Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dude who cares if your baby is bawling while someone is trying to talk he's right it's annoying af and yeah 'but he's supposed to kiss it on the head' who cares meng

righteous :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

rezatahs posted:

babies are horrible yet they get this sacred pass because supposedly they don't know any better

spare the rod spoil the child

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It really is remarkable how much worse everyone in this picture looks today

Except Melania (if that is her in the picture, who can keep track of trumpwives), she still looks good

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

loquacius posted:

It really is remarkable how much worse everyone in this picture looks today

almost like twenty years have passed and they were already old, weird

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Blue Train posted:

youre seriously loving stupid and this doesn't happen in america

You are not aware of Minimalist Program's posting style.
Hint: It is the same weak attempt at trolling.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Did he just throw a loving baby?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Was it a baby muslim?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Did the baby he threw go too far?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Told Two Times posted:

Let's put a child rapist back in the white house. Hillary Clinton 2016 I'm with her!

But you vote Clinton to stop the child rapist.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Blue Train posted:

UH yeah it does so happen. People in the US carry firearms with them all the time, in public. They walk around with guns and even rifles and point them at the cashiers at their local supermarket when they get mad.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

khan stump the trump

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Minimalist Program posted:

UH yeah it does so happen. People in the US carry firearms with them all the time, in public. They walk around with guns and even rifles and point them at the cashiers at their local supermarket when they get mad.

It's considered a sign of respect to point your gun at someone, because it means you recognize the threat of their power. At board meetings everyone watches the slides and such while keeping the red dot of their short-barreled rifle trained on the speaker out of deference.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Ork of Fiction posted:

It's considered a sign of respect to point your gun at someone, because it means you recognize the threat of their power. At board meetings everyone watches the slides and such while keeping the red dot of their short-barreled rifle trained on the speaker out of deference.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Blue Train posted:

you're talking about a nation so filled with pussies that youtube is packed with videos of people that feel the need to carry an assault rifle to places like walmart and ruby tuesday's...it does happen

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Robot Pride posted:

you're talking about a nation so filled with pussies that youtube is packed with videos of people that feel the need to carry an assault rifle to places like walmart and ruby tuesday's...it does happen

Yeah it does. This is exactly what I am talking about.

Ork of Fiction posted:

I did not know this but, if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. I guess the US really is a country of many interesting facets.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I'm getting really tired of the fact that every election I'm stuck with having to choose the lesser of two child rapists

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Trump is going to drown a puppy live on periscope at 8pm est tonight.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jiharlequinade posted:

I'm getting really tired of the fact that every election I'm stuck with having to choose the lesser of two child rapists

Guineapig
Sep 8, 2005

Louder is not Better
Yes, Trump has gone too far.

From Talking Points Memo discussion about a series of tweets from a former nuclear weapons officer saying "Trump is so drat dangerous", in response to reports that Trump repeatedly asked an unnamed advisor why the United States can't use nuclear weapons since we have them:

ncsteve says:

"We are now into the second generation of voters who have no meaningful memories of the days when the Emergency Broadcast System wasn't a thing that warned you about severe weather but, rather, was a government service that would provide everyone ten to fifteen minutes to decide whether you were really, truly an atheist before you died.

Nuclear war wasn't an abstraction or an exercise in hyperbole before 1992. It was a constant background worry for all informed people. It was like a low grade infection sapping your sense of wellbeing. And that's when there wasn't actually a crisis going in the world.

We and the Soviets each had fifty to sixty thousand nuclear weapons and they were all armed, aimed and on a hair trigger alert. We had seventeen, that's right, seventeen warheads pointed at Moscow alone, which, in keeping with the underlying madness of the entire idea, were targeted at individual buildings, and scheduled to roll in over the course of the Last Day to ensure they didn't disrupt each other. They had even more warheads, similarly targeted at us. (Unspoken by either nation was that neither us or the Soviets were likely to leave China around to claim the title of King of the Ashes if the nukes flew.)

It would take hours for either side to get the End of the World Party started today. Then, it could happen literally in two or three minutes.

So, back in those days, at least, this story wouldn't have been just a thing people shrugged their shoulders at and criticized the sourcing before moving on. In those days, the MSM, whose denizens lived with the same fear the rest of us did and, in any case, wasn't the degenerate, coopted sham it is today, would have been on this story like a pack of Rotweillers on a trespasser wearing a suit made of steak.

I don't want to shake my cane or criticize the useless youth of today or go on and on about the days when I hung an onion from my belt. I just want people to understand that the mere fact that a person who thought he could be president asked these questions--the mere level of ignorance that caused him to ask them, not the underlying madness--would have been considered disqualifying and a matter of absolute, paramount importance. You would have heard of nothing else for days.

I'm glad that, along with all the other shitshows--the income inequality, the global warming, the democratic institutions strained to their breaking point because one of our two major parities has degenerated from a normal American political party into a nihilistic authoritarian hypernationalistic movement--we could at least pass on a world where the constant fear of global thermonuclear armageddon has receded.

But for god's sake, please don't take it for granted. It would be a criminal irony if the result of our having been able to accomplish the small good of delivering ourselves and our posterity from a world where Mutual Assured Destruction was the only way we could think of to render the use of nuclear weapons "unthinkable" was was to render the use of two or three or ten nuclear weapons all-too-thinkable by a presidential candidate."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-noonan-trump-nuclear-weapons-twitter

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CalvinCoolidge
Dec 27, 2008

Is it wrong that I prefer the nuclear deterrent option over the endless drone-automated proxy wars path that we are currently traveling down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Fury Road was better than the Robocop remake, therefore it only makes sense to vote for Trump.

• Locked thread