Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Tama [...] was the first cat to become an executive of a railroad corporation.[7]

I love this sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

That's an adorable story. Reminds me of the dog that waited at the train for his master every day. One day his master died suddenly at work. That dog waited every day after that, for ten years. Just like that tearjerker episode of Futurama.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Fools Infinite posted:

The best thing about Agatha Christie is she wrote enough books to cover nearly every concievable twist.

Or maybe the best thing the self insert she repeatedly wrote in to complain about having to write novels about a foreign detective from a country she knew nothing about.

The best thing about Agatha Christie was how she tried to frame her husband for murder. Would be even cooler if she got away with it, I suppose.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

That's an adorable story. Reminds me of the dog that waited at the train for his master every day. One day his master died suddenly at work. That dog waited every day after that, for ten years. Just like that tearjerker episode of Futurama.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

I can’t believe you would do this to me.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Ariong posted:

I can’t believe you would do this to me.

I can do worse. Harry McNish and Mrs. Chippy.

The cat of the carpenter on the ill fated Shackleton expedition to the Antarctic. He was loved by the crew and by all accounts was a great kitty to have on a ship. With the ship hopelessly lodged in the ice, the crew was forced to abandon ship. The captain ordered the dogs and Mrs. Chippy to be shot. McNish never forgave him. He was instrumental in getting many men back home alive, but he never forgot about that cat. He motherfucked Shackleton till the day he died, for killing his cat. There is a tiny statue of Chippy on his grave. That warms my cold, awful heart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Chippy

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 07:59 on Nov 20, 2017

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Kris Kristofferson voiced a dog in what appears to be the worst thing ever since "Dog With a Blog".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfD8nLAeMDQ

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I can do worse. Harry McNish and Mrs. Chippy.

The cat of the carpenter on the ill fated Shackleton expedition to the Antarctic. He was loved by the crew and by all accounts was a great kitty to have on a ship. With the ship hopelessly lodged in the ice, the crew was forced to abandon ship. The captain ordered the dogs and Mrs. Chippy to be shot. McNish never forgave him. He was instrumental in getting many men back home alive, but he never forgot about that cat. He motherfucked Shackleton till the day he died, for killing his cat. There is a tiny statue of Chippy on his grave. That warms my cold, awful heart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Chippy

How you gonna be mad at a man for not letting your animal companion starve/freeze to death/get eaten by starving dogs?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
On a happier cat note, let's spare a thought for Unsinkable Sam who supposedly survived the sinking of as many as three different war ships during WW2 before finally being honorably discharged from the Royal Navy and taking up residence in a seaman's home in Belfast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsinkable_Sam

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PerilPastry posted:

On a happier cat note, let's spare a thought for Unsinkable Sam who supposedly survived the sinking of as many as three different war ships during WW2 before finally being honorably discharged from the Royal Navy and taking up residence in a seaman's home in Belfast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsinkable_Sam

Why did they keep putting this horribly cursed beast on vessels

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why did they keep putting this horribly cursed beast on vessels

Why did they not put it on german vessels

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The cat was a German spy, sorry to had to find out like this

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
One rainy day Prime Minister Winston Churchill was due to be entertained by a visiting magician named Jimmy Grippo. Grippo brought only a single deck of cards when he was ushered in Churchill's office. He asked Winston to mentally select one of the 52 cards without touching the deck or saying anything other than when he was ready. Churchill said he had selected a card, whereupon Grippo said some magic words and flung the entire deck against a nearby window, blasting cards all over the floor. He picked them up one at a time and counted as he did so, coming up with 51. The only card missing was the one Churchill had mentally chosen. Grippo pulled back the curtains on the window to reveal the card stuck to the glass, on the outside, soaked with rain.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Grippo's whole life is pretty interesting.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I came to New York just after the New Year to start a new job in research. Coming from Ohio was a slap in the face though, in terms of cost of living, so even though my income has doubled, I'm still only as well off as I was as a grad student. My wife and I have a young daughter and we can't afford to send her to preschool or day care, so we have to be a single-income family. Coming here has been the worst decision I have ever made, where I thought advancing my career has ultimately brought me to the brink of ruin. I nearly lost my wife over this, both through a rocky marriage and a cancer scare. I know that I've lost a few years from my life span over all of this and the end of it will likely be plagued with illness. And now I worry even more because the GOP will gut funding for scientific research, making it even harder for me to find work that will sustain us.

I've been feeling suicidal since about August, it's taking everything I have now to beat it back. I can't afford the medication that keeps me functioning. 2016 is, hands down, the worst year of my life, and mine's been full of unhappiness since early childhood.

So hey I stopped reading pyf last year after the election and randomly decided to click my last read post on a few old threads today.

I have got to know how 2017 treated this guy.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yikes, maybe you should leave for another year

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pvt.Scott posted:

How you gonna be mad at a man for not letting your animal companion starve/freeze to death/get eaten by starving dogs?

One does not need logic in matters of the heart

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

purple death ray posted:

So hey I stopped reading pyf last year after the election and randomly decided to click my last read post on a few old threads today.

Wow, that's way worse than the goon who noticed some MAGA chuds in their town so they quit their job on the spot and moved to a month-to-month rental in another town a few miles away. I actually feel bad for the dude in New York.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mammal Sauce posted:

Wow, that's way worse than the goon who noticed some MAGA chuds in their town so they quit their job on the spot and moved to a month-to-month rental in another town a few miles away. I actually feel bad for the dude in New York.

I read chuds as clouds and I honestly felt worse for him than new york guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

He's been posting semi frequently so hopefully not too bad. Last time was the 2nd

• Locked thread