Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So Breath of the Wild is that good huh :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

:v:

I'm editing the next couple of fights now. I am still super in the Zelda zone, but I'm going to try and make a commitment to get back on schedule.

whether that works out or not, who can say

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

It's been a long time, and between Breath of the Wild coming out, work, and a whole bunch of other stuff, I've been kind of distracted. That said, I did do some work in high rank. It's time to come to terms with the idea that pink doesn't look good on everything.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
This is the first Monster Hunter video to come out since I changed microphones. I sound a lot better now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I made Pink Rathian armor back in 4U. I like pink. :colbert:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Pink is a good color, just not for rathians.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Aw a shout-out :3: I just like watching other people play MH because I don't play it multiplayer as much as I should. Or at all, for that matter.

I like having a monster like Pink Rathian at this point in the game because it pretty much forces the player to come to grips with the idea of having specific loadouts, or at least specific armors, for certain hunts. Quite a few really tough monsters can be made easier with the right armor skill.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
I used to remember that in a previous run through by a Shepherd he used to prep the landing spot with barrels and barrels of explosives. He'd hook the enemy, it lands on the explosives and then he'd set it off. I think the silliest it had gotten was a full team of four hunters, each with a large bomb, a small bomb and everyone waiting for the explosive start.

maseca
Mar 18, 2017

man i haven't played 3u in ages... would love to play online and contribute to the thread :)

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I heard that this dude's hitbox was fixed slightly for the rerelease.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I actually got 3U for the Wii U cuz of this thread, i'm only hr 2 at the moment but would love to do some online shennanighans too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busier than ever with work, and I've also been working on getting some real life business done for a good few months now. I'm still pretty locked up in it all, so for that reason I've decided to bring the LP to a close. I had sat down to record some multiplayer the other day and by the end of it, I had come to to conclusion that I'm just not in it anymore. I can't seem to find the time to put episodes together or get more footage for single player, and having been playing a decent amount of 4U and Generations recently, I've also just been out of my depth in 3U, despite having played so much of it. It seems like whether it's in actual hunting technique or in commentary about it, I'm coming up short.

I'd like to thank everyone who watched and followed along with the thread. It was a legitimate joy to see responses to the game and the videos. If you haven't gotten into Monster Hunter yet, I'd say now is a better time than ever, since we got an announcement for Monster Hunter World next year. I don't want anyone to think that this cancellation is the fault of the game, when instead it's just that I no longer feel like I'm the best person to do this LP. If anything, I hope that the message people take away from this is that "Hey, I should give Monster Hunter a try."

• Locked thread