Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This is a track I did with a friend, who records as casiospitttake. I play all the cello lines, he did the synth/beats.

Six and a half minutes, any thoughts on beats, overall pacing, mastering/EQ, suggestions for adding stuff or taking it away welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Anyone? I'll swap a crit if anyone wants to give me one, or if you're looking for a cello line on something happy to help

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I guess I'm the first to listen? When the piano comes in I think it could stand to be a bit further back in the mix, it seems a bit loud. The general mix is nice and clean. It seems very stereo orientated, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. What I mean by that is a lot of stuff seems almost hard panned L/R with only some parts hitting the centre. It's cool and probably deliberate but I figured I'd mention it.

The one thing that popped into my head a few times is that you could have taken several individual parts and expanded and made more of it. As it is there's a lot going on and not a tonne to hold each bit together with the last, but it does feel like a general theme is consistent.

I'm not a fan of the synth beat tone (See like 5:20 for example) by itself. It blends in well enough but when it's fairly obvious with not much happening I feel like it could sound a little fatter? I hate using terms like that, but there you go. IT has that synth thing where it feels almost too clean if that makes any sense.

Cello sounds great, I think it'd be cool if you did a thing where for a bit you use two cello tracks, just to surprise people.

All in all I really enjoyed it but I reckon that you could take each bit and make an EP from it easy. Sorry if none of this helps, I just wanted to give some feedback because I know what it's like :)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
found this by accident doing something else - this is fantastic. reminds me of the really good david gilmour solo stuff.

• Locked thread