Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I was legit pissed that pera quoted rarity's message to me about friendships being more important than winning a game and then betrayed mmt.

Blame me not pera to be fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

Quidnose got owned hard.

fixed

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My favourite quidnose meltdown was the one that started at the beginning of this game and hasn't stopped yet

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Everyone knows that every meltdown up until I got ousted was completely scripted, right

Then I got kicked out and I was legitimately pissed.

Thank though, Meinberg!~

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
nice meltdown

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

flerp posted:

nice meltdown

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My favourite Quidnose meltdown was him sending me like 50 messages over 3 days, half of them being in French.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That was me, though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

My favourite Quidnose meltdown was him sending me like 50 messages over 3 days, half of them being in French.

this is me as well, holy poo poo. I had no idea what was happening.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I honestly couldn't decide whether saying nothing or hiding a "there is no idol here" picture would be worse. I didn't know which would lead to more searching.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What prompted people to search in french again?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What prompted people to search in french again?

Poque's bolded stuff said "calcul pm poque challenge complete"

And I got into my head that calcul was french for calculate

then I easily found "bonne chance!" in that set of words and went to town from there.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Pourquois pas?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I was like "poque is canadian isn't he they speak french in canada" and then the only hidden veto i could find was Big Brother canada and yeah it all just lined up

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The great Canadian city of Chicago

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If only Quidnose had thought to ask Poque for a pizza opinion this all could have been avoided

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidnose posted:

Also I was like "poque is canadian isn't he they speak french in canada" and then the only hidden veto i could find was Big Brother canada and yeah it all just lined up

except u were wrong

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If only we had some gif to celebrate Quidnose suffering

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If only we had some gif to celebrate Quidnose suffering

hmm?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's too bad the original is lost to time

E:

Also I love you quid

Jump King fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 21, 2016

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I was legit pissed that pera quoted rarity's message to me about friendships being more important than winning a game and then betrayed mmt.

While it was tough for me to see this for the first day or two, I feel like pera's decision regarding backstabbing me was more of a "moment of weakness" thing (no offense to Cat of course!) and less of an "intentionally being dishonest" thing. I think it's an important distinction and hope you guys are cool now :palmon:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I said this in the discord, but I think a lot of it is being blinded by your own narrative. You get near the end and start to really believe this story you've created for yourself and completely lose track of the larger picture.

For me, my mistake was believing Rarity and I had been so evil together that there was no other option but to go to the end together and so I never even seriously considered her voting me out. For her, it was she felt the need to prove that she was making her own moves.

For pera it obviously was that she wanted to play a game without lying and keeping that narrative up blinded her to the mistake she was making.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Murmur Twin posted:

While it was tough for me to see this for the first day or two, I feel like pera's decision regarding backstabbing me was more of a "moment of weakness" thing (no offense to Cat of course!) and less of an "intentionally being dishonest" thing. I think it's an important distinction and hope you guys are cool now :palmon:

It was definitely a moment of weakness thing, but I don't think she would've had it if I hadn't been in her ear.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Cat and MMT are some of my best friends and they now have being blindsided by me in common. A little over a month ago this would've been something I would have been proud of.

I didn't outsmart or outfox MMT, I stood by my word and let fear and paranoia rule me and suffered as a result. Blindsiding Cat also probably cost me Survivor, as satisfying as it felt pulling one over on one of the better tacticians I've known.

I appreciate you two standing up for me and what you're saying is true as you know but I don't think there'll really be any convincing anybody.

I worked my rear end off trying honestly to play this your way, Anarc. Quid got a little torture, MMT got ultimate betrayed for complex reasons, I totally accidentally told at least two lies outside of jury (despite my sincere best efforts). I did my best and it was excruciating and I'm never doing it again.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
pera I had just told you how I proud I was of your gameplay and this is how you responded. I took it as a personal affront. After how much you apologized and felt bad for loving me over in survivor, you still went and did the same thing to your other allies.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

curiousCat posted:

It was definitely a moment of weakness thing, but I don't think she would've had it if I hadn't been in her ear.

I agree with this and hope it wasn't implied that I was understating your role in it :j:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
expect the unexpected imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If only Quidnose had thought to ask Poque for a pizza opinion this all could have been avoided

So did you hit up the Sbarro at Grand Central or what

• Locked thread