Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Dave posted:

Please refer to him as his best role, Donkey Lips.

Idk that role, but everyone always mentions it whenever he comes up. It was some Nickelodeon show wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wait they made a ps3 version

They made Madden 2012 for the PS2.

Which is dumb because the series peaked with 2005. :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wait they made a ps3 version

FIFA 2014 was released on the PS2

PS3 will still see sports releases as long as a decent amount of people still buy them

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

Idk that role, but everyone always mentions it whenever he comes up. It was some Nickelodeon show wasn't it?

Yes. It was a show called Hey Dude that ran in the early - mid 90s

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

its a little wild
and a little strange
when you make your home
out on the range

so grab a horse
and come a long
cause you can't get a ride
if you can't hold on

singing

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

sam bradford lmao posted:

I feel bad for Romo, mainly because of the largely idiot fanbase he's had to play for

He has had sex with super hotter guys and girls then you. I will not feel bad for him. Feel bad for that goofy head coach of Dallas. He has never scored.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A Man and his dog posted:

It was Salute Your Shorts, not Hey Dude.

Hey Dude had Christine Taylor.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

It was Salute Your Shorts, not Hey Dude.

Hey Dude had Christine Taylor.

Nah, you're thinking of Melissa Joan Heart.

Christine Taylor was on hillside, then on the mystery files of shelby woo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah, you're thinking of Melissa Joan Heart.

Christine Taylor was on hillside, then on the mystery files of shelby woo

Melissa Joan Heart wasn't on Hey Dude she was on Clarissa.

Smh.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TBeats posted:

Melissa Joan Heart wasn't on Hey Dude she was on Clarissa.

Smh.

Nah raven was on clarissa.

also lol the brown

quote:

Free agent CB K'Waun Williams wants the Browns to pay for his ankle surgery.

Williams was waived by the Browns after the two sides disagreed about whether he needed surgery to remove bone spurs in his ankle. The Bears claimed Williams off waivers, but he became a free agent after failing their physical, suggesting he does need surgery. Considering he does appear to be injured and suffered the issue while with the Browns, Cleveland will likely be forced to pay out some kind of settlement.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 1, 2016

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Aqib Talib is a shithead? Why I never!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I imagine the people thinking he should come back a month after suffering his second broken back are the same people who thought there was nothing wrong with bringing him back early from his collarbone injury. When he re-injures it inevitably, they'll be as genuinely surprised as they were when he re-injured that too.

This movie already played. It didn't have a happy ending the first time either. All this has happened before and will happen again

Tony Romo is going to end up living the rest of his life in a wheelchair and it's all loving moron Cowboys fans' fault.

He'll never golf again :smith:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

axeil posted:

Tony Romo is going to end up living the rest of his life in a wheelchair and it's all loving moron Cowboys fans' fault.

the gently caress? dont blame the fans, we don't make the decisions

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

The Jets will have no TEs once they cut Amaro. Make it happen Macc.

Talk about not deserving your roster spot...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Jets should just carry a couple extra linemen, why even bother with the tight end window dressing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 1, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

axeil posted:

This is about as dumb a take as I've seen. The fans don't clear him medically nor do they decide if he wants to go back out there

For some extra perspective, David Carr had this same injury while in Houston. He missed only a couple of weeks and didn't have a problem with it again despite playing behind the league's worst offensive line, though he did later admit that it was a while before he was back at full strength. He played 3 full seasons following that behind, again, the league's worst line.

I'm not saying Romo should rush back out there, but this isn't a career-ending injury just because it involves the word "vertebrae"

E: I want to underline that, following his broken vertebrae, Carr went on to play 3 full seasons in which he was sacked 158 loving times. He went on to win a Super Bowl ring with the 2011 Giants.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 1, 2016

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Also

He sure didn't waste a lot of time getting back into form this year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Because it's never too early for draft talk, Kiper released his big board:

quote:

1. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

Outside of quarterback, there is no greater premium position in the modern NFL than a premium pass-rusher, and Williams can be simply unblockable. He had 10.5 sacks even though he played only about 20 percent of defensive snaps. And that's just the challenge: Does he play the run well, and will he be dominant when he stays on the field more? If not, he'll drop.

2. *Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

A brilliant, natural pass-rushing talent who, at 6-foot-5, 265 pounds, has the length, strength and ability to bend the edge. Like Williams, he needs to get better against the run. Garrett has production, with 23.0 sacks in two years, and looks like a top-five lock if he stays healthy. He comes from an athletic family -- both his brother and sister are great athletes.

3. *Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

I usually devalue running backs at the top, but a healthy Fournette is really special. He has an incredible combination of size, speed and power that can make him look like a varsity player hanging with the JV. The question, of course, is whether he stays healthy. His 300 carries last year, if repeated, could drop his value for some teams even if he arrives healthy. Mileage is mileage.

4. *Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

A home run hitter, Cook can turn small creases into massive gains and has a versatile game, with good hands and the ability to find and pick up blitzes. The thing you like about Cook is he can flat-out run away from defenses but still packs a punch at 210-plus pounds.

5. *Jamal Adams, S, LSU

He has the great bloodlines -- his dad was the No. 19 overall pick in the 1985 NFL draft -- and Adams is built for today's NFL, as a versatile safety who can play in the box effectively and make tackles against the run and also move to the edges and track slot receivers. There is a premium on these Monsterbacks.

6. *Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State

I was tempted to put McDowell No. 1 or No. 2 on potential, but he needs more production. That said, it's going to come, because he's a fantastic athlete with a huge frame (6-6, 290), and he can overwhelm blockers one on one. What happens when it's all double-teams is a question. He could be the top pick when it's all said and done.

7. *Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

At 6-2, 210 pounds, he might not have ideal size, but he's not small. He combines arm strength and touch and has tremendous ability with the ball in his hands, which doesn't just mean running; he also throws well on the move. He needs to get stronger, but as the nation saw in the national title game, Nick Saban's defense couldn't stop him.

8. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

Allen was brilliant in 2015, leading the Crimson Tide in sacks (12) and tackles for loss (14.5). Defensive end, defensive tackle -- he can play anywhere on the line. He could be in the mix for the top pick by April.

9. *JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

Smith-Schuster is an elite and prolific wide receiver, with 143 catches over two years at USC. He has a coveted combination of size and speed, and he isn't shy when it comes to delivering a blow or playing through contact. I'm excited to see his matchup against Alabama's Marlon Humphrey, who I have later on this list, in the opening weekend of the season.

10. Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama

I thought Foster was Alabama's best linebacker last season. Yes, better than Reggie Ragland, who went in the second round to the Bills in this year's draft and whom I had as the No. 24-ranked player. Foster has more range and is more complete. Expect Foster to follow in the footsteps of inside linebackers from Alabama who have gone in the first round, such as Rolando McClain, Dont'a Hightower and C.J. Mosley.

11. **Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan

Coach Jim Harbaugh raves about Peppers, who might be the most versatile player in college football. At 6-foot, 210 pounds, he plays safety, corner and outside linebacker and is even a dynamic returner. Not having a defined position could hurt him in scouts' eyes, though. He needs to settle in. Could he become a Deone Bucannon at the next level? I expect him to test off the charts when he comes to the NFL combine.

12. *Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

A 6-6, 327-pound tackle, Robinson was a Day 1 starter at Alabama, and he's already a known commodity around the NFL. With 29 starts over two years in the rugged SEC, he's battle-tested and extremely consistent. Robinson is pretty close to the range of "prototype" at the position and could move into the top 10 with another solid season.

13. *Charles Harris, DE, Missouri

The 6-3, 255-pound Harris is a pure pass-rusher. You also could make a case for him as the most disruptive defender in the SEC last season. He led the conference with 18.5 tackles for loss. He could play with his hand on the ground in a 4-3 defense or as a stand-up rusher in a 3-4.

14. *Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla)

Kaaya is one of the toughest quarterbacks I've ever graded. He has a big arm, touch and growing poise as he reads the whole field. But he does force some throws and take some chances, and he needs to be more aware of coverages. He has 42 touchdown passes and 17 interceptions in his career. I think he'll continue to get better, and he's in store for a big year.

15. **Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

Nelson is entertaining to watch. How many times do you say that about a guard? And that was his first year of playing college football; he didn't play as a freshman. At 6-5, 325 pounds, he's incredibly powerful. It's rare for me to rate a redshirt sophomore this high, but Nelson is a mauler. The Notre Dame offensive line is loaded again.

16. *Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

Tabor just makes big plays. He showed up in big moments every time I turned on the tape, breaking up passes and locking down defenders. He returned two interceptions for touchdowns in 2015. You can argue that Tabor was the most consistently effective Florida cornerback last season -- and Vernon Hargreaves III went No. 11 overall to the Bucs. Tabor is suspended for the Gators' first game of the season.

17. *Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

A scary neck injury in the first game ended his 2015 season, but he'll be Watson's go-to target in the Tigers' offense in 2016. Williams has great burst and speed for his size (6-2, 225 pounds) and put up more than 1,000 receiving yards as a sophomore in 2014. If he shows he's healthy this season, he could be the first wideout off the board in April.

18. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

The senior hasn't been a prolific pass-catcher at Alabama, but he has all the tools scouts look for in an NFL tight end. At 6-6, 250 pounds, Howard is going to light up the NFL combine. He can stretch the deep middle of the field and become a more dynamic weapon. The Crimson Tide needs to get him more involved in that offense. He had only 38 catches last season, but he lit up the national title game with 208 receiving yards and two touchdowns. I could see a team taking him in the top 12.

19. *Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford

This kid does it all for the Cardinal. He runs, catches passes, blocks and returns kicks and punts. McCaffrey has incredible balance and could be an every-down back in the NFL. It helps that he plays in a pro-style offense at Stanford. He put up huge numbers last season and finished second in the Heisman voting. His father, Ed, had a long NFL career as a wide receiver, and his brother, Max, was a good receiver at Duke.

20. *Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State

At 6-7, Johnson is a natural left tackle with tremendous feet and good balance. After getting starts at left tackle as a true freshman, he was superb as a true sophomore and could rise up the board with another solid season. I moved him down from my post-draft Big Board because I'd like to see him dominate more, but there's no question he could be a top-10 pick.

Injuries have derailed Carl Lawson's career at Auburn, but he could have a big 2016 season. John Reed/USA TODAY Sports

21. *Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

Injury issues have hurt Lawson, but he could soar up the board. He didn't play at all in 2014 because of a torn ACL, and he missed several games last season because of a hip injury. This is a big season for Lawson. At his best, he's as good as any defensive end in this class. The pass-rush potential is there, but so far, he's better at pushing with power and controlling the blocker.

22. *Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

McGlinchey is a massive (6-7, 310) athlete who looks like a tight end with pads on. He could probably play tight end in a pinch. He played right tackle last season while Ronnie Stanley, who was the first tackle picked in the 2016 draft, played on the left. Now McGlinchey is moving to the left side. Remember that Stanley made the same transition.

23. Devonte Fields, OLB, Louisville

Fields has had a strange path, but on the field all he does is wreak havoc in the backfield. As a freshman at TCU in 2013, he had 10 sacks and was named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. He was then dismissed from TCU in 2014 and had to go to a junior college before landing at Louisville. He finished on a tear last season, posting 8.5 sacks in his last four games. NFL teams covet pass-rushers, and Fields is one of the best in this draft.

24. **Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

Humphrey is a big lockdown corner at 6-foot-1, but he's very young. He had three interceptions as a redshirt freshman last season, and he was a key playmaker for the national champs. Humphrey could end up being better than Tabor. And he has great bloodlines: His father, Bobby, was a big-time running back at Alabama who was picked in the first round of the 1989 supplemental draft by the Broncos.

25. Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois

Illinois had two outstanding pass-rushers last season, and Smoot played like a first-round pick with Jihad Ward, who went to the Raiders in the second round, on the other side. I had Ward as the No. 27 player on my final Big Board, but Smoot was more productive in 2015. He had 8.0 sacks to Ward's 3.0. At 6-3, 255, Smoot plays the run well, too, and has a high motor.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It's not August anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

davecrazy posted:

It's not August anymore.
:woop:

• Locked thread