and objectifying anime card games

wait you're not one of those creeps who defends anime sex maid dungeon: TCG as tasteful are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
more power to you if you and your buddies wanna sit around playing a game about loving maids, I play murder hobo games with friends or stuff dedicated to lying and screwing eachother over but I don't pretend those are high art.

• Locked thread