Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

NihilismNow posted:

They serve dozens to hundreds of people a day, they aren't going to remember you after 4 weeks if it is even the same people working that shift.

im a cook and i still know our regulars tipping habits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thought
Mar 7, 2005

Murphy Brownback posted:

I think it's funny when people (especially nerdy shut in types) overcompensate and tip like 50-100% or those weird people who tip a bartender a 20 with their first drink. They'll go on and on about how it gets them better service and they are the favorite customer and it's almost like they are trying to buy a friend, but really they don't care about you and just see you as a bag of easy money they don't have to work hard to get.

Are you someone who takes tips?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

but how many people tip when they get take out?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

but how many people tip when they get take out?

I do, but a lower percentage than if I was eating at the restaurant.

I've always tipped decently, particularly at places I was a repeat customer, and it has always benefited me.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I do, but a lower percentage than if I was eating at the restaurant.

I've always tipped decently, particularly at places I was a repeat customer, and it has always benefited me.

How do you know that unless you also dont tip?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SurfaceDetail posted:

How do you know that unless you also dont tip?

Because it is loving obvious? Social interactions, including transaction-based ones, are not some baffling mystery to me.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LIFE HACK: Instead of leaving a tip I put a negative dollar amount then you can subtract it from the total and get a cheaper meal

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Bananana posted:

pretend I posted the "that's bait" mad max gif

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe

4outof5 posted:

Just tell them that it would be showing white privilege and enforcing stereotypes if you tipped well, or even at all, so in solidarity with black lives matter you can't tip as long as white cops murder innocent black men.

Black people don't tip anyway you stupid twit. Tipping pays for awesome service and people being happy to see you and under the table fringe benefits. Basically you tip well and you're the poo poo.

You're never the poo poo. You're a big fat loser.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
We ordered wings for lunch yesterday from a spot five blocks away. They usually take about half an hour to deliver, but they took an hour and 45 minutes so I only tipped the guy 4 bucks and change on a $47 bill. Later that afternoon found out it was national chicken wing day, felt bad for the guy cause they were probably swamped with orders.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I've delivered at places that paid minimum wage + tips + the driver got $1 of the $1.15 delivery charge and places that paid less than minimum for your on the road time + tips and drivers got none of the nearly $3 delivery fee. So IDK at least give the driver a buck or two?

Worst tippers: students that live in "luxury student living" big dumb gated apartments, people that live on streets named after a far away state, the eight year old kid who signs because mom is on her phone and shouts "you can sign it!" since he has no idea what tipping is, the poors on Third Street who give you $15 on $14.83 and ask for their change.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Celluloid Sam posted:

its a dicksuckers party

I'm so there as long as I don't have to suck dick.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chief McHeath posted:

I've delivered at places that paid minimum wage + tips + the driver got $1 of the $1.15 delivery charge and places that paid less than minimum for your on the road time + tips and drivers got none of the nearly $3 delivery fee. So IDK at least give the driver a buck or two?

Worst tippers: students that live in "luxury student living" big dumb gated apartments, people that live on streets named after a far away state, the eight year old kid who signs because mom is on her phone and shouts "you can sign it!" since he has no idea what tipping is, the poors on Third Street who give you $15 on $14.83 and ask for their change.

I thought delivery charges don't go to the driver?

That's the last time I tip delivery that has a delivery charge tacked on.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

TBeats posted:

I thought delivery charges don't go to the driver?

That's the last time I tip delivery that has a delivery charge tacked on.

It varies a lot but most places that don't give the driver anything will put a disclaimer saying so.

But its not really a problem for me because tipping is for punks. I've always gotten my food in a timely manner.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's a gag page on Facebook called 'Bodybuilders Against Tipping' and it's kind of hilarious to see people explode when they think it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
ITT goons have an earnest debate over an obvious baithread, meanwhile puppetmaster 4outof5 sips his chianti and cackles.

• Locked thread