Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Voting for Carl on Team 1 so we can show him off. I don't have any other preferences here.

I'll work on Missed Monsters tonight or tomorrow and try to get the next set out soon. Welcome back, Leave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

:O I never knew Gogo could set commands!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

:O I never knew Gogo could set commands!

In the SNES version his stat screen is a bit off, it has a line about 1/4 off the top of the screen. It made me wonder what was up, and if you hit right I think the command list popped up.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Yeah, for a while my best friend and I figured Gogo was useless because he couldn't do anything other than mimic. Then we noticed the stat screen nonsense and were immediately :aaaaa:

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Team 1: Carl, Lenny, Remain, Wendy

Team A: Terra, Jack, Leave, Setzer

Hope I did that right! (I don't remember all the custom names either :ohdear: )

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Gogo is wonderful for one reason and one reason only, also known as the only reason I used him. There's something that you can hunt for in a jungle that makes your artist into the destructive force of nature she was always meant to be.

Alternatively, you can have Gogo steal it from a certain match in the Arena. That's what I used him for.

That, and saving before going in, because the bloody mimic would mess it up nine times out of ten.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Leavemywife posted:

Personally, I've always imagined this as a bushy, Mario type mustache. I suppose it could also be a pencil-thin John Waters type.

However you imagine it, picture it on a small child, since it's for Wendy.
Luckily, FFXIV has a False Moustache, which I can put on a Lalafell (which is like a small child).

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

FeyerbrandX posted:

In the SNES version his stat screen is a bit off, it has a line about 1/4 off the top of the screen. It made me wonder what was up, and if you hit right I think the command list popped up.

That's a rendering bug. It's unfortunate that they don't make it clearer that you can set commands in the SNES version, though.

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
Two mistakes I have made in this game:
1. Not realizing that Gogo could equip skills until a friend explained to me why he wasn't the worst character.
2. Sending Pog into the next dungeon in a group all by his lonesome.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Team 1: Olivia, Leave, Remain, Carl

Team A: Terra, Bowser, Jack, Lenny

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Team 1: Carl, Leave, Terra, Wendy

Team A: Lenny, Remain, Pog, Bowser

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Why do people hate the Phoenix Cave? It’s long, sure, but I thought it was interesting and a bit of a challenge (unlike 95% of this game).

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Team 1: Terra, Carl, Wendy, Bowser
Team A: Pog, Leave, Remain, Olivia

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Bregor posted:

Why do people hate the Phoenix Cave? It’s long, sure, but I thought it was interesting and a bit of a challenge (unlike 95% of this game).

Probably in some part because it’s fairly viable to run with the same party for most of the second half of the game, which... obviously comes to bite you in the rear end with these multi-party dungeons.

I just dislike them because I always find myself second-guessing the balance of my parties.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Bregor posted:

There's one specific enemy in Phoenix Cave that just outright pisses me off, I'm sure Leave will cover it. If it weren't for that one enemy, Phoenix Cave would be inoffensive to me. Doesn't help that I like to do it on the early side of the WoR when I play, so I get Nate back.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

SorataYuy posted:

Team 1: Olivia, Leave, Remain, Carl

Team A: Terra, Bowser, Jack, Lenny

This sounds good

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Olivia, Wendy, Terra, and Bowser.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If I remember correctly from my jaunt through a Beyond Chaos run and the frantic Googling that occurred, the Hero Ring stacks with the Earrings as if it were also an Earring. Granted, the use of a physical AND magic boost on one character is questionable. I'm not sure why the physical boosting items don't stack, as magic is better in all but one way; the useful physical attack can still be maxed out without stacking physical damage.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Lakitu Alphonsa's Missed Monsters Update 9:
- 'Greetings, fans of this Final Fantasy VI LP! Lakitu Alphonse, here once again!'

- 'And I'm here too! Boy, do we have a bunch of stuff to catch up on.'

- 'Yeah. Let's get to it, huh?'

---
World of Ruin (Zozo Area)

- 'No new monsters around here, really. Our usual sources lacked information and we were forced to conclude the environment acknowledges most gamers are using the Airship by now.'

- 'I was surprised the Monsters inside Zozo got so much stronger... or rather that they didn't. Except in Mount Zozo, of course.'

---
Mount Zozo

Missed- Devil Fist.

Not Missed- Mugbear, Punisher, Luridan, Glasya Labolas, Storm Dragon.

Devil Fist

Level: 34 HP: 1759 MP: 68
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 10 Magic: 10 Speed: 37 Evasion: 120
Defense: 125 Magic Defense: 145 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: None.
Elemental Absorptions: Poison.
Status Immunities: Petrify, Berserk, Death, Fraction. Auto-Hasted.
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Brigand's Glove
Drop: Air Knife. Rare Drop: NA
Exp: 797 Gold: 2000
Game Commentary: Only attacks physically, but watch out for his Knife (counterattack, 1.5x damage).
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Scrapper. Another rejected Kung Fu Student of Master Duncan, or perhaps Vargas is still alive somewhere training a Cobra Kai Dojo of these guys.

---
World of Ruin (Maranda Area)

Missed- Leviathan, Cactaur.

Leviathan

Level: 91 HP: 32000 MP: 7000
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 22 Magic: 14 Speed: Evasion: 0
Defense: 140 Magic Defense: 120 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: None
Elemental Absorptions: Water
Status Immunities: Everything
Steal: NA Rare Steal: NA
Drop: NA Rare Drop: NA
Exp: 0 Gold: 10000
Game Commentary: None.
Lakitu's Commentary: Not much to say about this guy except he can make your boat rides pretty dangerous.

- "We're not doing Cactaur. We wanted to, but were voided by the Big Boss."
- "Good, because I hate trying to catch those little buggers. The one time I did, it didn't even taste that good."
---
Narshe Town and Caves

Missed- Test Rider

Not Missed- Garm, Lukhavi, Psycho, Wizard, Magna Roaders 3 and 4, Ice Dragon, Tritoch, Yeti, Illuyanka, Tzakmagiel, Knotty.

Test Rider

Level: 32 HP: 3100 MP: 220
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 27 Magic: 10 Speed: 40 Evasion: 0
Defense: 135 Magic Defense: 155 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Poison
Elemental Absorptions: None
Status Immunities: Imp, Petrify, Doom, Critical, Confuse, Fraction.
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Partisan
Drop: Heavy Lance Rare Drop: NA
Exp: 1947 Gold: 520
Game Commentary: A knight riding a giant beast. Attacks with Gold Lance.
Lakitu's Commentary: Kefka's ex-bodyguard, powered up a bit.

---
Cultists' Tower

Missed- Level 70,80,90 Magic.

- 'Great! They just had to leave the toughest ones for us!'
- 'We debated holding off on these guys in case Leave wanted to show them when he goes back for Magi Master but what the heck...'

Level 70 Magic

Level: 56 HP: 7000 MP: 3000
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 10 Magic: 16 Speed: 40 Evasion: 100
Defense: 200 Magic Defense: 120 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Water, Ice
Elemental Absorptions: Fire
Status Immunities: Critical, Imp, Poison, Sleep, Berserk, Confuse
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Hi-Ether
Drop: NA Rare Drop: Tincture
Exp: 0 Gold: 0
Game Commentary: Casts Fire 3 and Ice 3 spells while strengthening defense with Reflect.
Lakitu's Commentary: Always has Reflect on. We had to bring Kammy along to help us kill these guys.

Level 80 Magic

Level: 53 HP: 8000 MP: 2800
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 10 Magic: 15 Speed: 37 Evasion: 100
Defense: 200 Magic Defense: 115 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Poison
Status Immunities: Confuse, Silence, Slow, Berserk, Stop, Imp
Drop: NA Rare Drop: Ether
Game Commentary: Uses recovery spells like Cure 3 and Remedy.
Lakitu's Commentary: These gals can know when you have Reflect up. They bounce their Magic off you and hit their allies. They can bounce attack spells off their Reflect-powered allies too. Again, am I glad we had Kammy along to help!

Level 90 Magic

Level: 55 HP: 9000 MP: 9000
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 10 Magic: 14 Speed: 38 Evasion: 100
Defense: 200 Magic Defense: 110 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: None
Elemental Absorptions: Wind. No damage from Holy, Earth, or Water.
Status Immunities: Imp, Petrify, Death, Silence, Critical, Fraction
Drop: NA Rare Drop: Ether
Game Commentary: A powerful mage that attacks using spells like Meteo, Flare, and Meltdown.
Lakitu's Commentary: Always have Reflect up, and they can cast lots of nasty magic. The worst thing is, a single one of these guys can Pincer Attack you for some reason.

---
Zone Eater's Belly

Baalzephon

Level: 43 HP: 3609 MP: 300
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 17 Magic: 11 Speed: 32 Evasion: 20
Defense: 105 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire
Elemental Absorptions: Poison, Wind, Earth, Water, Lightning, Ice.
Status Immunities: Blind, Poison, Imp, Petrify, Critical, Slow, Berserk, Confuse, Stop.
Steal: Kunai Rare Steal: Sasuke
Exp: 1385 Gold: 826
Game Commentary: This enemy might look like a pierror entertainer, but his lunatic performance puts victims into a Frenzy.
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Wooly. Cast powerful Ice Elemental attacks and Berserk. Usually paired with other enemies that cast Imp.

Wartpuck

Level: 44 HP: 3559 MP: 330
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: Magic: 11 Speed: 35 Evasion: 0
Defense: 120 Magic Defense: 160 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire
Status Immunities: Poison, Imp, Death, Confuse, Berserk, Slow, Stop, Fraction
Steal: Dried Meat Rare Steal: Flail
Exp: 1595 Gold: 1169
Game Commentary: Puts enemies to sleep with Yawn, and blows people out of the party with Sneeze.
Lakitu's Commentary: Annoying enemy. Best killed quickly.

Kamui

Level: 44 HP: 4211 MP: 219
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 19 Magic: 11 Speed: 32 Evasion: 0
Defense: 100 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Lightning, Poison
Status Immunities: Fraction, Critical, Petrify, Sleep, Death, Silence.
Steal: Ashura Rare Steal: Murasame
Drop: NA Rare Drop: Holy Water
Exp: 1583 Gold: 869
Game Commentary: A 4-armed warrior. Uses a multi-armed double Zombite attack.
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Ogor. Can turn people into Zombies three times a round. Kill these as soon as you can!

- 'We were really peeved we couldn't kill those green guys in here who kept pushing us off the bridges. At least one can presume they're constantly finding new definitions of pain and suffering as they are slowly digested for over a thousand years.'
- 'Best Star Wars line ever.'

- 'Looking forward to the Phoenix Cave. Hey Ultros, we need a few more guys to scout this place. I'll grab Rocky and Hammer, can you get some folks too?'
- 'Yeah, sure. Typhon's free since his Coliseum fights usually go pretty quick. Just be careful around him, he's got a cold you know. I'll grab Ziegfried too. The one who's actually good at swordfighting. The other one can suck a lemon!'
- 'See you next time, FFVI fans!'

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leavemywife posted:

I'm not sure what ringmaster they're talking about in the description. PT Barnum, from my quick Googling, did not have a mustache (and is a hysterically ugly man, holy poo poo).

I'd assume J. A. Bailey. He had some prodigious facial hair.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Baalzephon is kinda noteworthy for, if anyone missed it, absorbing everything but Fire, which Bruce negates with the Snow Muffler that can boost his defense to max. It’s more of a novelty since this isn’t a terribly hard game, but still.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm trying and failing to come up with reasons only the Figaro Brothers could wear something. Unless it was royal. But what about that jacket...?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Guys, I'm calling it. I've got no motivation to record footage for this game. I haven't had fun with this LP since about the beginning, so I'm shutting it down.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leavemywife posted:

Guys, I'm calling it. I've got no motivation to record footage for this game. I haven't had fun with this LP since about the beginning, so I'm shutting it down.

:smithcloud:

:negative:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Leavemywife posted:

Life's too short to do poo poo you hate for nothing.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Leavemywife posted:

This makes me sad, but...

GunnerJ posted:

Life's too short to do poo poo you hate for nothing.

This. The only thing worse than no LP is one where it's obvious the LPer isn't into it anymore.

Good luck with your next project, whatever and whenever it may be! :cheers:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I'm disappointed, but it's ok. Enjoy your life and family, hope to see you again doing another LP down the line if you ever wish to make one. Thanks for the entertainment.

Thanks also for the chance to do my Missed Monsters bits, I enjoyed writing them. No, I'm not writing any more- if Leave stops the LP, so do I. I encourage everyone to check out the LP Archive or play FFVI themselves if they wish to know the rest of the game.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Aw, and we were so close to the end too. Happens though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a shame, but thanks for the ride up to here.

• Locked thread