Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +2
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

I shrug off Rodney's comment about the fridge, "Oh, no worries, I'll just order what I need from LunchRush" - the popular supermarket-to-door delivery service. As I type the order into my phone - kimchi, spices, pork, veggies - I can't help but overhear the rest of the conversation. Fiona, especially, seems a bit distracted, though happy as she hears that Zugora is helping out Conflux - so much so that she grabs both me and Rod and gives us a big hug! Still, I can't help but think something is off about her.

14:39 Ferg jae pierce fiona's mask
14:39 Ferg !r 2d6+2
14:39 Krysmbot Ferg, 11+2 = 13
How could I get Fiona to feel better?
What does Fiona intend to do?
What is Fiona really planning?

I lift my phone and show them both the order, "Should be here in a couple minutes. Now... about this shortbread..." I pop one into my mouth... yum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Current Team: 2

Stacy: "Yes, we should" she says while starting to fly up. "I will need to see if Edelweiss is there yet." Looks like she wants to talk to her too. So how are you planning on breaking the news to Dr. Addams later?

Fiona: Jae just ordered food to be delivered to the base. Even though it's hidden, is that fine? What would Zugora think of that?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Freak: 0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty Hopeless | Location: Outer Heaven Mother Base

Wait did Jae just say he ordered food here? Uhhh... I'm not actually sure if Zugora would get mad about that or not. It's kinda sorta hard to tell how she'll feel about things. But like, I should probably still do something about it, just to be on the safe side. It's what my gut is telling me to do, anyway. 'Cause like, what if the sixteen year old hired to drive food to people is secretly a super mega evil villain! Or something. Maybe. Whatever, I don't have to justify myself to my own internal monologue! So nyeh!

"Good news boys! You both get to go topside and get the food! And if you don't hurry up and like, happen to run into Zugora on the way, make it seem like you went out and picked it up. Ok great bye, see you in a few!"

While I jabber at them I take advantage of my hugging position to shove both of them along and onto the cargo elevator, before I open palm slap the button and send them off to the surface. Yeah, good job Fiona, you did a thing! Probably.

I'm gonna give myself ten points for trying, at least!

Questions!
You've already made her feel better, but to drag out of the funk, you're gonna have to have a hero thing where everything like, doesn't totally fail at every turn.

Fiona intends to try and enjoy her time with her friends, since she's convinced either the team is done- or her hero days are.

She's planning on recommending Jae for leader if she gets de-caped, and for taking all of the blame for everyone if the team gets shut down.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 26, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Potential: 1/5

Fiona shoves us towards the door and I smack my head, "Oh yeah! Secret base, duh!" I shove my hand in the door gap to prevent it from closing as I give a parting thought to Fiona, "Hey... look, I know a lot of things happened yesterday, but everything's going to be fine. Okay? You're doing a good job... boss!" I give her a fake salute and a big smile.

18:01 Ferg jae comfort fiona
18:01 Ferg .roll 2d6+2
18:01 Platonibot Ferg: 6 (2d6+2=1, 3)
7 with Influence
They mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if they open up to you.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 27, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +3 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty, Afraid | Burn: 1

I fly after her, sharing her hope that Edelweiss is at the base - she should be off school by now, I think. Today's going so much better than yesterday, I'm honestly hoping we just have the rest of the day to hang out at the base and that somehow there are no stupid supervillains today. I could really use the chance to relax.

Especially if I'm going to be talking to Doc Addams, I'm already kinda drained, and that conversation is going to SUCK. It's just... I mean, I HATE it at the Institute, despite her, and living with Zugora sounds a lot better - a lot more free, a lot less being hooked up to machines or quizzed on what I can do, how far I can push my powers. I don't wanna say that to her though, so maybe something about feeling cramped and needing some space? Can probably guarantee Zugora can handle my powers if I get out of control (now that I think about it, I'm not sure she can though.)

"Thanks for, uh, agreeing to train me!" I yell to her over the wind. Flying around with a hero (an adult one) and talking about training and power and bases... it's all so properly superheroic! It's not easy to forget how badly I messed up yesterday, but I'm kinda sorta managing it now?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Stacy: "Thank you for accepting," she simply says. She's quiet on the way back. Once you land near the entrance though, she starts talking again. "So what do you think of Bastion? Do you trust him?" What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

It's so weird - right as we get back to the base, Zugora decides to ask me what I think about Bastion, the very nature of how she asked it implying that I shouldn't trust him or something... which is totally crazy! Rodney's great, and we're definitely good teammates and I'm pretty sure friends, even if he is the person I've hung out with the least. After all, we just spent a few hours having a lot of fun, eat snacks and playing games and just, I dunno, not having any pressure on us for a bit? And it was great!

I don't waste any time in shaking my head yes and telling her how I feel. "Bastion's great! We took out a pretty tough badguy together yesterday - not Doc Plasma - and he's a really sweet guy too, we were playing games earlier and he offered to do the dishes for me."

poo poo, I think she knows some of that already! I don't want to look stupid, so I make sure to add a more clinical and detached assessment, like I'm sure she'd like to hear, sweeping my hair back as I do out of nervousness. "He's also our main front-line fighter, which leaves the rest of us free to use our more specialized or intricate abilities without worry. He's a, uh, efficient part of the team!"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty Hopeless | Location: Outer Heaven Mother Base

I wave him and Bastion off as the doors close. He says I'm doing good, but I'm not so sure...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Fiona: Now that Zugora is on her way back, are you doing anything to prepare for that or just waiting for her to show up?

Stacy: "Hmm," is all she says to your assessment of Bastion. "Even so, I would appreciate it if you assisted Edelweiss in keeping an eye on him. Just in case." What do you think of the fact that these two are watching Bastion? Regardless, the elevator dings and it opens to reveal Jae and Rodney. What do you do?

Jae: Fiona didn't really respond to your attempts to make her feel better, and leaves the two of you to head out. As you reach the top and the doors open, you see Stacy and Zugora waiting outside. What do you do?

Rodney: How do you feel about Fiona not responding to Jae's attempt to talk with her? But looks like you'll get to have some time alone with Jae now. Are you going to bring up what happened yesterday or just hang out while waiting for the food? When the elevator doors open you see Stacy and Zugora waiting. What do you do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Fiona simply waves at my salute... oh well, I tried, right? And... now I'm just stuck in an elevator with a teammate that I bailed on yesterday. Greaaaat...

I whistle and lean up against the wall, "So... uh, do you wanna talk about yesterday?" I try not to meet his gaze, afraid of the judgment, "I mean... I'm sorry about the 'Boy Scout' stuff. I think I just... I hate those guys, you know? Police, authorities, whatever. They treat us like the bad guys! And we - we save people, right? I just... I hate when they make me feel like... like I don't belong here. Like I don't deserve any of it - like I should be behind bars."

I look up at the ceiling, then back down at my feet, "And... and I'm really sorry that I just bailed like that."

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them influence over you (already held), and ask them who they'd like you to be.
Mark potential if you show them that person. If they’re a teammate, add a Team to the pool no matter what.

I give him a chance to respond, then wait for the doors to open.

I figure Shoota will put some story into this part

As the doors open, I spot Conflux and... Zugora? Oh, they must be back from that training thing that Rodney was talking about. I wave to them... then realize I just ordered a food delivery to a secret hideout! I yelp, quickly jumping on my phone to redirect the delivery to a few blocks away. I wave sheepishly again, "Uh... hey... Stacy. Glad to see you're back. I just need to... do something... then I think we're having a meal together to kinda celebrate yesterday.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Hold: Conflux: 2 | Location: Edelweiss Base

Rodney would defiantly not say he was any authority on the actions and reactions of people, but what that looked like was a thing of someone trying very hard to avoid answering the question and desperate to end the conversation. How odd, and then Jae sprung the question he would be dreading on him.

Rodney shuffled his feet, he wasn't expecting this conversation, not right here, it made him incredibly nervous. Not because he heard the angry whispers of some of the previous guardians demanding you dress this person down for brazen breaking of the law. He overruled them, he liked Jae, he wanted to continue liking Jae. Jae was pretty great.

"Nothing really happened when you left, the Officer sort of mumbled, and left but uhmm." He didn't look Jae in the eye for a moment. "I wish you didn't, it, kind of makes us look bad. Not you leaving the scene but when we, cause lots of collateral damage and, burn things down accidentally it makes us look uhmm, not great at our jobs. I think we need to be better then that."

"But you did fine, okay? You did nothing wrong on the scene. And you did the hero stuff and the hero stuff was pretty good so that's good isn't it? And we can save people more easily, if we don't flood things or burn them every time we have to fight bad guys. I think."

Bastion doesn't like it when we cause huge amounts of collateral, but talking down super-villains non-violently and saving people's lives is exactly what he thinks a superhero should do. Jae isn't a fighter, and he doesn't have to be one in Rodney's eyes, there are like 3 other people on the team who can do that, and but only one person who can talk down the enemy and make them give in without throwing a single punch. He is for all intents and purposes the party face.

"You did err, did ermm, err."

18:58 TheNabster Bastions tries to tell Jae he did good. Comforting Roll!
18:58 TheNabster !r 2d6-1
18:58 Krysmbot TheNabster, 2-1 = 1
18:58 TheNabster He sort of mumbles instead
18:58 TheNabster But now I get potential no matter what I do so HAH!
18:58 Yamifenrir he's bad at telling people they're doing good
18:59 TheNabster He has like -1 Mundane and he's an ex-member of a creepy cult
18:59 TheNabster He's quite bad at it

Rodney sort of stuttered and mumbled his way into an awkward silence. And then the elevator doors opened, and there was an even more awkwarder silence.

"Ermm hello!" He said manically in an attempt to drive through this mute embarrassment. "We were just getting stuff to make lunch, uhm, would you like to join us?" He looked somewhat hopefully at Stacy, and somewhat less hopefully at Zugora. "F-for the lunch I mean, not the shopping trip, we're doing that right now."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 6, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well normally I'd clean up...ish, but uh, Bastion kinda already did all that. And he did it like, a thousand times better than I do it. I mean, I even checked the side rooms and none of them were stuffed full of all the junk lying around, so he totally actually cleaned this place. So uhh... guess I'll just skip straight to the part where I suit up then.

Zugora's never like, told me to be all ready to do whatever, it's just like, a feeling that I get you know? She's never said one way or the other, but I feel like she, I guess approves more of me being in the Edelweiss when she stops by. It could just be me reading into thing that aren't there, but... I feel better in the suit anyway, so it all works out. Poor thing's still all scratched and sooty and dented from yesterday, but that's fine, I'll just wash him later. The important part was getting those bugs worked out, and I totally did that! I hope. So yeah, quick hop into my suit and then I'll just keep myself busy with diagnostics and junk. Yep, that's me, totally professional. Mhmm. Totally didn't do a dramatic 'saddle up' montage, no sirree.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I nod along as Rodney talks about yesterday. Part of me feels better, seems like West didn't give him too much trouble. But then again... who knows. He still seems stuck on preventing collateral damage. Nobody died, right? Barely anybody even got hurt. That's worth something. And Stacy's really working on it. Lighten up!

Of course, I keep it all inside. This is probably the longest conversation I've had with the guy... no use blowing it up. Before he can say anything, though, the doors open. I spot Conflux and... Zugora? Oh, they must be back from that training thing that Rodney was talking about. I wave to them... then realize I just ordered a food delivery to a secret hideout! I yelp, quickly jumping on my phone to redirect the delivery to a few blocks away. I wave sheepishly again, "Uh... hey... Stacy. Glad to see you're back. I just need to... do something... then I think we're having a meal together to kinda celebrate yesterday."

Repeating that last bit since my last post was so long ago and to get the timeline straightened out.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Wait... Zugora and Edelweiss are watching Bastion? That's, uhhh... not nice of them? But maybe they need to? Have they been watching me?

I'm still trying to figure out that stuff as we walk into the base, but those thoughts are dispelled at least for the moment when I see my teammates - and I immediately brighten up. "Hey you two!" I wave at Jae and Rodney, practically skipping over to join them, letting them tell me what's going on. I may have pigged out on food earlier today, but if the team's eating lunch together, I am SO in. Anything that's just the team being the team, no complications or me setting everything on fire or anything like that. "That sounds amazing! What're we having?"

Oh yeah, he has to go - looking embarrassed, I wave him out rather than delaying him further. "Seeya when you get back Jae!" I tell him before he rushes out, then look towards Rodney. Zugora may be here, so obviously she'd want me to be as sneaky and nice to him as possible, right? Which is the perfect cover for me, uh, you know... actually wanting to be nice to him. "Sorry for running out on you earlier Rodney - I'm going to be training with Zugora now though!" I tell him happily, practically bouncing as I start to explain the different ways that improves my life. "It means I get to live here, and don't have to do tests or have a curfew to be at back the Institute anymore - I'll have a lot more time to spend with the team!"

Rauri fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 23, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Stacy's bright mood is a little infectious, and I can feel my own mood lift in response. "You get to stay here? All right!" I hold out my hand, ready to slap some fives."Well, I'll be right back!"

I turn the corner, pick up my meal from the delivery guy, and sprint back. "We all ready for lunch?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Stacy, Rodney, and Jae: While Stacy and Rodney are talking, the two of you hear the elevator close. Also Zugora is no longer with you guys. Guess she went to talk to Fiona while you guys talk to each other. What do you do?

Fiona: You hear the ding of the elevator arriving, and as it opens Zugora steps out. "Hello Fiona," she simply says while looking at you. What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Rrrgh I swear they made it impossible to get a shot into the 100,000 bucket! It always finds some stupid, janky way to bounce off the sides! I don't think even a technopath could get it to go in! It doesn't matter how awesome of a bounce you get its always gonna- oh hey Zugora's here. Zugora's here!

I jerk myself to attention, even though you can't tell 'cause I'm in a big old mech suit. Boy am I ever glad Edelweiss isn't slaved to my movements, 'cause that would have the most undignified scramble in like, the history of undignified scrambles. I'd have done Daichi proud. If he were real anyway.Why aren't you real? Anyway! Me, attention, Zugora, here!

"Edelweiss, fully operational and ready for duty, Zugora!"

Here's hoping this will tone down the chewing out I'm gonna get...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Edelweiss: "Glad to see it," Zugora says. "Now then...what exactly happened at the bank yesterday?" What do you do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Looks like Zugora jumped the line and went down to get some solo time with Edelweiss. "We should, uh, maybe give them some space," I muse at the other two.

"So, uh," I say, turning to Stacy, "How was training? You did like, super great yesterday. Glad to have you on our side!"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh man, why couldn't she just chew me out over it? Now I get to go over just how bad I messed everything up again.

"Um well, it was basically all my fault. But uh, we were kinda already there when Doctor Plasma and those weird 99 goons turned up. I laid out the general plan, Bastion and Jae on the ground and Conflux taking care of Plasma and me helping where I was needed. And then... everything went wrong. My camera got shot and that screwed up my suit, then when I got inside the hostages all panicked and some of them got hit by my gun, then none of them followed me out of the bank, and I missed catching the grenade thing. The bank caught on fire after that and we managed to get everyone out, bad guys included but the whole thing was just just just... bad."

"Really it's all on me though. I'm supposed to be the leader and I should have done a better job, given better orders or, or had a better plan or something! So please don't be too hard on Conflux, she was just doing what I told her to, and I think she should still be on the team even if I'm not. And even though I'm not gonna be a hero anymore I'd still really really really like it if you'd let me keep working on your gear and stuff 'cause that's like the only thing I've ever wanted to do and," you're rambling Fiona, "honestly what else am I gonna do with my powers? I mean they're not even real powers like yours or Conflux's or even guys like Jae, it's just some weird brain thing, but yeah basically it was all my fault and I really don't think I'm cut out to be a real hero and," Stop rambling already! "And... yeah."

Now to hope, I guess.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Hold: Conflux: 2 | Location: Edelweiss Base

"Hmm, yes, perhaps we should be away from the base for a while." He looked to Conflux, not quite meeting her gaze.

"I'm glad you seem in better spirits in any case, would you like to come and... Err... Fetch groceries with us?" He looked sheepish, this was his default state at the best of times but this time he looked even more so.

"Cardio is very important for super-heroics."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Jae thinks I did well yesterday, and I'm a split second from asking him if he watched the same fight I did when it occurs to me that being a big jerk to someone trying to be cool with me probably isn't the way to go. Still though, I did terribly yesterday, pretending otherwise doesn't make it so. "Oh, thanks Jae! Umm... yeah, gonna keep working on my control and finesse and all that stuff with Zugora. You did really great too, and helped me out a lot..." Aka helped me not get probably arrested. Hard not to smile at him after remembering that!

Speaking of smiling, Rodney wants us all to go and get groceries, and I am only too eager to say yes to make it up to him for ditching him earlier. "Yeah, that sounds like fun!" It's not like I really need cardio - I can fly everywhere and I'm nearly good enough with air at this point that it can resemble telekinesis - but staying in shape and being healthy are their own rewards, plus it means time with friends!

Looking from one to the other, I grin. "After we get back and chow down, we can all relax and take a night off - provided no more mad scientists or hordes of henchguys show up!" I mean, I can hope right?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I scratch the back of my neck as Stacy thanks me, "Uhh.... yeah, no problem. Don't, uh, mention it." Awkwarrrrrd. Oh well, it's not like it wouldn't be. This is just... the team dynamic? It's weird but it works. Yeah.

I shrug, then lean my head to the right, "Well... food should be dropped off soon, so we can just wait around and talk if you want. Or maybe... I dunno. We could always just go eat out and ping Fiona to meet up with us once she's done with Zugora. Either works for me...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Edelweiss: "Edelweiss, if people were disbarred from this profession because of mistakes then there probably wouldn't be any heroes around Halcyon City. Yes, you did make errors. And the worst part is that it appears one of the villains got away. Dr Plasma might have agreed to be brought in for now, but..." She shrugs. She clearly doesn't think that will go anywhere productive. "Yet all of you managed to keep the citizens safe, and it appears Conflux has gained incredible power but is also happy to work with us in helping her keep in control. Just stay with her for a while, see how that works out."

Zugora leans in close to the screen on your mech, practically looking into it. "And you're not just someone with an odd brain. You can make all kinds of things I can't understand, and that makes you just as valuable as any of the others. Don't underestimate what that kind of intellect can get you in this life. You aren't an average person, and trying to go back to that kind of life wouldn't make you happy."

If you accept what she says, shift Freak up and Mundane down

What do you think of what she's saying? What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 19, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +1

I'm braced for the scolding... but it doesn't come? Buh? I don- can't f- words. I'm I'm I'm... with words. Yeah.

"You really think so?" I can barely squeak the words out. Dread, relief, hope, and a few other emotions are all going kinda nuts right now, and I can't hardly think, forget talking. I force a gulp down and risk more words. "We're... we're not getting shut down?"

Accepting her words.

Now that I'm not dealing with being kicked out of heroing, my mind is buzzing. With ideas.

"Uhm. I-if we're still gonna be doing the hero thing, then um... Do you think that maybe... that maybe you could get me access to Doctor Plasma sometime? I wanna see if I could, possibly, build something that could synthesize unobtanium. I... I wanna try and help him."

I kinda trail off at the end there, mostly 'cause it sounds totally dumb now that I've said it out loud. But he needs it to live and that stuff doesn't just grow on trees, I should know, so he basically has to be a baddie if he wants to eat! Maybe he could actually stop and try to reform if he had a stable supply of food...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Edelweiss: Zugora shakes her head. "Not a good idea. What if he just gave up since his plans got ruined and is waiting for his chance to escape? And what if he finds out youa and Jae are the ones who took the amount he had before? How do you think Dr. Plasma is going to view Jae getting him to turn himself in after that? Other people have tried to figure out a way to manufacture it in larger quantities, but the science on that isn't great. Probably not going to happen, and it's not worth worrying about him. He made his choices, and you have greater things to worry about."

She sits down on the air with her legs crossed, puts steeples her hands, and looks over them at you. "So when are you heading out to find any more information on the one who got away? Any ideas? Anything you're following up on? What's your current plan?" What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty Hopeless | Location: Outer Heaven Mother Base

O-oh. M-maybe she's right. I mean, she does know him better than me, right? She's fought him enough. Y-yeah.

Oh! Plans! That one percent guy! Uh uh uhhhhh.... ah!

"Well I don't know if like, going out to look would actually do a whole lot, since from what I was able to gather no one has heard of these guys before now. Or at least no one that's big has. So instead I was gonna get every bit of information about him I could out of Bastion, since he went face to face with him and all, and then putting all of that info into this data miner thing I've been working on."

I'm leaving out the part where 'working on' means 'there's a blank .txt file titled "Make Data Miner" on my HD'. The important part is that I can do it, I just haven't yet, is all.

"But with that thing having junk like his height, weight, any markings, uh I might even see if any of the cameras from the bank survived, if one of them has some audio, I could maybe rig something up with the cell grid... Oh! I'm getting off track! Sorry sorry! But uh, yeah, I wanna get that all set up and then have it do it's thing and just dig through all the data that people leave lying around on the net. Nowadays it's pretty hard to go completely offline, especially in a city, so sooner or later something connected to him should ping. Until then, we can just do our normal things, let them think we're happy with bagging Doctor Plasma, and we're not really looking hard for them."

I'm watching her every shift carefully, I'm really really hoping she likes my plan, huge airquotes.

[16:16:40] <ShootaElf> Pierce Zugora's Mask
[16:16:49] <ShootaElf> !r 2d6+1
[16:16:51] <Krysmbot> ShootaElf, 5+1 = 6
Yay. Potential. :geno:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Edelweiss: Zugora watches you, as you explain your plan. At the end, when you've said everything...she nods. "Yes. Sounds good. One thing though - the bank. Now, this kind of thing happens. And it can be repaired. But people tend not to like it if it looks like you're leaving behind a ruined mess just to go hang out. Your friends upstairs - they want to eat out, take time off together, etc. But how is that going to look to the average citizen, let alone the police who you dealt with yesterday? From their view, you will have just wrecked a bank, let a villain escape, and then laid around for an entire day before doing anything. If you get them to go out and start dealing with what's happened and trying to locate this man, it'll look a lot better. Now, of course, it's up to you. You don't have to worry about the regular people if you don't want to, but it's something to keep in mind. Personally I don't think you should care what the news or police say of you, but your teammates may feel differently. Have them at least do a little work today if that's what you want." She pauses. "Do you care what the media and citizens and police say about you, Edelweiss?"

So what do you think about what she just said? For what it's worth, she seems to think your plan is good. No problems worth bringing up at least. What do you do?

I'd like to bring the scene to an end soon, so if you want to get rid of Conditions now would be a good time to take actions or use moves or whatever that could help out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty Hopeless | Location: Outer Heaven Mother Base

"Well. yeah. I mean, we're there to keep them safe, right? And I kinda sorta think it's important, more than usual, with the team. 'Cause we've got Jae and Bastion, and also sorta Conflux, who're all dealing with people like, thinking bad of them." Once again thankful for being hidden by my suit, I let out a soundless sigh. "Anyway, I'll see if I can whip up some kinda patrol route for after everyone's done destressing. Maybe even get one of the other suits running in time, maybe if I... Oh! Um, sorry about that, i-is there anything else, Zugora?"

• Locked thread