Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Bitronel's spell takes out wolf 6, but the injured wolf 4 lashes out viciously at his magical partner, digging its teeth into Henlein's arm (critical hit - 10 damage).

pre:
Combatant          Init
Bitronel           17
Maria              16
Wolf 4             ??
Voleur             14
Water Rondo        14
Henlein            13
Dian               12
Wolf 5             ??
Nergui             10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Voleur

Feigning a mocking tone, he steps out of the way of one of the wolves before the ground itself tears it asunder. "Oh, you're being outfought by a Moogle!"

Finally taking a swing, he exasperates with effort. "A Moogle that throws fire from his little hands!"

1d100=42 for 14+1d6=16 damage
pre:
HP:    33/42
EVA:   16    M. EVA: 12
ARM:   8     M. Arm: 9
DEX:   65    ACC:    54
I think that was a hit! Feel free to let me know if I'm misinterpreting!

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 13, 2016

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Maria's watery melody does its work taking out the mostly-dead wolf, but the other remains on its feet (albeit injured), and neatly dodges Voleur's knife swipe.

Sorry, Rhyos, but you only beat your Accuracy by 12, and it's been established that the wolves have better Evasion than that.

pre:
Combatant          Init
Bitronel           17
Maria              16
Voleur             14
Water Rondo        14
Henlein            13
Dian               12
Wolf 5             ??
Nergui             10

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Dian keeps coming up with them, this time waiting to mutter her one-liner as she catches instead of on impact, "Sent to the farm on wings of wood!"

attacks; damages: 2#1d100 54 40 2#1d6+22 28 23

pre:
HP:	49/49
EVA:	12	M. EVA:	2
ARM:	6	M. ARM:	2
DEX:	57	MND:	53
ACC:	97	M. ACC:	103

ACC+:	118
EVA+:	15
[/quote]

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Henlein

HP: 41/41
MP: 14/21

Armor: 6
M. Armor: 12

Evasion: 13
M. Evasion: 20

Acc: 73
M. Acc: 131

(Sorry, convention over the weekend, was hoping the last wolf wouldn't last the turn. [url=http://orokos.com/roll/427207]I didn't quite make the hit, anyway.[url])

Henlein readies another swing of his staff, but the wolf dodges out of the way at the last second. One would think Time Mages would be masters of physical timing, but there's a difference between knowing the timing, and getting one's body to cooperate, especially at Henlein's age. He was no spring chicken even before he'd meddled with forces beyond his ken.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

EclecticTastes posted:

Sorry, convention over the weekend, was hoping the last wolf wouldn't last the turn.

In fact Dian's attack does kill the wolf - but you act first, and if you wanted to cast a spell instead of attacking (to avoid risking that it might survive), or take some other action, you've got to make that call first.

Dian's twin strikes bring down the last of the wolves, ending the fight. Whatever it is that's watching you from among the trees turns its back and flees. If you want to pursue it, you'll need to go immediately. Otherwise, you have time for a breather or a break to recover some of your wounds.

Regardless, everyone earns 128 XP and 43 Gil. (The Gil value is before any personal modifiers, like Gillionaire or Gold Sink - you can apply those yourselves.)

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Dian gives chase, saying over her shoulder, "I'm on the hunt, follow me!"

Speed (rating 37): 1d100 18

pre:
XP:	128/500	
Gil:	45

(3)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Bitronel

HP: 23/37
MP: 10/24
Gil: 91

pre:
Evasion: 13          Magic Evasion: 18
Armor: 4             Magic Armor: 10
Dexterity: 63        Mind: 71
Accuracy: 23         Magic Accuracy: 121 +10
Speed 31: 1d100 40

The moogle does his best to bind his wounds before limping after Dian.

"Oh yes so easy to rush into danger when you're never actually in any danger, Isn't it Dian?"

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Elder Nergüi

The Sasquatch Elder trails closely behind the group, making sure to keep an eye out in case the group was being baited into a trap.

Awareness (30): 1d100 42
Speed (25): 1d100 78

(If I can only choose one, I'm going to go with the perception roll)

pre:
HP: 44/44
MP: 21/22
Evasion:     9+25% (11)             Magic Evasion:  13
Armor:       8                      Magic Armor:    7
Dexterity:   59+25% (73)            Mind:           65 
Accuracy:    79 + 25% (98)          Magic Accuracy: 125

Weapon: Light Axe (16+1d12) damage

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Voleur

Wincing as he squeezes on one of the wounds on his arm, he trots to try and keep up with the group. "I swear, I'm going to sue that guy's pants off! Not just the ones he's wearing, but his entire wardrobe!"

Speed(37): 1d100=66

"I want all of his pants."

pre:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Princess Maria di Mezzo Carattere -- HP 38/38

(Sorry, past few days have been poo poo, and I'm helping with a local festival. Here's just my roll.)

Speed (34): 1d100 50

pre:
Evasion:	21+25% (26.25)	Magic Evasion: 	18
Armor:		6+10% (6.6)	Magic Armor: 	9+25% (11.25)
Dexterity:	67		Mind: 		67	
Accuracy:	87+25%(108.75)	Magic Accuracy: 117
Expertise:	46

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Henlein

MP: 9/21

Henlein pauses as the chase starts, and casts a Sprint spell on Dian, to help her catch their mystery observer. While to the untrained eye, Sprint merely increases a person's running speed, the true workings are much more complex. Sprint actually "deletes" portions of the subject's personal timeline corresponding to the time it would take them to move from one point to another, effectively making them move forward much faster, by temporally truncating each step. The missing moments are carefully chosen so as to be imperceptible to the naked eye, and this method is used for all speed-increasing spells within the realm of Time Magic. Merely forcing an increase in speed is so vulgar, it's much more efficient to just selectively annihilate small fragments of time. Once he's weaved the spell, Henlein moves to keep up, showing that he remains quite spry, despite his debility.

(Speed roll: 14 under 31, a likely success, though I'll probably be slowed some by casting that spell.)

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Thanks to Henlein's magic, Dian is able to outpace the rest of your party with ease. It doesn't take her long to catch her quarry, which stumbles back in surprise. It's small, ugly, and carrying a heavy length of wood: a run-of-the-mill goblin. It seems frightened of her, but raises its club in a defensive posture, as if expecting her to strike at any moment.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Dian runs circles around the goblin until her allies show up. They can decide what to do with it. "Scouting us out for its fellows probably. Or maybe Garland."

pre:

(3)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Bitronel

pre:
"Why would Garland be working with a common Goblin? Perhaps you can intimidate it into providing us some information, or voiding itself. Or both. I'll stand upwind."

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

As Dian runs circles around the goblin, she sees something out of the corner of her eye. She's forced to cut her circuit short to narrowly dodge the rock as it sails through the air, missing her face by inches. As she pauses to get her bearings, she realizes that she's not alone with the goblin: there are more wolves here as well, in addition to two more goblins. Of the latter, one wears animal hides and carries an actual metal knife, and looks considerably tougher than the others. As Henlein arrives in the clearing, it points at the two of you and shouts something at its fellows, who close in to attack.

pre:
Combatant          Init
Dian                 16
Wolf 2               ??
Goblin 1             ??
Goblin 2             ??
Wolf 1               ??
Henlein               9
Goblin Guard         ??
Since both of you are in the back row, you both move to the front automatically.

The rest of you failed your Speed checks and will arrive at the start of the next round.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Voleur

Goblins? Perhaps it was time to reconsider the terms of this prosecution. Dashing to the side, he slows up just a little bit, attempting to circle around. He might not be able to do much in a stand-up fight, but if the defense doesn't see his "argument" coming, it just might have more impact.

Stealth(32): 1d100=64

pre:
[/quote]

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Note to self, sometimes succeeding is worse than failing.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Dian turns on a dime, picks up Henlein, and runs the other way.
http://orokos.com/roll/431429: 1d100 7

pre:

(3)

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 29, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Henlein

MP: 9/21

Henlein considers casting an Escape spell, but can feel his reserves running dry, something he's not used to, not only due to having once been much more powerful, but also because the academy had nearly limitless reserves of ether available for faculty, which on reflection may have contributed to his thinking that altering the past would be safe and easy. It also occurs to him that, despite being carried at the moment, Escape is quite specific in only affecting a single person. It's quite fascinating, really, Escape makes use of the fact that time and space are actually functions of one another, and simply deletes a one-dimensional line of space between the target and destination, as well as an equal amount of space on the far side of the destination, causing the target to be instantly transported without having to move an inch, as surrounding space collapses together to seal the gap. The actual amount of space deleted is miniscule, and given that it's the only truly infinite resource in the universe, it's far more efficient than applying force to move the target, or worse, attempting to actually teleport them.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

If you guys want to take Escape Actions you'll need to make Speed checks.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

(Speed check of 10 under 31. Looks like Henlein's feeling pretty spry today.)

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Sorry, work's been pretty crazy for the last few days. It's for good reasons, but it's been exhausting. Things should be normalizing now though.

Dian turns and flees, leaving Henlein to fend for himself. The monsters rain blows on the mage (in order: 15, 8, 7, and 13 damage), and surrounded as he is, he's unable to escape. Luckily, he's able to parry the goblin guard's attack, despite his injuries.

Dian, meanwhile turns and flees, nearly running headfirst into Nergui as she does. The remaining five of you can turn and flee, or go back for Henlein - but you'll have to decide quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Bitronel

pre:
"Guys, the Rogedyn is running towards us.. but our human friend is not. I think we should probably help him before he loses consciousness."

• Locked thread